Bank of America Interview Questions in Newark, DE

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Credit Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

After applying online, I was contacted within a few weeks by a recruiter. The first interview was a 25 minute phone interview which consisted of going over the job description, my resume, and past experiences. If successful, you are scheduled for a second interview in-person.

The in-person interview took about two hours. You are interviewed by two different managers. First, they put us in a room as a group and explained the job in more detail and asked if we had any questions. We were then sent off individually to be interviewed one-on-one with a manager. This interview took about 15-20 minutes and consisted of going over my resume, what would you do experiences, and why they should choose you over other candidates. We were then put in another conference room to wait for the second interview with the main manager. If you get the job, a recruiter contacts you within a few days afterwards with the acceptance offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over the other candidates
      What are your weaknesses
        Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

The interview process at Bank of America was very simplistic. I initially applied online and received a phone call from a Recruiter within 72 hours. The conversation was very pleasant and was her just asking very basic questions to qualify me for the position, such as availability and things of that nature. After that, I was invited to take an assessment online. The assessment was very easy to follow and was just basic "common sense" simulation type of questions. After I successfully passed, I received an email inviting me to attend an in-person interview. At that point, I scheduled my interview and met with a Team Manager in the Fraud Department. After interviewing with her, I met with the Department Manager the same day. Before I left, they took me to Security to be fingerprinted and get my picture taken. I received a call within 24 hours offering me a position. The overall process was great.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were fairly standard. The most difficult question came when their Background Verification company called me to ask questions about my prior education and employment to validate my background check.   View Answer
    The only negotiable part of the offer for this position was the hours/schedule. They had several to select from, but since it was a call center position, the salary was a standard starting salary that everyone starts at. There were a variety of schedules to choose from; however, one (1) weekend day was required for each schedule.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2009.

Several Interviews with employees who do the jobs and managers.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly generic questions about the position.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation salary was offered and accepted.

Customer Service & Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2011.

Apply online and, if interested, a recruiter will call you. There is the initial information verification phone call and then a phone interview by the recruiter. Then, if you are a good fit for the position, you will have an in-person interview with one of the department managers. Then, the recruiter will make you an offer and tell you when training begins and what your salary and benefits will be.

Interview Questions
    • In what areas do you excel and in what areas do you have opportunities for improvement?   View Answer
    There was no room for salary negotiation, but there is some flexibility with what shift you work, even though you are offered a specific shift in the interview. For example, if you can only work an early day shift, let the recruiter know.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Contacted by recruiter for open position, went to Newark a few weeks later for an in person interview. First met by HR rep whom explained what to expect working at BOA as well as benefits associated with the position. Next I was taken to three separate interviews, each lasting about 30 minutes. First was a "Cultural Interview" which I was asked a few behavioral questions, then a "Technical Interview" in which the hiring manager explained about the position in detail. Lastly was a "Whiteboard Session" in which you are asked to draw a high level design of a project you have recently worked on. Overall the interview went great, but the lack of communication after the interview was severe. I was first told that they had moved on, then later brought back to Newark for a second interview. The second interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and was a complete waste of time. Weeks went by and I never heard a thing from BOA. The phrase "wishy washy" comes to mind when summing up this experience.

.NET Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2013.

A recruiter from Modis notified me of about 30 developer positions in both Java and .NET. Mine was for a .NET developer candidacy. Recruiter called to ask about my resume, and my experience and then pitched my resume to BOA team. BOA team approved and they called me in for an interview. I arrived at the interview along with 4 other candidates. They sat us down in a break area near the cubicle room and had an HR rep talk to the 4 of us about BOA andd its Claims & Fraud Channel Tech team while comparing the financial industry against its competitors like JP morgan, WF, etc and went over benefits. Then they split the 4 of us to engage in three 1:1 interviews. First interview was a personality check. First question was "tell me about yourself" followed by "Why bank of america" "Which side projects are you working on at home". "What are you using to work on that side project" "Whats the difference between ASP 4.0 & 4.5?" Overall easy. Second interview was technical. The technical interviewer was a weird and very awkward guy I should say. He asked me with a weird face what am I running on my computer? What do you know about Object-Oriented Programming? What languages do you know and Why? What's Polymorphism? What's the benefits of using polymorphism? Last interview was the white-board interview. I was asked to draw the architecture of a project from my last job. He asked me what the problems were in the project? What part of the project did I work on? How did you improve the project? etc. Overall I felt like I did a very well job and ACED all the questions. However, I come to find out the next day they passed on me just because I didn't have enough "technical background" even though I had the knowledge. I was very upset and worked hard for the interview but nonetheless it would help me prepare for future interviews at a company that could use talent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me EVERYTHING about what you are running on your computer.   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter and she conducted a prescreening, asked me a series of questions regarding technical experience, communting, salary range, etc. After gathering all the information she could, she participated in a pitch call, where recruiters give a 2 minute presentation for their recruits. If the bank was interested, they would request an interview. A few days later, I had an interview. The interview process seemed quite intense. It was a 2 hour long interview process. I met with an HR representative who gave me a brief overview of the bank and its organizational structure. After that I was wisked away, to another 30 minute interview, questions about my technical experience, and questions about high level object oriented programming were asked. Within this session, I was asked to conceptualize on the whiteboard the archetecture of the software that I've been developing at my current job. After that I was wisked away to another 30 minute interview, this was more of a behavioral interview. After that I was taken away for another 30 minute interview, where this one was more focused on my technical skills. The recruiter notified me the next day whether or not an offer was given.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2012.

Interview, interview, test, interview, classes make everything sound wonderful. games, candy and fun. Then the horror begins after the games are done. just turn around and go back out door.

Vice President Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview, all technical. Total of 8 people.

3 phone conversations with HR and they did not negotiate, as they called it maxed out salary range for the band.

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2012.

Applied online, received call from HR a couple of weeks after for a basic phone screening, set up for actual interview during the same call. A week later interviewed with local analyst manager along with V.P. of underwriting. Consisted of personal and resume based discussion, knowledge of position/field, customer service/communication oriented topics, and most importantly a case-study. They explained the case-study, gave me thirty minutes to complete, then asked me to explain conclusions to them.

Interview Questions
    Upon offer I was given only one day to consider, as per my request. I did not negotiate.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!