Bank of America Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.8

141 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through my campus career center. 1 HR screening, 1 phone interview, invited to super day a week later. Super day was 6 20min interviews. They made cuts at lunch and brought back candidates for one final interview with the head of the desk

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly very fit based questions. For technicals they asked me about to discuss market trends and how that affected bonds   Answer Question

Director, Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Extremely long process; over 8 separate interviews; too many people involved in the decision making process; took over 3 weeks to get an offer; hard to negotiate the offer; what you to start right away; HR is not organized so make copies of all your records

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward; know about the Company prior to the interviews   Answer Question
    Hard to negotiation

Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in June 2014.

Was referred so interview consisted of meeting with the vice president and members of the analyst team. Everyone appeared very nice and the interview was low stress...more of a conversation of why that sector, etc. However, management either didnt coordinate or flat out lied as they said they would follow up and never did. After weeks of sending annoying emails they finally go back and said the MD had hired someone at the same time as my interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Only real question regarded the valuation methods in that sector and walking them through the steps of how to do it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Initial interview with two managing directors. Followed by another round with two more separate interviews (VP and President). Questions were straight forward and behavioral, not technical. Most technical was "do you understand what our group does?"

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

did teller assessment quiz upon application. called in for background check. hired and placed within a banking center closest to home within a month.

Interview Questions
    • worst experience I've had in a customer service position and what did i do to turn it around   Answer Question

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

initial phone interview, then go into office for second interview, afterwards is the background check. After about a week wait, the recruiter called and negotiated the salary. The company then mail me the hiring letter. I then need to go through the drug test, finger print process and finally they give me a start date.

Interview Questions
    • none, the interview was pretty standard and all the questions are expected   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

one phone interview and one onsite interview. The whole process takes 2 weeks. The phone interview takes 25 minutes, basically just go through resume and some basic questions. During onsite, I have 6 interviewers one-on-one for onsite, each takes 30 minutes. The routine is first personal questions based on resume, then some tech questions.

Interview Questions
    • This position basically requires Python and SQL. The interview questions are fairly simple, but includes all the topics.   Answer Question
    • Remove duplicated char within a String   View Answer
    • select only duplicated rows from specific table.   View Answer
    • difference between self join, left join, right join, outer join   View Answer

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took about 4 weeks. I was contacted by the program manager and scheduled an interview. The interview was very straight forward and basic interview questions were asked, strengths/weekness etc. I got the offer over the phone about 3 weeks after my interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

First round was telephonic interview. Final rounds consisted of 4 interviews and 2 written exams.
    Telephonic interview - Java questions, OOPs concepts, questions on resume. Received a confirmation after a week for final rounds.
    Final Rounds - The on-site interview were of two days:
    Day1 - There was a coding exam with 4 easy questions to be done in 45mins. Questions on linked list, sorting, string to integer conversion. Second exam had 3 python codes and there were debugging questions asked on it.
    Day2 - There were 4 interviews. 1 interview was a technical case study. We were required to pick best approaches of an algorithm. 3 other interviews were technical and behavioral. Technical questions included SQL joins, deadlocks, Java and OOPs concepts, white board coding on linked list, arraylist and sorting technique.
    The entire interview process was very well organized and the journey was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    I was satisfied with the pay. Also, interns cannot negotiate.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Had one interview, lots of technical questions. Two and a half weeks later received an email to set up a second interview. Had that interview and waiting to hear further info. Second interview was no technical questions. Both interviews were with analyst, in the same group. No information given about process and when or if I might hear back.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls could you fit in an olympic sized pool?   Answer Question