Bank of America Interview Questions in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

2.8

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Banking Center Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Phone interview followed by computer assessment then a management role play in person with three market mangers listening on the phone. And finally a panel interview with market exec and two market managers

BCM Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

I applied in march on the bank of america careers website, in april i received an email that said i had been chosen to move to the next step in the hiring process and it gave me a link to take online assesment, this assements was pretty much like a personality test, after that in two days i received another email for a second assesment but this is more a behavioral with video interactions. There are 4 different scenarios like coaching an underperfoming teller and conducting a store meeting after reviewing some background info about the branch. 1 week later i receives a phone call from a recruiter and she basically ask questions about my current position and pay, i had applied for an assistant bcm but the recruiter said with my background she would set up an interview to get me in the leadership development program. The following week i had a phone interview on monday with a consumer area market mgr, it was only 20 min and she ask about how do i motivate my employees and how do you increase sales. On tuesday recruiter called me said she could set up a face to face int for wednesday with another area mgr, but she didnt tell it was going to be a panel interview, so the face to face was actually with 2 bcm and an area manager, role play was conducted to coach an underperfoming employee, and this where i stand so far

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

Online appliation was submitted, took about three weeks before recving any info from BOA. Finally received a online assessment invite. Completed this and ws then contacted by recurtier to do a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked basic questions in ref. to expeiance, reason for leaving previous job and a basic customer contact question. Next day I was scheduled to attend a face to face with the branch manager. I was told how process would go, expalined the expectations and givin a brief description of the role itself, in addition to some background about BOA. Interview went well sent off for background was told it could take up to nine days and now I'm pending a response.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a teller that was always out of balance,yet all other work was being performed beyond expectations?   View Answer
    Pending background info, no nego as of this moment.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

I first completed an online application and assessment. I then received a phone call from the HR specialist a few days later with a few basic questions, informally. I was informed by her to attend a group interview at a location. They then indicated that the position location we originally applied for is filled because they interview in advance to have tellers available to fill posts immediately.
    I was sent to be interviewed at a location with an opening after being asked what location I would prefer, which was nice.
    I interviewed with the Assistant Banking Center Manager and the Banking Center Manager, one after the other. They asked me typical interview questions, like questions about myself and my previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sell them a bank product. It was challenging for me because I was not really sales oriented but I did good enough to sell myself, I guess.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

It was a longer process than I expected and involved a lot of questions. It was mostly dealing with my retail/face-to-face experience with customers. Bank Tellers now are more of a "soft sale" position so they like sales experience. The manager put me through many role-playing situations that most tellers would experience...it was pretty nerve-racking but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Why Bank of America? Why not any other bank?...this one caught me off-guard.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. The pay was fixed according to my understanding.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online and was called back by recruiter within a week. Very imformative and told me I was over qualified for teller position. She told me that she would contact me as soon as a sales position opened up and did 2 months later. 1 phone interview then 1 branch manager interview then 1 final interview with upper management. They were all very honest and really laid out what the expectations were for sales associates.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a customer complaint and convert it into a sale? Be ready to rold play   Answer Question
    There was none they told me what the base salary was for all starting bankers

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2013.

Apply online, if you get accepted you have to take a series of fairly easy tests to check your counting skills, your reading skills, and to see if you can follow directions well.
    If you pass it, then the recruiter will set up a group interview and if you can't attend it, you will be able to do a phone interview. This is just to get you into their "system." If you pass this step then you get to interview with each individual bank center.

Interview Questions
    • You have to do a mock teller role play where you try to sell online banking to the customer. Even if you don't know the services you have, they give you a brief overview of it.   Answer Question

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2013.

The interview was conducted over the phone. The questions I answered were scenario questions dealing with credit analysis.

Interview Questions
    It went my way so it was nice.

Financial Management Associate Intern Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Two rounds of interviews. Mostly behavioral questions with minimal technical questions. This was my first interview for an internship with such a large company. Technical questions included if you are a bank is a loan an assest or liability, what is a default on a loan, why do banks have pre payment penalties on loans. Interviews are back to back. I found out about this opportunity on campuswith my university. Make sure to go to all the information sessions and pre interview socials.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the CEO for bank of america, what is the difference between cost accounting and financial accounting.   Answer Question

Banking Center Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Very pleasant. Two assessments taken regarding personality and possible situations. Interviewed with banking center manager and two "regional" managers. The process took all of 2 weeks. Negotiation of salary was an option, but I was offered more than I was expecting. Great company to work for with a very solid work/life balance. If you are willing to put the time in, the company will notice.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you made a poor decision at work and how was it handled/ what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    The offer was more than I expected.