Bank of America

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I was sent an e-mail after passing an assessment test online, to attend a group interview.
My group was composed of 8-10 people, and there were managers from different branches present. The interview was pretty basic; they asked for a run-down of your resume and why you would be qualified for the position. After the questions, general rundown, role play and questions, they asked a few people to stay (including me!) to ask some more questions.

2nd scheduled interview

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied on the 4th of December, got a call back on the 9th for an interview on the 11th. I received a call on Monday asking me if I wanted the job. The process to start is longer than the interview. You do an interview on the phone and if they find you're fit for the job they'll schedule an appointment for the banking center to interview you.

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I got an email inviting me to a hiring event. The email included a link to a website that wouldn't open on my computer. I responded to the email and explained that, and HR signed me up for the event.

I showed up 15 minutes early, and went in to the B.o.A. office 5 minutes early for my time slot (6:30pm). I, along with 6 other applicants were checked in, and then brought to a conference room where we were left to fill out a one page questionnaire. About 10 minutes in, 5 applicants were called into another room. More were brought in shortly after that.

About an hour after I showed up, I and 4 others were brought to another conference room, where we were met by two managers. Every applicant was asked the same questions (I think there were 4 of them). There were a couple of questions about previous experiences with selling products to customers and dealing with customers in general, and a couple of role-play questions ("I'm cashing a check..."). They briefly explained about the position and the company, and asked us if we had any questions for them. We were told that we would hear back from them soon, and escorted out.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing questions are always difficult, but even more so when you're the last one of 5 to get the same situation. In this case, I listened to 4 other people respond to the interviewer "coming in to cash a paycheck with no account at B.o.A., even though I come in every week to cash my paychecks". And I was asked before I started to try to make sure that I didn't just copy what everyone else had said.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2014.

My hiring process was very quick and simple. I applied for the job online the same day recruiter emailed me to call her. She was out of office for 2 days she returned my call once she came in office she asked what day I wanted to interview with the branch manager. She emailed me a self assessment to take I passed then next day was interview. Very laid back and to the point. Asked questions about my former work history which was years of retail. Did a role play and she told me a little about the bank. I went home same day got an email from recruiter to do a background employment screening from past 5 years and you have to be very honest and exact with dates and places you worked even if you worked for a day. Completed that in a few hours and the following day received a call from the staffing agent that my background was satisfactory (you either get satisfactory or unsatisfactory) she instructed me to contact my recruiter and let her know my results and move to the next step. I immediately called my recruiter she informed me that the branch wanted to extend an offer to me and I accepted. Did my fingerprinting at a corporate center received an email with my start date 2 weeks from accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing. A customer comes in and wants to transfer $1,000 from checking to saving account and you have to offer products. Role play from beginning to end with customer walking in the door.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiating offer offered was what I asked for.

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Did a quick phone interview and was then asked to do an in person interview with the manager and assistant manager. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Both individuals were very friendly, I heard back within a week regarding my selection. I went in later to do some paperwork and they introduced me to the whole staff and was a very positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsdale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsdale, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

It was an career event, we had to apply online at first, but everyone who came in was interviewed. It was and easy interview. You have to talk that you are a people's person, goal oriented etc. However, after 2 weeks, I still haven't received reply.

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

I applied part time teller position online and complete the online question surveys. After one day, I received a phone call to schedule a group interview(in the phone, she asked me one question: do you have any questions for me ?). I went to group interview, total has 11 people in the group. Interviewer introduced bank of america teller position's benefits. Then she asked few questions. (introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose bank of america and teller position? )Group Interview lasted 2 hour. We skipped role play, because no time. A week later, I received phone call to schedule a interview with branch manger . He asked few questions((1. do you have any questions for me ? 2. Will you feel bored to do exactly same thing everyday? 3. what will you do to make a customer happy? ) Yes, only three questions were asked, and whole interview only lasts 40 minutes. After interview I was confused. I am not sure if this is a good interview. But end of interview he told me will let me know the result tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Luckily I received phone call after 2 days. I received offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate.

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Great interview, met employees, still no hire

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

It was pretty simple, I applied online and was called 3 days later for a quick phone interview and was invited to the group interview that same week. It was kind of unnerving to be sitting in the same room with 35 other interviewees but it wasn't my first time at such an interview. I think it was worse that there were 5 managers asking questions, but grace under pressure and all.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all pretty general. Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement at work? and Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

initial interview was a group interview with about 15 other applicants. My initial thought was that my education and experience (business degree and MBA) made me stand-out towards the top of the candidates. A one-on-one interview with a branch manager followed immediately after the group interview that consisted of the manager "selling" BofA as an employer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult portion of the interview was role-playing typical sales interactions with no experience as a bank teller.   View Answer
    I was offered $12.50 an hour which I was told was an increase from the usually $11.50 due to my education and experience. I was not able to negotiate anything higher than the $12.50 offered.