Bank of America Merchant Services

Bank of America Merchant Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.9

basic interview with basic questions. Sales Mgr was NOT experienced with interviewing and used an interview guide. Manager was recently promoted to sales mgr from an outside sales position. Obviously not comfortable or confident in leadership.

Merchant Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services.

Recruiter called and asked questions about experience, she said I should hear from manager, I did and he asked a few questions and later that day, HR called to offer the job. No face to face. Didn't see mgr until after training.

Small Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services in December 2014.

Applied on the website, a few days later got an email from HR in Tampa with the online assessment. The day after completing the assessment got a call from the same person in Tampa telling me that she was going to contact her colleague to set up an interview date. After 2 hours or so, on the same day, I got a call from a recruiter in California to schedule an interview for the following week. The process between applying online and going to the interview only took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was rather normal, usual question. What do you know what we do, our products and such. Why should we hire you. Have questions for the interviewer, we asked me three times if I had questions to him for which I had. So just research what the Merchant Services are all about.   Answer Question

Mechant Services Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services in October 2014.

2 phone screens then a no show appointment, weird? Had standard questions like why are you interested in the position, why do you think you would be successful in this role, tell me about your experiences in field sales, etc

Interview Questions
    • why do you think you would be successful in this role, tell me about your experiences in field sales, etc   View Answer

Assistant Vice President Merchant Solutions Specialist Interview

Phone interview, personality evaluation test, and Face to face, then hired on the spot. However it took long time to get into training class 30 days. Have funds on the side so you don't go broke until you 2nd month when you get your 1st's month new hire incentive

Merchant Services Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services.

I applied via Glassdoor.com or Monster.com. I received a phone call from a recruiter a few weeks later. A few days after that, I engaged in a phone interview with the regional manger. He asked me to send him a 30, 60, and 90 day business plan. I sent it to him a PowerPoint format. He invited me to a face to face interview. Towards the end he, "welcomed me aboard". I received an official offer from the recruiter by the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions difficult. I discussed my experience. He shared his opportunity. It was pretty cut and dry. He did ask for a reiteration of my 30, 60, and 90 business plan again.   Answer Question
    1st interview with recruited. Second interview on the phone with the regional manager. Final face to face interview. The recruiter misinformed me on the base salary. We negotiated and met in the middle.

Small Business Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services in April 2014.

Interview was very direct and the manager was very open about the compensation, incentive structure and work environment, Was really more to see if I would be a good fit for the company and not so formal. They have printout of your skills from the assessment so they just try to make sure you actually fit the metrics.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important factors to you when considering a career move?   Answer Question
    There is a set base pay, I did not negotiate the offer as the commission structure is very generous. The best I have heard thus far.

Assistant Vice President- Merchant Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services.

Typical questions about sales experience, goals and what the position has to offer. Maybe ask to sell a pen depending on the interviewer

Assistant Vice President- Merchant Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services.

Quick, straight to the point

No negotiation everyone has a set salary.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America Merchant Services.

Phone interview by HR. One in person interview by hiring manager. No assessments, surveys or profile tools.

Interview Questions
    Positive, we went back and forth for 2 rounds and reached an agreeable solution.