Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Stamford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and got a call for the ph interview confirmation. the HR manager called and it was for about 20 mins. were general basic questions. offered the personal interview immediately and received an email of confirmation in nest 10 mins. it was pretty fast. this all happened in 1 week. going for a personal interview tomorrow. i ll see what ll happen?

Interview Questions

• what was your most recent experience with an irritated customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday around 2 pm. Got a call Monday Monday for a phone interview the following morning. It was just asking basic questions. About work history sales you've done if your willing to work full time if your not done with school yet if your will to put work first and go part time. In my case no brainier I'm almost done anyways. She then said she would be setting up an interview with the hiring manager at the location I applied at. She ended up emailing me a week later for a job fair. I found a bit unprofessional but it worked out extremely well. I went and attended had the interview with a different branch manager. It went extremely well and said I will hear from him in 7-10 days. I will keep updated on the next process if I get selected. But I believe next is the fingerprinting and I-9 form.

Interview Questions

• What was one sales goal you achieved at your previous employers?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Extensive interview process. First spoke with the Recruiter, the bank manager, the market manager, and finally the area executive. Mostly phone interviews. Lots of questions but mostly build rapport with the interviewers to ensure success.

Application

Interview

Took the online assessment and got a job a week later to come in for a group interview. During the group interview they ask all of you questions then see you one by one to interview individually. I asked them at the end of the interview if I got the job and they said yes.

Interview Questions

• Think of a place that you continue to give your business to, why do they keep your business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I saw the job openings on LinkedIn and applied in the beginning of July. In less than a week, a HR professional contacted me and asked me to RSVP for an open house event held in San Francisco. In the open house event you would have the chance to meet top managers (they all have a district, but not DMs), and I had 3 interviews back to back, which took me 1.5-2 hrs. They tried to finish interviewing and get the result within a day, which I found very efficient because I personally hate lengthy interview process. I was told to expect the interview outcomes and possible steps in the next 5-7 business days, but luckily I ended up receiving an email that congregated me on the possible outcome of my interviews, and asked me to take further steps, like background check and assessment. The assessment is a virtual job tour, which I found meaningful and fun to do even though it's time-consuming, took me 1.5-2 hrs. The good thing is it's not timed but you DO need to finish it as soon as possible. In the tour you will have different scenarios with clients and are asked for the best solution. At the end of the assessment there are questions about your personality, just to get to know you better, be honest answering those. After you are done with your background check and assessment, you will need to schedule your fingerprint appointment, complete your I-9 form, log in to on-boarding portal, etc. HR will send you a complete list for action items, make sure you read every single line carefully and check for spam if you don't get the emails. The whole process takes about a month, my start day will be at the end of July or beginning of Aug!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and non stressful an absolute joy speaking with HR and district managers. It was not as difficult as Wells Fargo interview process. Definitely looking forward to being part of Bank of America team.

Interview Questions

• What I previously did? and worked for? Why I would like to work for Bank of America? Sales experience? Customer service experience? What I look for? What motivates me as an employee?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a hiring manager 3 days later. I got set up for a phone interview where they just asked about my previous job history / experience as well as some scenario questions. I then had a interview with the consumer market manager where I was asked pretty much the same exact questions ended by "why should we hire you?" 2 days later I got the job offered to me where I had a salary offer

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Previous work experience. How would you handle this situation. Few roll plays   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation they paid me what I wanted. 19.24 an hour which come out to a little over 40k base pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

On June 1st I applied online to BOA, which included an online application and also involved doing a lengthy assessment, it took about an hour and a half. A couple of days later someone from the staffing department contacted me and asked me a few questions about the position I had applied for. When he confirmed that I was still interested in the job he set up a phone interview with a BOA corporate recruiter for the following morning (June 4th). That interview lasted about 20 minutes, he asked a series of questions about previous work experience, what I have done in the past in certain situations relating to customers, issues and problems. After the questions he told me he would be getting back to me if my results were satisfactory. About ten minutes later he called and said they wanted me to meet with a district manager at a corp office for an in person interview the following morning (June 5th). I met with the district manager who was very nice and had a great interview with him. He told me he would be getting back to the recruiter and letting me know my next steps. This was very exciting and sounded like great news to me. On monday the 8th I got an email from the recruiter requesting me to fill out a background check form. I completed it right away. After a few days I didn't hear anything so on June 11th I contacted the recruiter to follow up. He told me he would get back with me either later that day or the next. He ended up calling me that same afternoon with an offer. I negotiated a little, as I had read other reviews here on Glassdoor where people had successfully negotiated, and so I asked for about 50 cents more per hour. He told me he would submit my request and get back to me. The next day he called back and said that my negotiation was accepted and presented me with the new offer. I accepted. The interview process took 2 weeks before getting a negotiated, accepted offer. After that I had to consent to another background check and go to a local establishment for fingerprinting, as well as go into the bank to meet with the branch manager and give them my ID and fill out an 1-9. Those were all steps of the hiring process and not the interview process. I start next week. So the whole process from the moment I first applied online to walking in the door on my first day was 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer that was extremely upset so that their problem was not only addressed but they were a happy customer again? Give me an example of a time you had to change your priorities in your work day when you had your whole day planned, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

You have to go through three interviews: group interview, manager interview and if you make it than an interview with the market manager. It was lengthy and time consuming. Before you even get called for an interview you have to do online testing for your personality, skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest point? Weakest? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you change about yourself?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Online application, the application takes you directly to an online assessment which was at least an hour plus to complete. Next there were 2 more telephone interviews of 30 to 45 minutes each, then an in-person interview (1 hour) with a District Sales Manager and Branch Manager for which I had to drive 140 miles to attend (since the position is not where I currently live), then another half hour interview with a Regional Sales Manager. Having said this, the interviews were very positive, but all of this when I was applying for a position less senior than my last job, and I have a 4 year degree and 24 years banking experience! The negative part of the experience was the background check...completing authorization forms 3 times each with slightly varying information required...a bit frustrating.

Interview Questions

• How would I approach a situation where the clients I call do not want to speak with me?   Answer Question
    • Why did I apply to Bank of America?   Answer Question