Bank of America

2.6

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online - Assessment test - Phone interview with recruiter - Panel Interview - One on one with Sales performance manager

The process is really quick after the phone interview with the recruiter. Before the interview, read up on Bank of America's products and bring multiple copies of your resume. DO know your resume also because you'll be walking your interviewers through your resume and know when to highlight your strengths and skill sets. Remember you have to stand out amongst the other candidates so be prepared for anything. I had to role play in english, my secondary language and role play again with the manager. Be confident because you'll have to be confident in selling the product and more importantly, YOURSELF.

Litigation Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview was humerus, every question asked came right off website on the top ten interview questions. Why should I hire you? What was your proudest moment? Greatest accomplishment? Difficult situation with coworker and how did you handle? Have you ever been fired?

Interview Questions
    • There was noting it was so lame, interviewer literally read each question scripted from online.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I knew what the job paid as had friends there they pain $24 hr.

Senior Consultant - Systems Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I had one in person interview for this job. It was a entry level software QA position and it lasted about 25 min. After the interview the process took about a month for HR and to finalize everything. The interview started out as the manager getting to know me by asking behavior and past experience questions. Most of these tech people are shy so speaking up and acting confident does make you stand out. After the first half she then asked about my technical experiences in which I was honest and gave a high level background of my skills. Depending on the team and position you are interviewing for the technical can very. For my position I needed SQL experience and basic software testing experience. Anyone that knows HP quality center, HP quick test pro, automation skills, advance excel skills, programing skills will stand out among other candidates. Make sure that you understand agile and waterfall process, front end and back end testing, black and white box testing, and automation testing with VB scripting. The main thing to remember is to just relax, the point of the interview is for you to come off as someone who the team would like to work with. Deadlines and deliverable mean everything to our team so you must also convey how you are very prompt at getting things done before they are due. Don't be afraid to highlight someone of your key talents even if they don't ask you what they are. Over all this is not a hard interview by any standards.

Interview Questions
    • You never know what kind of technical question they may ask but make sure you know the technology you are applying for. Also be prepared to answer a question on how you identified a problem at work and used innovation to solve the problem.   View Answer
    The negotiation process was easy, the offer was good so no need to ask for more money.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

My Bank of America Teller hiring process
    On April 4, 2014 I applied for a part-time teller job at a Bank of America branch near my house. Right after applying I received an e-mail to take the Teller assessment. Passed the assessment the same day (if you don’t receive an e-mail right after taking it that you failed the assessment it means, that you passed it) and received a call from the recruiter on April 7, 2014 to fill out the Applicant Screening Investigation form and schedule a group interview. On April 15, 2014 I attended the group interview. The interview went very well. Try to be active during the interview, always try to be the first or at least the second to answer the recruiter’s questions, dress professional and smile as often as you can. After the interview the recruiter told, that she will give us updates during 5 business days. On April 16, 2014, the next day after the group interview, I received an e-mail from the recruiter to schedule an interview with a branch manager at another location (to tell the truth, it was my favorite branch of Bank of America near my area, so I was happy to go there). On April 18, 2014 I attended the interview with the branch manager. The interview was awesome. The branch manager was so impressed, that she told me, that I even look overqualified for a teller position. Each time I was answering her questions, she was telling me that I am speaking from her heart. When I was speaking about the products and services of the Bank of America, she told me, that I impressed her much more, because not having an account with them, I know about their products more, than some of her tellers do. In one word I can tell, that after the interview I was sure, that I will be offered a position. After that, on April 21, 2014 I received a call from the recruiter to start the process of Applicant Screening Investigation, but he didn’t tell me any word about a job offer, or if I am going to get it or not. He just told me, that now is the time to pass the screening investigation and it is going to take up to 5 business days, and he will update me about the results during 24 hours once they are returned. As long as I didn’t receive any update after 5 business days I wrote an e-mail to my recruiter on April 25, 2014 to check the status of my screening investigation and job application, but didn’t receive anything back. Then, on April 28, 2014, I wrote an e-mail to my second VP recruiter, who was conducting the group interview for status update and got a reply the same day, that she will rich out to me with an update by next day. On April 29, 2014, my recruiter sent me an e-mail to schedule a brief phone interview 2 days later to review my background check form (ASI). On May 1, 2014 an investigator called me and required a copy of a reference letter from one of my previous jobs. I sent it to him and an hour later my recruiter called and told me, that my ASI came back satisfactory and she is ready to extend a part time teller job offer to me. I was very happy and accepted the offer right away. After that my recruiter sent me all the necessary e-mails to complete my New Hire Onboarding portal and schedule an appointment for my fingerprints and I9 verification. I completed all that staff right away and on May 5, 2014 submitted my fingerprints for Criminal Background Check, passed the I9 verification and took my photo for my badge. My start day is May 16, 2014. So the whole process took one and a half month from the day I applied to may start day. Thanks a lot to my recruiter and hiring manager. Very excited to start my career at Bank of America. I wish best of luck to all other applicants; hope my story will be helpful for other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part is the role play. Try to relax and be yourself and you will be fine. There weren't any other difficult questions during the interviews.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate anything. Just accepted the order.

