Bank of America Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

GTS Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standard interview process. Two rounds, on campus interview followed by a Superday in New York. Find our same day if you made it to the next round/got the job.

Interview Questions

• Everyone asks you to explain what GTS does and almost no one expects you to have the right answer. Definitely be prepared to answer that question though.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and the next day I heard back via email from a recruiter about a hiring event they were having. I attended and there were a lot of managers there and a lot of interviewees. You were assigned to a manager and you had a one on one interview with them. The manager I interviewed with was really sweet and we hit it off very well! It was a fairly relaxed interview. Make sure you know history about the company and be prepared to act out a scenario if you're selling something if asked! Once I finished she told me that they would contact me by the end of the week. They didn't, so I followed up with them the next week (they become very busy).

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, how would you sell something to me?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online several times to BOA. After graduating college and having 4-5 years cash handling experience, I finally heard back. I received an email for a group interview. I went in and the interviewer said we'd hear back in 1 week. I understand they have many applicants thats why they probably called me back 3 weeks later to give me a position with no further interviews. Only require a background check

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

You apply online, if you have the minimum requirements you will get an email with an assessment, if you pass you get a call from the recruiter. If the recruiter finds you a good fit you get to go to a group in person interview. If you pass the interview the recruiter calls you in 2 days, giving you an offer and you can think about it or answer on the spot. There will be 5-8 people interviewing you! Don't get nervous. There was 5 of us being interviewed and 8 people interviewing us. They all have a question, observing you, taking notes and questioning your resume. Like a person got questioned why they wanted to leave their employer after only working for that employer 6 months. They asked me what where my sales goals at my former job. When is time to role play be the first one! Trust me. Study their products and you will nail the role play. The lady person got the hardest scenario. Good luck!

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

1. recruiter calls first 2. Met with HR- got hired on the spot! Got my fingerprints done at different location, background , etc...got a call a few days later with offer.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, took an online application that involved memorizing longwinded stories then having to type in what I remembered from the story in about a minute and a half. The second part involved scenarios that combined numerical data with banking products and Id have to analyze a customers situation and place then in the right account according with the information given to me and the customers wishes. Lastly, there was the standard multiple choice section about you character and work style. Apparently, I did well, and received a phone call a week later to set up a phone interview for the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? How would you ensure you meet your goals during a time of little walk in traffic at the bank. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? what unique attributes you bring with you as a sales person that will make you successful? And What has worked for you so far?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I didn't get any answer. Later got an invitation for open house. Had an interview with one of the managers, the lady was friendly and nice, easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Did I have specific goals in sale on my previous job? How would you solve problems with angry client? Why do you want to quit your current job?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company that set up a phone interview that was partly technical and partly about my background. The technical component was about object oriented concepts and multi threading along with some basic algorithms. The interviewer was very helpful and overall it was a positive experience.

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Saturday and received an email instructing me to take the management assessment Monday morning. Received an email instructing me to take the coaching role play on Tuesday and was setup with a phone interview later that week with the recruiter. Overall, I interviewed with 3 different banking centers, being hired in on the third one (the first two were inside promotions). Whole process took 2.5 months start to finish but it was worth it. My recruiter was great and kept pushing me to interview with other locations. Great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult employee in your current job?   1 Answer
    • Coaching role play with a teller who has been performing low in certain areas and improving in others.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate anything as I was offered what I wanted. Though I came from a different industry and I didn't want to push my luck even though I knew I was getting the position.

Vice President - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Ronkonkoma, Suffolk, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (Lake Ronkonkoma, Suffolk, NY).

Interview

My interview process was completely over the phone. Initially it was my manager that screened me, followed by a second call with the rest of the team. They fired technical questions at me, and I answered them. I was then asked if I had any questions about the role. My position is interesting because of the geographical dispersement of my team. Nearly everyone in the group works from home, thus they phone interviews. A lot of what they were looking for was both my technical abilities and my ability to communicate and blend with the rest of the team.