Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. You first need to create a candidate profile online and pass a pre-employment assessment specific to the position. Then a recruiter will call you for a phone screening prior to an interview with a banking center manager. After that, you'll have a final interview with a consumer market manager(CMM).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled an irate customer and resolved an issue or a concern.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was a regular process. Applied online. You need to complete all your information a set of questions and take a long assessment. The assessment takes more than an hour and are more behavior questions than anything.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me about your experience with cash handling.”   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

I applied online, and received a call the next day to set up an in person interview with the branch manager and the market area manager. They were very nice, respectful of time, and easy to talk to. Questions centered totally around sales experience- what have you done, why did you do it, how were you successful, etc. I have worked in similar jobs before so I was able to provide specific sales numbers which was helpful. We also role played a scenario where a customer comes into the branch and how I would add value. I received a call from the recruiter twenty minutes after the interview to set a phone interview with another woman (I did not catch her title). This was very similar to the previous one- we walked through my resume, did a role play scenario, and she asked why I wanted to work for BOA.

Interview Questions

• Role play- current customer's financial picture. What do you present and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a salary offer, and I said that I had other offers on the table of $X. They met me in the middle and I am satisfied with the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Toms River, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

this site was very helpful to me while my very longgg interview process was taking place... about 6 weeks ago I applied for a banker position. I had a quick phone interview followed by a more depth phone interview a few days later. after that see a recruiter set me up for an interview with the branch manager about a week later. following that interview I waited about 2 more weeks and met with the market manager. That interview lasted about 45 minutes and he made it seem like I had the position. after a week of not hearing anything I contacted the recruiter you asked if I was still being considered for the position. She responded and said that they thought I would be a better fit in the relationship banker role. I asked for feedback and never got a response. A month later the recruiter emailed me asking to go to an open house they were having. I assumed it was for relationship banker roles. When I got there the branch manager and market manager that I already interviewed with were there and wanted to have an additional interview. I was there about 45 minutes and they said they would talk about it and I would hear back from the recruiter. the recruiter contacted me the following day and said the interview went well and that she wanted me to have another interview over the phone with the sales Regional Manager. That interview took place the following day. I finally received an offer the day after that. it was the longest interview process I've ever been through but well worth it at the end.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a unique customer that you were able to help?tell me what your process would be during an account opening?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Interview

Since this helped me so much as I was going through the process I figured it would help if I wrote what I experienced! I applied online and about two weeks later received a phone call from a Texas number. I missed the call and then never checked the voicemail, an hour after that call I saw I had been sent an email from a Bank of America recruiter asking me to call her back at that Texas number. Called back and had a 20 minute phone interview with her. Standard questions such as tell me about yourself, how have you met sales goals in the past, why are sales attractive to you. At the end of the phone call she said she would like to have me interview with the marketing manager the next day and she would email me with a time. An hour later I received an email with an interview time for the next afternoon. That interview was 1 on 1 and was more of a conversation, the market manager was extremely pleasant and easy to talk to. It was more of a conversation and her explaining the job duties and responsibilities and asking if I would be comfortable performing them. She asked me to describe a time when I went above and beyond my duties and also to describe a situation where I helped an irate customer. The interview was about 25 minutes long and at the end she said she was going to call the recruiter and basically told me I was hired which was amazing to hear. Recruiter emailed me an hour after the interview asking me to call her and when I did she extended me an official offer. The rate of pay she offered was lower than what she first told me so I asked for the initial rate she had said. She told me she would get back to me the next day with an answer, she had to speak to the market manager I interviewed with. The next afternoon I received the call the salary I asked for was approved and I accepted the offer officially.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an irate customer comes into the bank and how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was originally told an hourly rate through the recruiter and when I was extended a job offer the next day they offered 2 dollars less. I asked for the original salary they had said and the recruiter said she would talk to the person who interviewed me to get an approval and get back to me. The next day they called and offered me the original rate.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Only way to apply is online, it took weeks to hear back. Took an online assessment, scheduled an interview a week out, only interviewed with the Banking Center Manager, and it took weeks again to hear back with job offer.
    Painfully long with no way to track. Then there was the on-boarding. Terrible, thrown to the wolves to learn OJT.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...
      What would you do in this situation...
      How to handle a difficult situation

Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Long process when you consider after 2-4 weeks of interviewing you need another 1-2 weeks to complete background & credit checks. After working here a little over a year I have to say retail BOA is hit or miss, some great CMM's fewer great BCM's and SHADY PB's... tread with caution. great benefits but terrible culture and life/work balance.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online. The very next day someone from BOA reached out to me and scheduled a phone interview for 2 days later. I am now scheduled for an in person interview in a week. They advised me to dress to impress (Suggested a suit, specifically). He recommended that I come with several copies of my resume and referral letters will be a big plus. I have since been compiling referral letters from old clients from my last job.

Interview Questions

• (phone interview) I was asked about my background and several situational questions. They were also interested in my long term career goals.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Applied for position. Next day recvd a phone call from the recruiter. I passed the assesment and had an interview with the bank manager. Still waiting to hear something back.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Interview

I went to a roundtable which is group interview. They first made us introduce ourselves and asked us why bank of america? After that we went on individual interviews asked us questions about sales and customer service after that they said thank you and they had a couple of questions about our job history and for some of us to stay (hint if you dont stay that means you didint get the job if you stay you only pass to second round) then we interview with another managers after that they said they will email me