Bank of America Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

They do a background check and many interviews.. they look for candidates with experience and a book of purchase business. They wont hire people with no experience and without a establish book of business.

Everything is based on current book of business.. so if you have realtors and can prove you close a lot of purchases you can get better offer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Pretty Easy.......initial conversation with HR, two face to face interviews with two different managers. Standard questions in each and nothing unusual in either interview. Both asked comparable questions, most likely they compared answers so as long as you explained your history and background and why they should hire you for the position you would most likely pass each one.

Interview Questions
    With HR over the phone not in person, a little room to negotiate income but not much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

I was hired by someone I had worked with in the past. I forwarded my resume, had a brief interview and was offered a position. The position had to be approved by upper management which did take a couple of months. However, once I received an offer letter and accepted, everything went quickly.

Just got the standard offer letter - take it or leave it.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I applied online and got a call about a month later. They can be slow.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were really straight forward, specially if you are in the industry.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I asked for a certain amount and they declined and said: our maximum is X. I am sure all positions are different though.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

First I was contacted by a recruiter, once she screen me and saw I was a great fit, she referred my resume to the manager. My interview was setup through my recruiter, once I had the interview I found out I had the job. The process was very smooth and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to maintain the loans pipeline, and making sure you meet the guidelines required by boa.   Answer Question
    After the recruiter reached back out to me after the interview, she asked me how it went and how I felt about the job was for me. After I stated the job was for me, she offered me the job and sent me a offer letter.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

online, called in meet with 2 managers....interview questions formatted for mgmnt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

The on boarding and hiring was relatively painless. The hr department was on top of things.

It was low then I countered and I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2009.

Applied online. They called back and scheduled interview. Went. And interviewed with 3 managers at once. After that it takes about a week or 2 for them to contact you back. Normally by email to elt you know if you got the job

Base pay is about 30k a yr. not really any negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

I had 1 phone interview about 30min, then 2 face to face interviews about 30 minutes each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2008.

Hiring process will include 1 or two interviews with 2 hiring managers together or 1 hiring manager on two separate interviews

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and how will you overcome them?   Answer Question