Bank of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Salses and Trading Interview

Salses and Trading
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my university and was interviewed on campus by an alumni. I had an internal recommendation, interviewed, sent a thank you email, and never heard back either way...... The interviewer was obnoxious and spoke right over me while answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked my opinion on what I thought the Fed's actions would be in the new year.   View Answer

Director, Business Manager Interview

Director, Business Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Extremely long process; over 8 separate interviews; too many people involved in the decision making process; took over 3 weeks to get an offer; hard to negotiate the offer; what you to start right away; HR is not organized so make copies of all your records

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straight forward; know about the Company prior to the interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiation

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online.

After three months, I was contacted by the HR for a phone screening round.

And after a week I was called in for a in-person interview.

I had two rounds of interviews on the same day, first was with the Manger and the second was with an Associate. The questions were very basic and the people were very nice.

The third round of interview was over the telephone with the VP located in HQ. Some of the technical questions asked were tough.

Interview Question – I was asked 4-6 journal entries in the third round. Starting from easy to difficult.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview, then placement day. Expected to do "coffee chats" in advance of on campus interviews. Networking is essential. Be prepared with "why BAML" but also know basic investment banking questions like how a change in depreciation flows through the 3 statements. IF you are interviewing for an industry group, know some deals that group has done.

Interview Question – How do you value a patent   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations possible

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with Bank of America for the internship in Sales and Trading. I got the interview through on-campus recruiting and it took a week for them to get back to me. It was 2:1 phone interview and they asked a lot of technical questions.

Interview Question – Explain a DCF evaluation.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Initial interview with two managing directors. Followed by another round with two more separate interviews (VP and President). Questions were straight forward and behavioral, not technical. Most technical was "do you understand what our group does?"

Interview Question – None in particular, possibly "why you?"   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – did teller assessment quiz upon application. called in for background check. hired and placed within a banking center closest to home within a month.

Interview Question – worst experience I've had in a customer service position and what did i do to turn it around   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Home Services Specialist II Interview

Home Services Specialist II
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2012.

Interview Details – One interview over the phone, in the next three days an interview at the office, interview went on for fifteen minutes.

Interview Question – No complicated or unexpected questions asked. Was told about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter offered 5K more then I expected. I agreed.

Clerk Interview

Clerk
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2012.

Interview Details – was long consisting of several stages

Interview Question – assessment center wirh numercial questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – one phone interview and one onsite interview. The whole process takes 2 weeks. The phone interview takes 25 minutes, basically just go through resume and some basic questions. During onsite, I have 6 interviewers one-on-one for onsite, each takes 30 minutes. The routine is first personal questions based on resume, then some tech questions.

Interview Questions

• This position basically requires Python and SQL. The interview questions are fairly simple, but includes all the topics.   Answer Question
  • Remove duplicated char within a String   View Answer
  • select only duplicated rows from specific table.   View Answer
  • difference between self join, left join, right join, outer join   View Answer

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!