Bank of America Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

165 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Leadership Development - Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2013.

Did an afternoon of interviews with 6 different individuals....was shocked that they basically all asked the same generic, behavioral interviewing 101 questions.

The recruiter told me I did well during the 1st round of interviews and I moved onto the 2nd round. Again, I was told I did well and they were very interested in me. Then radio silence...for 3 mos! The recruiter didn't return my voicemails/emails, which is completely unprofessional. I called again almost 3 mos. later, just to close the loop and caught the recruiter by surprise...she remembered me but basically didn't have a reason as to why I wasn't selected as I asked for feedback. The position was a senior-level role on their Leadership Development team...They people that I interviwed with were nice, but the experience with the recruiter basically turned me off.

Salses and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

I applied through my university and was interviewed on campus by an alumni. I had an internal recommendation, interviewed, sent a thank you email, and never heard back either way...... The interviewer was obnoxious and spoke right over me while answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked my opinion on what I thought the Fed's actions would be in the new year.   View Answer

Director, Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Extremely long process; over 8 separate interviews; too many people involved in the decision making process; took over 3 weeks to get an offer; hard to negotiate the offer; what you to start right away; HR is not organized so make copies of all your records

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward; know about the Company prior to the interviews   Answer Question
    Hard to negotiation

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

I applied for this position online.

After three months, I was contacted by the HR for a phone screening round.

And after a week I was called in for a in-person interview.

I had two rounds of interviews on the same day, first was with the Manger and the second was with an Associate. The questions were very basic and the people were very nice.

The third round of interview was over the telephone with the VP located in HQ. Some of the technical questions asked were tough.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 4-6 journal entries in the third round. Starting from easy to difficult.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

There were 2 rounds of interview. First a phone interview from human resources with questions based on your resume. The second interview took place in the branch and directly with its branch manager. All questions are behavioral.

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

Found a job in the businesses' intranet. Applied online, had initial interview with complex Managing Director, Second interview with District Client Relationship Manager, third interview was a group interview with the Managing Director and branch Administrative manager. The process was a positive one.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult challenge and how you overcame the challenge.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

On campus interview, then placement day. Expected to do "coffee chats" in advance of on campus interviews. Networking is essential. Be prepared with "why BAML" but also know basic investment banking questions like how a change in depreciation flows through the 3 statements. IF you are interviewing for an industry group, know some deals that group has done.

No negotiations possible

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

I had a phone interview with Bank of America for the internship in Sales and Trading. I got the interview through on-campus recruiting and it took a week for them to get back to me. It was 2:1 phone interview and they asked a lot of technical questions.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsdale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsdale, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

It was an career event, we had to apply online at first, but everyone who came in was interviewed. It was and easy interview. You have to talk that you are a people's person, goal oriented etc. However, after 2 weeks, I still haven't received reply.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Initial interview with two managing directors. Followed by another round with two more separate interviews (VP and President). Questions were straight forward and behavioral, not technical. Most technical was "do you understand what our group does?"

Interview Questions

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!