Bank of America

Updated May 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Operations Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2008.

Interview Details – Consisted of thorough discussion regarding experience with creating Powerpoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets that included pivot tables and use of scenario manager, Word documents that included mail merge, Creation of Infopath form templates. SharePoint site creation and routine maintenance along with Microsoft Project.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Operations Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was briefed on the hiring requirements and assessed on my IT skills. I was given a strength weakness question to elaborate on. More on fit questions and examples of my adaptability.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2011.

Interview Details – One interview one campus. Then they fly you out to Charlotte for final interviews. Final interviews consist of 3 1 on 1 30 minute interviews with senior management.

Interview Question – Name a time you could not let important information slip through the cracks?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Simi Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was adequate. The recruitor was knowledgeable of the hiring position and provided all information needed for the job. THe interview itself was a little nerve racking due to it being on the phone instead of in person. Overall i was given the position for job and started a month later.

Interview Question – How many years have you been with the company   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview Details – BOA came to my school's career fair and after talking with them I was offered an interview on campus. It was a short 30 minute behavorial interview that consisted of questions primarily on customer service. I was then invited to the final rounds in Charlotte, NC where they fly you down and give you a hotel room for a night. The day you fly in, you meet up with everyone else and have a networking session with all the interviewers for the next day at the top of their corporate headquarters. The next morning, I was the morning group and had 3 30 minutue interviews then was done for the day and flew back that night. All in all, a great experience and the process was fairly easy.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions dealt with customer satisfaction so be ready to answer or have experiences that have covered this.   Answer Question

HarbourFront (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – First Round: Phone interview
Second Round: Group Discussion (Lego Task)
Third Round: Individual presentation and competency based interview

Interview Question – Group Discussion - assessors present were quite intimidating and asked confusing questions   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a Contracting Company. I was called in on an interview but had worked for the company in the past so I had a leg up on the other canidates.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is always "What are your weaknesses".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just a simple phone call.

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Received call same day as posting, great interview with manager, overall great experience even with the short notice, received offer 2 hours later. Can't compare to any other process

Interview Question – Rating my most difficult experience with the company, hard to compare to posting as it was with another LOB.   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Operation Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2009.

Interview Details – It is a 2 interview process. The first interview will be with the head of the department. The second interview will be with the individual who will be training you. the questions are straight forward. It is an entry level position so now technical questions, just behavioral. They focus on what you have on your resume and ask you to explain.

Interview Question – Do you prefer to talk to people on the phone or e-mail?   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews: one on campus and one in Charlotte (although I believe they got rid of this).
Very laid-back, behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict in a team environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only had this offer so I didn't negotiate

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!