Bank of America Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.8

Professional Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

The initial interview process was terrible. The HR rep emailed me to schedule a phone interview (phone screening). They missed the interview and I got an email later that evening to reschedule. They were late to the reschedule interview. The rep forwarded my info to the hiring branch manager. They spelled her name wrong and I felt so embarrassed for getting a relatively simple name incorrect. The interview was weird. They were workers and employers constantly leaving and coming. They were professional and they provided pertinent info to the job that one might not think to ask such as the dress code, no sitting policy, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

One interview at campus then three back to back rounds of interview at their main office. Though my professional experience was in java the team interviewing me was pyhton development team. One round was behavioral, one was related to databases, basic software development methodologies and one round was thoroughly on concepts of oops and he asked me to write little bit code. The same day other teams of BOFA was also taking interview and the other candidate had different experiences like they had two behavioral and one technical. So at the end of the day it depends for which position they are interviewing for.

Technology Analyst and Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was mixed of both behavioral and technical questions. was asked few aptitude questions too. and few questions related to sql query and algorithm and data structures.The first round was phone interview which was fully resume based and behavioral. The second round was one on one interview at new york.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Conversation about background during the career fair on campus
    2. On-campus interview with two staff one day after conversation during career fair
    3. Onsite interview in NYC after 2 weeks: 3 stages, 25 minutes each stage
    4. Get notification within 48 hrs after onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Technical Question usually based on your background (your strongest languages), multithread questions.

Usual non-tech questions (how do you see yourself in few years? what do you like in working at BoA? ..etc)

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

Asked to appear online using WebEx for a 30 minute interview with two managers of the department where I would be working.

Interview was conducted using my webcam and cellphone. Webcam for visual, cellphone for audio.

Interview was conducted entirely in a second language, not English, as I was applying to work abroad.

No mention of next steps or even time to ask questions. Nevertheless, invited for a second interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working abroad?
      Tell me about your resume.
      Tell me about this specific position on your resume.
      What does our department do?
      What would you be doing if you don't get to work here?
      Can you be a leader? Can you be a leader of 10 people, 20 people, 100 people, 1000 people?
      Do you go out after work with your co-workers?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Still have to attend second interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through the job portal. Got a phone interview. A bunch of behavioral questions. No technical stuff.The interviewer was extremely kind and focused on giving a detailed job description. She did not ask technical questions but rather asked me why I was interested in pursuing my career in bank of America.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical question regarding java and mainframe stuff.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on the campus recruiting career service. Interviewed on campus for 2 back-to-back interviews with directors of the credit risk in their global banking and markets. After a month, the firm contacted me again and invite me for a follow up interview with a director of the credit risk department. Received the offer the following day

Interview Questions

• If you have 100 million to lend to a company, what are the things you would consider?   Answer Question

Technology Developer and Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Total 4 rounds of interview, 1 telephonic and 3 face to face. Not much of technical questions few behavioral questions and more like an informal conversation.
    The one thing they look for in their candidate is confidence and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions like explain what you did in such a situation and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Business Technology Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred to Bank of America by an alum. Was contacted by an HR person for a brief phone call to determine my interest in the company and then invited to submit the online application in early January.

Around the last week of January, I was sent a link to sign up for a phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral+technical. A lot of programming questions on Java, Databases etc.. I could not answer a couple of questions and told the interviewer that I didn't know the answer and he appreciated that. Overall, a very nice conversation and got my questions answered.

Late February, I was invited to the interview day for the Technology Infrastructure group at NYC. BoA paid for our hotel and travel arrangements. There were around 100 people attending - all for technology internships. We had a social mixer night before the interviews where employers socialized with us. They answered a lot of questions and I got to know a lot more about the bank and the culture there. I really fell in love with the tech group after this event.

Had 3 interviews in the morning. Around 30 minute each. Barely any technical questions. Interviews were just like discussions and they really wanted to know how well you fit in the roles and whether you were the right material to work at a financial institution like BoA.

Received offer 3-4 hours after the interviews and thought that was great.

Interview Questions

• Skill set, role within Tech Group, why bank,
      Java questions, object-oriented programming, Databases, indexes,

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations for intern. Intern rate for undergrads around 27/hour and a 1k housing stipend.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied both online and through on-campus recruiting channels. Had a first round interview in person and was invited to New York for a superday. Many questions were behavioral and some technical questions. Be prepared for a stock pitch and market questions.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. Not too much technical questions.   Answer Question