DIL Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

1 interview, a drug test, and background check as well as fingerprinting. It took 2-3 months before they called back after the interview

I asked for 19/hr but the highest they were willing to start was 17/hr

Deed In Lieu Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

I was interviewed by a very nice manager and was hired very quickly. I was actually rehired when the company was still Countrywide since I was a previous employee.

It was very smooth

Executive Escalation Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

The process is very straightforward with 1-2 interviews. The first is over the phone with a recruiter who asks basic/generic questions and the second is with the actual hiring manager. In this interview, the questions may be a little more specific to the role you are applying for, depending on the position. Oftentimes, both sets of interview questions are quite generic.

Interview Questions
    • There are no unexpected questions here. They use a lot of the same questions other employers use such as: What was the most challenging situation you've faces at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    They accepted my initial offer

Technology Developer and Analyst Intern Program _ Enterprise Chief Information Officer (ECIO) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

I applied through my school's website, and got an interview opportunity on campus. There were two interviews, the first one was a new employee of BOA and the second one was a senior. The first one was really nice, just several questions about my previous project and very simple brain teaser. The second one was quite technical, I was required to write a function in C++

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2013.

1) I applied online.
    2) A day later I received an email asking to do an assessment.
    3)I got a call the next day. If you pass, you'll receive a phone call asking if you are still interested in the position. She just asked me basic questions so she can fill forms out. The recruiter coordinator was genuinely helpful and answered all of my questions. She emails you the information about the interview time and place.
    4) Bring two resumes and availability schedules. The group interview consisted of 2 managers and 1 recruiter and about 8 people from different branches. She handed out a piece of paper that she wanted us to follow along with during the interview. Throughout the entire interview, she explained to us the criteria of being a bank teller. First, you introduce yourself, tell them your qualifications and why you should be selected to work at Bank of America. FIRST IMPRESSION MATTERS. She asked for availability for the next 12 months and if you want part time/ full time and if you want to be pipelined for other branches. Pipelined means that if you don't receive the job at that branch then she would keep in contact with you if you are interested at other branches. IF you get referred the job.
    5)Role play. She put us in a group of 4 and told us to role play the parts of a bank teller, customer, and host at the door and one person sits out. You're choice of what you want to sell and what you want to offer more to the customer.
    6) She addressed us to the one on one interview with the manager.
    7) During the interview he asked me questions about situations in my past work and asked me to role play with him.
    How did you think your group interview went?
    When was a time you and a worker worked together to achieve something? (Something like that)
    Describe a time where your coworker wasn't working as hard as you or wasn't doing something right? What did you do?
    Sell me a credit card and tell me why i shouldn't go to wells fargo instead?
    He asked me a max of four questions.
    8) I got a call the next day saying I as referred the job but unfortunately, the branch i applied for no longer had any openings. She put me on pipeline because I said I was interested. She told me to fill out the background check and to be thorough. She told me to call her again when she was free so we could go over the background check again before I send it in.
    9)The background check must come back SATISFACTORY in order for you to get the job.
    ----(I havent sent in my background check yet.)------
    10) She told me if it comes back satisfactory and there are openings around my area she would set me up with another meeting/ interview with THAT branch manager.
    11) If you make it this far, you'd have to do a paid training for about a month long. Then start working I believe.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, but I was really nervous during the group interview and that part was the hardest for me.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

The process was quick and easy. They called me for a 40-45 mins phone interview with a recruiter. I received an email for group interview in 2 days. I came to a group interview of 10-15 applicants and had 1-1 with hiring manager and branch manager. They offered my a lower base salary. I negotiated, and they accepted my counter offer the same day. I had a great interview experience

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most challenging goal and what did you do to accomplish it?   Answer Question