Bank of America Part Time Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied via internet, the recruiter called me three days later for a phone interview. She then set me up for a group interview with the CSM, and three other branch managers. The group interview consisted of myself and 9 other ladies. As the branch managers posed a question to the group anyone could raise their hand to respond.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Contacted to take an online assessment, contacted to have group interview, but couldn't make it due to death of a close friend, funeral, etc. so they did a phone interview in lieu of group interview. Went to meet managers for interview. Interestingly enough they weren't there. I spoke with a teller at the location I was told to go to who happened to know the hiring manager, they contacted them for me and gave me the correct bank location this time. Interviewed in person, standard stuff, I wore a shirt and tie, brought a few copies of my resume in plastic presentation folders, etc. Interviewed with 2 managers simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a customer and went above and beyond to help them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

1. recruiter calls first 2. Met with HR- got hired on the spot! Got my fingerprints done at different location, background , etc...got a call a few days later with offer.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

online application, online assessment, phone interview, and then interview with branch manager and assistant manager. It was a pleasant experience for me, I loved working for this company and the way they worked.

Interview Questions

• They ask you scenario questions like what would you did in this situation and how would you overcome objections, etc. I found the process easy.   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

You'll be interviewed by either a branch manager (either in your area or of the branch you applied for). The interview consists of basic questions about yourself, your work ethic, and work and educational backgrounds. The interview is also likely to include role-play scenarios of situations you'd likely face as a teller to see how you'd react. Then if they like you, you get an offer letter, and then you'll take care of all the HR process, which requires to get your fingerprints taken.

Interview Questions

• The scenarios can be anything from a non-customer cashing a check to how to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was sent an e-mail after passing an assessment test online, to attend a group interview. My group was composed of 8-10 people, and there were managers from different branches present. The interview was pretty basic; they asked for a run-down of your resume and why you would be qualified for the position. After the questions, general rundown, role play and questions, they asked a few people to stay (including me!) to ask some more questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2nd scheduled interview

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied on the 4th of December, got a call back on the 9th for an interview on the 11th. I received a call on Monday asking me if I wanted the job. The process to start is longer than the interview. You do an interview on the phone and if they find you're fit for the job they'll schedule an appointment for the banking center to interview you.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I got an email inviting me to a hiring event. The email included a link to a website that wouldn't open on my computer. I responded to the email and explained that, and HR signed me up for the event. I showed up 15 minutes early, and went in to the B.o.A. office 5 minutes early for my time slot (6:30pm). I, along with 6 other applicants were checked in, and then brought to a conference room where we were left to fill out a one page questionnaire. About 10 minutes in, 5 applicants were called into another room. More were brought in shortly after that. About an hour after I showed up, I and 4 others were brought to another conference room, where we were met by two managers. Every applicant was asked the same questions (I think there were 4 of them). There were a couple of questions about previous experiences with selling products to customers and dealing with customers in general, and a couple of role-play questions ("I'm cashing a check..."). They briefly explained about the position and the company, and asked us if we had any questions for them. We were told that we would hear back from them soon, and escorted out.

Interview Questions

• Role playing questions are always difficult, but even more so when you're the last one of 5 to get the same situation. In this case, I listened to 4 other people respond to the interviewer "coming in to cash a paycheck with no account at B.o.A., even though I come in every week to cash my paychecks". And I was asked before I started to try to make sure that I didn't just copy what everyone else had said.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2014.

Interview

My hiring process was very quick and simple. I applied for the job online the same day recruiter emailed me to call her. She was out of office for 2 days she returned my call once she came in office she asked what day I wanted to interview with the branch manager. She emailed me a self assessment to take I passed then next day was interview. Very laid back and to the point. Asked questions about my former work history which was years of retail. Did a role play and she told me a little about the bank. I went home same day got an email from recruiter to do a background employment screening from past 5 years and you have to be very honest and exact with dates and places you worked even if you worked for a day. Completed that in a few hours and the following day received a call from the staffing agent that my background was satisfactory (you either get satisfactory or unsatisfactory) she instructed me to contact my recruiter and let her know my results and move to the next step. I immediately called my recruiter she informed me that the branch wanted to extend an offer to me and I accepted. Did my fingerprinting at a corporate center received an email with my start date 2 weeks from accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Role playing. A customer comes in and wants to transfer $1,000 from checking to saving account and you have to offer products. Role play from beginning to end with customer walking in the door.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating offer offered was what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

First I recieved a phone call about the position, then I had an over the phone interview with a recruiter which was pretty easy just have to sound confident with your answers over the phone then I had a group interviewed which I was in a room with a bunch of other people who were all there for the same position but different locations so it made it a bit easier, then my last interview was with the bank manager I was going to be working under.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell my purse to them.   1 Answer