Bank of America

Very Easy Interview

Litigation Specialist II Interview

Litigation Specialist II
Simi Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Interview was humerus, every question asked came right off website on the top ten interview questions. Why should I hire you? What was your proudest moment? Greatest accomplishment? Difficult situation with coworker and how did you handle? Have you ever been fired?

Interview Question – There was noting it was so lame, interviewer literally read each question scripted from online.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I knew what the job paid as had friends there they pain $24 hr.

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

Teller
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Received an email asking if I was interested in a group setting interview. The interview was really easy. learned so much about my self that I didn't know until I started talking about why I thought I was the perfect candidate for the position. Overall I think this has been one of the easiest interviews I have ever had.

Interview Question – When I was asked to pick an item from a bag and sell it to the other candidates in the group interview.   Answer Question

Business Control Manager Interview

Business Control Manager
Simi Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Interview Details – Came highly recommended to new line of business by senior leaders. Executive leader interviewed me with real questions, no frill no fluff....I was also an internal candidate trying to move up and into and new organization

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer accepted first time as I was moving into a higher role which was a promotion.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
Gardena, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details – Select hiring branches that you want to apply to then apply online, send resume, take the online assessment, pass group interview, and lastly interview with the branch manager. Sometimes they require you to pass three or four interviews before you get hired. After you pass the interviews they take your fingerprints and check your background.

Interview Question – Why Bank of America?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant - Systems Software Quality Assurance Interview

Senior Consultant - Systems Software Quality Assurance
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I had one in person interview for this job. It was a entry level software QA position and it lasted about 25 min. After the interview the process took about a month for HR and to finalize everything. The interview started out as the manager getting to know me by asking behavior and past experience questions. Most of these tech people are shy so speaking up and acting confident does make you stand out. After the first half she then asked about my technical experiences in which I was honest and gave a high level background of my skills. Depending on the team and position you are interviewing for the technical can very. For my position I needed SQL experience and basic software testing experience. Anyone that knows HP quality center, HP quick test pro, automation skills, advance excel skills, programing skills will stand out among other candidates. Make sure that you understand agile and waterfall process, front end and back end testing, black and white box testing, and automation testing with VB scripting. The main thing to remember is to just relax, the point of the interview is for you to come off as someone who the team would like to work with. Deadlines and deliverable mean everything to our team so you must also convey how you are very prompt at getting things done before they are due. Don't be afraid to highlight someone of your key talents even if they don't ask you what they are. Over all this is not a hard interview by any standards.

Interview Question – You never know what kind of technical question they may ask but make sure you know the technology you are applying for. Also be prepared to answer a question on how you identified a problem at work and used innovation to solve the problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process was easy, the offer was good so no need to ask for more money.

Teller Interview

Teller
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – My Bank of America Teller hiring process
On April 4, 2014 I applied for a part-time teller job at a Bank of America branch near my house. Right after applying I received an e-mail to take the Teller assessment. Passed the assessment the same day (if you don’t receive an e-mail right after taking it that you failed the assessment it means, that you passed it) and received a call from the recruiter on April 7, 2014 to fill out the Applicant Screening Investigation form and schedule a group interview. On April 15, 2014 I attended the group interview. The interview went very well. Try to be active during the interview, always try to be the first or at least the second to answer the recruiter’s questions, dress professional and smile as often as you can. After the interview the recruiter told, that she will give us updates during 5 business days. On April 16, 2014, the next day after the group interview, I received an e-mail from the recruiter to schedule an interview with a branch manager at another location (to tell the truth, it was my favorite branch of Bank of America near my area, so I was happy to go there). On April 18, 2014 I attended the interview with the branch manager. The interview was awesome. The branch manager was so impressed, that she told me, that I even look overqualified for a teller position. Each time I was answering her questions, she was telling me that I am speaking from her heart. When I was speaking about the products and services of the Bank of America, she told me, that I impressed her much more, because not having an account with them, I know about their products more, than some of her tellers do. In one word I can tell, that after the interview I was sure, that I will be offered a position. After that, on April 21, 2014 I received a call from the recruiter to start the process of Applicant Screening Investigation, but he didn’t tell me any word about a job offer, or if I am going to get it or not. He just told me, that now is the time to pass the screening investigation and it is going to take up to 5 business days, and he will update me about the results during 24 hours once they are returned. As long as I didn’t receive any update after 5 business days I wrote an e-mail to my recruiter on April 25, 2014 to check the status of my screening investigation and job application, but didn’t receive anything back. Then, on April 28, 2014, I wrote an e-mail to my second VP recruiter, who was conducting the group interview for status update and got a reply the same day, that she will rich out to me with an update by next day. On April 29, 2014, my recruiter sent me an e-mail to schedule a brief phone interview 2 days later to review my background check form (ASI). On May 1, 2014 an investigator called me and required a copy of a reference letter from one of my previous jobs. I sent it to him and an hour later my recruiter called and told me, that my ASI came back satisfactory and she is ready to extend a part time teller job offer to me. I was very happy and accepted the offer right away. After that my recruiter sent me all the necessary e-mails to complete my New Hire Onboarding portal and schedule an appointment for my fingerprints and I9 verification. I completed all that staff right away and on May 5, 2014 submitted my fingerprints for Criminal Background Check, passed the I9 verification and took my photo for my badge. My start day is May 16, 2014. So the whole process took one and a half month from the day I applied to may start day. Thanks a lot to my recruiter and hiring manager. Very excited to start my career at Bank of America. I wish best of luck to all other applicants; hope my story will be helpful for other applicants.

Interview Question – The most difficult part is the role play. Try to relax and be yourself and you will be fine. There weren't any other difficult questions during the interviews.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything. Just accepted the order.

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Long Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2013.

Interview Details – The group interview was an excellent forum to meet fellow candidates, to sit down with the regional manager and sales managers and to learn more about the job requirements.

Collector I Interview

Collector I
Lancaster, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was called back a month after I applied. I first had a phone interview where basic questions about my work experiance were asked and then I was scheduled to do a face to face interview. There, along with the same questions as before I was asked questions about how I've handled situations with difficult customers and where I have gone above and beyond for a customer.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness? That one gets me every time!.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Calabasas Hills, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired through a temp agency which is usually the process at Bank of America unless you know someone. If you do know someone a senior manager and happen to get your resume pushed an interview would just be going through the motions.

Interview Question – I have never been asked interview style questions as I was hired through the temp agency.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The agency negotiates for you and it is an as is offer.

DIL Specialist Interview

DIL Specialist
Simi Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – 1 interview, a drug test, and background check as well as fingerprinting. It took 2-3 months before they called back after the interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for 19/hr but the highest they were willing to start was 17/hr

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!