Bank of America

2.8

145 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

The process took two weeks. Got phone interview first and then had an on site interview with the branch manager. The whole process went pretty smooth. Nothing was extremely hard. Questions were: Why should we hire you as a financial advisor? What is your five year plan look like in Bank of America?

No negotiation.

Average Finance Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

The person from human rights contacted me and got me to come to an interview the same week. I meet with the analysts, the manager and then managing directors through a two week process. Then, I was called back with an offer. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just average knowledge of the industry.   Answer Question

GMT Technology Developer and Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2014.

1)Apply through online.
    2) Received an phone interview. Interview started off with technical questions.
    Such as static, interface vs abstract class, inheritance, final , threads, JVM/JDK and Database systems.
    3) Invited to attend final round interview in NY.
    31 candidates, and depending on the amount of hiring manager, which I had 12. Only 12 will get hired. The day before you will have a chance to network with the managers but you will not know who is your hiring manager until the end of the networking night. Next Day U I had an interview with three hiring managers and 2 panel case study assignment.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was a challenge, since they only give u 15 mins to read 7 pages worth of stuff. You must analyze it and explain it. Also there will be three types of choice you can choose from. You must explain them why you chose this method and they will try to change your mind by providing you with a scenario countering your method of choice.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through my campus career center. 1 HR screening, 1 phone interview, invited to super day a week later. Super day was 6 20min interviews. They made cuts at lunch and brought back candidates for one final interview with the head of the desk

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly very fit based questions. For technicals they asked me about to discuss market trends and how that affected bonds   Answer Question

Director, Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Extremely long process; over 8 separate interviews; too many people involved in the decision making process; took over 3 weeks to get an offer; hard to negotiate the offer; what you to start right away; HR is not organized so make copies of all your records

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward; know about the Company prior to the interviews   Answer Question
    Hard to negotiation

Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in June 2014.

Was referred so interview consisted of meeting with the vice president and members of the analyst team. Everyone appeared very nice and the interview was low stress...more of a conversation of why that sector, etc. However, management either didnt coordinate or flat out lied as they said they would follow up and never did. After weeks of sending annoying emails they finally go back and said the MD had hired someone at the same time as my interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Only real question regarded the valuation methods in that sector and walking them through the steps of how to do it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Initial interview with two managing directors. Followed by another round with two more separate interviews (VP and President). Questions were straight forward and behavioral, not technical. Most technical was "do you understand what our group does?"

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

did teller assessment quiz upon application. called in for background check. hired and placed within a banking center closest to home within a month.

Interview Questions
    • worst experience I've had in a customer service position and what did i do to turn it around   Answer Question

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

initial phone interview, then go into office for second interview, afterwards is the background check. After about a week wait, the recruiter called and negotiated the salary. The company then mail me the hiring letter. I then need to go through the drug test, finger print process and finally they give me a start date.

Interview Questions
    • none, the interview was pretty standard and all the questions are expected   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

one phone interview and one onsite interview. The whole process takes 2 weeks. The phone interview takes 25 minutes, basically just go through resume and some basic questions. During onsite, I have 6 interviewers one-on-one for onsite, each takes 30 minutes. The routine is first personal questions based on resume, then some tech questions.

Interview Questions
    • This position basically requires Python and SQL. The interview questions are fairly simple, but includes all the topics.   Answer Question
    • Remove duplicated char within a String   View Answer
    • select only duplicated rows from specific table.   View Answer
    • difference between self join, left join, right join, outer join   View Answer