Bank of America Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.8

Professional Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The initial interview process was terrible. The HR rep emailed me to schedule a phone interview (phone screening). They missed the interview and I got an email later that evening to reschedule. They were late to the reschedule interview. The rep forwarded my info to the hiring branch manager. They spelled her name wrong and I felt so embarrassed for getting a relatively simple name incorrect. The interview was weird. They were workers and employers constantly leaving and coming. They were professional and they provided pertinent info to the job that one might not think to ask such as the dress code, no sitting policy, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

1. Conversation about background during the career fair on campus
    2. On-campus interview with two staff one day after conversation during career fair
    3. Onsite interview in NYC after 2 weeks: 3 stages, 25 minutes each stage
    4. Get notification within 48 hrs after onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question usually based on your background (your strongest languages), multithread questions.

Usual non-tech questions (how do you see yourself in few years? what do you like in working at BoA? ..etc)

Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Asked to appear online using WebEx for a 30 minute interview with two managers of the department where I would be working.

Interview was conducted using my webcam and cellphone. Webcam for visual, cellphone for audio.

Interview was conducted entirely in a second language, not English, as I was applying to work abroad.

No mention of next steps or even time to ask questions. Nevertheless, invited for a second interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working abroad?
      Tell me about your resume.
      Tell me about this specific position on your resume.
      What does our department do?
      What would you be doing if you don't get to work here?
      Can you be a leader? Can you be a leader of 10 people, 20 people, 100 people, 1000 people?
      Do you go out after work with your co-workers?

Answer Question
    Still have to attend second interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

Applied through the job portal. Got a phone interview. A bunch of behavioral questions. No technical stuff.The interviewer was extremely kind and focused on giving a detailed job description. She did not ask technical questions but rather asked me why I was interested in pursuing my career in bank of America.

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical question regarding java and mainframe stuff.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

Applied on the campus recruiting career service. Interviewed on campus for 2 back-to-back interviews with directors of the credit risk in their global banking and markets. After a month, the firm contacted me again and invite me for a follow up interview with a director of the credit risk department. Received the offer the following day

Interview Questions
    • If you have 100 million to lend to a company, what are the things you would consider?   Answer Question

Technology Developer and Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

Total 4 rounds of interview, 1 telephonic and 3 face to face. Not much of technical questions few behavioral questions and more like an informal conversation.
    The one thing they look for in their candidate is confidence and communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • behavioral questions like explain what you did in such a situation and how do you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

I applied both online and through on-campus recruiting channels. Had a first round interview in person and was invited to New York for a superday. Many questions were behavioral and some technical questions. Be prepared for a stock pitch and market questions.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. Not too much technical questions.   Answer Question

Finance Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

2 half hour, back-to-back interviews that were 100% behavioral given by two friendly individuals that kept things relaxed throughout. Questions included: give me an example of when you've delegated, why this position, describe a difficult situation that you've been in, describe a difficult decision you've had to make, and they expected you to have questions ready to ask them. They were willing to do the interview virtually which was nice of them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used market research to make a decision.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

The process was quick because it was all internal. Discussed my numbers and sales attributes to the financial center and that was it. When working in New York City, it is a very small market and everyone knows everyone

Interview Questions
    Didnt negotiate, got everything I wanted.

S&T Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

Got selected for a first round interview on campus, 1 on 1, then got called the same day for a super day. Had a quick tour of the trading floor that morning followed by 3 rounds of interviews, 30min each. Interviews come from different groups, and a lot of market questions.