Bank of America

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Did a quick phone interview and was then asked to do an in person interview with the manager and assistant manager. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Both individuals were very friendly, I heard back within a week regarding my selection. I went in later to do some paperwork and they introduced me to the whole staff and was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – I was asked to make a sales pitch for an account.   Answer Question

Hillsdale, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was an career event, we had to apply online at first, but everyone who came in was interviewed. It was and easy interview. You have to talk that you are a people's person, goal oriented etc. However, after 2 weeks, I still haven't received reply.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Skokie, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details – First I filled out an online application which included an assessment, it was mostly common sense and speed that was being tested. If you passed you get a phone interview from a recruiter. They ask you a series of questions dealing with your jib experience and your goals. If the recruiter sees you as a potential candidate he offers you an in-person interview with the branch manager of the location you applied for. At that point they ask you more in-depth questions about yourself, your work experience, and they role play scenarios that are familiar to the role you are applying for. At the end they tell you a recruiter will be in touch with the decision. And then you wait.... Desperately.

Interview Question – Was there ever a time where you felt someone was doing something that was not allowed and that would cost the company money? How did you handle it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied part time teller position online and complete the online question surveys. After one day, I received a phone call to schedule a group interview(in the phone, she asked me one question: do you have any questions for me ?). I went to group interview, total has 11 people in the group. Interviewer introduced bank of america teller position's benefits. Then she asked few questions. (introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose bank of america and teller position? )Group Interview lasted 2 hour. We skipped role play, because no time. A week later, I received phone call to schedule a interview with branch manger . He asked few questions((1. do you have any questions for me ? 2. Will you feel bored to do exactly same thing everyday? 3. what will you do to make a customer happy? ) Yes, only three questions were asked, and whole interview only lasts 40 minutes. After interview I was confused. I am not sure if this is a good interview. But end of interview he told me will let me know the result tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Luckily I received phone call after 2 days. I received offer.

Interview Question – what will you do to make a customer happy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate.

Suwanee, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and then two days later I was called by a recruiter. Right after the phone interview I was offered a F2F the following day. Two weeks after that I was offered the position. I thnk that it took so long because the manager was hiring an entirely new staff. Be nice and smile a lot

Interview Question – standard customer service ques. Look up the G.U.E.S.T standards   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation... $12/hr with a B.S and cash handling experience

Part Time Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Great interview, met employees, still no hire

Interview Question – Where are you from.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple, I applied online and was called 3 days later for a quick phone interview and was invited to the group interview that same week. It was kind of unnerving to be sitting in the same room with 35 other interviewees but it wasn't my first time at such an interview. I think it was worse that there were 5 managers asking questions, but grace under pressure and all.

Interview Question – Questions were all pretty general. Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement at work? and Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Teller

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – initial interview was a group interview with about 15 other applicants. My initial thought was that my education and experience (business degree and MBA) made me stand-out towards the top of the candidates. A one-on-one interview with a branch manager followed immediately after the group interview that consisted of the manager "selling" BofA as an employer.

Interview Question – The most difficult portion of the interview was role-playing typical sales interactions with no experience as a bank teller.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $12.50 an hour which I was told was an increase from the usually $11.50 due to my education and experience. I was not able to negotiate anything higher than the $12.50 offered.

Teller Part Time Interview

Teller Part Time

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring was a short process got a call a day from the day i submitted the app got my background check and passed interview with a recruter then the branch i got an offer but had to decline due to schedule difficulties

Interview Question – None all were pretty normal   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Conflict with current schedule

Federal Way, WA

I interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a PT Teller position online and received an email the next day asking me to take the teller assessment, which was pretty simple and straightforward. I received a call from HR the next day asking to me to come in for an interview... in SEATTLE. I live at least 45 mins away on a good day. The position was only for 20 hrs and the pay they were offering was laughable, especially since they wanted me to use my own resources to drive all the way downtown for a group interview for a PT position. Ridiculous. Luckily I received a much better offer within a couple of days and cancelled the interview.

Interview Question – Assessment was simple, and the phone screening just schedules a time for you to have a face-to-face interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!