Bank of America

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I posted as an internal applicant, heard back from recruiter in a few hours, and set up phone interview with recruiter where we talked about what I wanted out of the role. She passed on my resume to hiring manager, and we set an interview day in two days. Heard back within two days, with a firm offer which I expected.

Interview Questions
no negotiation whatsoever, offer was higher than I expected it to be.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Received call same day as posting, great interview with manager, overall great experience even with the short notice, received offer 2 hours later. Can't compare to any other process

Interview Questions
    • Rating my most difficult experience with the company, hard to compare to posting as it was with another LOB.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

I was recruited by a Contracting Company. I was called in on an interview but had worked for the company in the past so I had a leg up on the other canidates.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is always "What are your weaknesses".   View Answer
    Just a simple phone call.

Operations Analyst Interview

Quick interview, but very informative. Had about 30 minutes with the interviewer to answer questions about my resume and the working requirements for the job. Very friendly interviewer who asked several tough questions, but ones everyone should be prepared for coming to an interview. Recommend reviewing individual strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

First I was interviewed by the hiring manager. She was professional but quite nice. It appeared she had made up her mind about hiring me within the first ten minutes.
    Then I had a joint session with two other interviewers who I soon learnt I would be working with. There questions were very specific and focused on technical skills like excel, outlook, Actuate etc.
    Finally I was interviewed by a second manager from another team who was also looking to hire. She was more direct and asked both technical and behavioral questions - Tell about a time when you had to ... types.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

BOA came to my school's career fair and after talking with them I was offered an interview on campus. It was a short 30 minute behavorial interview that consisted of questions primarily on customer service. I was then invited to the final rounds in Charlotte, NC where they fly you down and give you a hotel room for a night. The day you fly in, you meet up with everyone else and have a networking session with all the interviewers for the next day at the top of their corporate headquarters. The next morning, I was the morning group and had 3 30 minutue interviews then was done for the day and flew back that night. All in all, a great experience and the process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions dealt with customer satisfaction so be ready to answer or have experiences that have covered this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Two interviews: one on campus and one in Charlotte (although I believe they got rid of this).
    Very laid-back, behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict in a team environment.   Answer Question
    Only had this offer so I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2011.

One interview one campus. Then they fly you out to Charlotte for final interviews. Final interviews consist of 3 1 on 1 30 minute interviews with senior management.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you could not let important information slip through the cracks?   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

The hiring and interview process was adequate. The recruitor was knowledgeable of the hiring position and provided all information needed for the job. THe interview itself was a little nerve racking due to it being on the phone instead of in person. Overall i was given the position for job and started a month later.

Interview Questions
    • How many years have you been with the company   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

I interviewed first as a contractor and after one year was offered a full time permanent position. Be careful and listen closely to what you hear about the specific job tasks and the environment. The organization is very large, siloed and inflexible, so understand that the position you are in or offered will be difficult to escape from.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for Bank of America.   Answer Question