Bank of America

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

I applied both online and through on-campus recruiting channels. Had a first round interview in person and was invited to New York for a superday. Many questions were behavioral and some technical questions. Be prepared for a stock pitch and market questions.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. Not too much technical questions.   Answer Question

Finance Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

2 half hour, back-to-back interviews that were 100% behavioral given by two friendly individuals that kept things relaxed throughout. Questions included: give me an example of when you've delegated, why this position, describe a difficult situation that you've been in, describe a difficult decision you've had to make, and they expected you to have questions ready to ask them. They were willing to do the interview virtually which was nice of them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used market research to make a decision.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

The process was quick because it was all internal. Discussed my numbers and sales attributes to the financial center and that was it. When working in New York City, it is a very small market and everyone knows everyone

Interview Questions
    Didnt negotiate, got everything I wanted.

S&T Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

Got selected for a first round interview on campus, 1 on 1, then got called the same day for a super day. Had a quick tour of the trading floor that morning followed by 3 rounds of interviews, 30min each. Interviews come from different groups, and a lot of market questions.

Assistant Vice President Clearing Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

I interviewed with 3 managers at the BofA Merrill Fulton Street location, then I headed to the Bryant Park location by subway to Interview with a counterpart and the Sr. VP. The interviews from start to finish totaled about 4 hrs.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

The interviewing process was amazing! It was fun and I was very comfortable. I initially applied for a teller position but they offered me a position called Professional Teller position. Easy questions... "Why Bank of America?" "Tell me about yourself" Just breathe and relax, you'll be fine!

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade a client to speak with a credit specialist when she only wanted to process a transaction?   View Answer
    None

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

There was an on-campus interview and a final round Super Day. With in the first week they let me know that I was a candidate for the position; after several weeks they let me know that I had gotten the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work at BAML, specifically sales and trading?   View Answer
    • What experiences have you had that you feel will prepare you for this role?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

very smooth, lots of personal and professional questions and questions concerning work ethic and capital structure.
    They ask you questions on ambitions and where you will want to be in 5-10 years.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

The process took two weeks. Got phone interview first and then had an on site interview with the branch manager. The whole process went pretty smooth. Nothing was extremely hard. Questions were: Why should we hire you as a financial advisor? What is your five year plan look like in Bank of America?

No negotiation.

IB Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America in December 2014.

First round on campus with alumni, Super day in New York. We have a school application system, but you also had to submit one online as well. It helps to reach out to the analysts but, even though they ask for a cover letter, they don't read it. Super day was 3 rooms, mostly 2-1 interviews and you were evaluated in "pods." The building was not their main building.

Interview Questions
    • First rounds were behaviorals, super days were more technical, some frame questions, and fit. Be able to speak to team questions.   Answer Question