Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Stamford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and got a call for the ph interview confirmation. the HR manager called and it was for about 20 mins. were general basic questions. offered the personal interview immediately and received an email of confirmation in nest 10 mins. it was pretty fast. this all happened in 1 week. going for a personal interview tomorrow. i ll see what ll happen?

Interview Questions

• what was your most recent experience with an irritated customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a hiring manager 3 days later. I got set up for a phone interview where they just asked about my previous job history / experience as well as some scenario questions. I then had a interview with the consumer market manager where I was asked pretty much the same exact questions ended by "why should we hire you?" 2 days later I got the job offered to me where I had a salary offer

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Previous work experience. How would you handle this situation. Few roll plays   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation they paid me what I wanted. 19.24 an hour which come out to a little over 40k base pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA).

Interview

You have to go through three interviews: group interview, manager interview and if you make it than an interview with the market manager. It was lengthy and time consuming. Before you even get called for an interview you have to do online testing for your personality, skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest point? Weakest? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you change about yourself?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Online application, the application takes you directly to an online assessment which was at least an hour plus to complete. Next there were 2 more telephone interviews of 30 to 45 minutes each, then an in-person interview (1 hour) with a District Sales Manager and Branch Manager for which I had to drive 140 miles to attend (since the position is not where I currently live), then another half hour interview with a Regional Sales Manager. Having said this, the interviews were very positive, but all of this when I was applying for a position less senior than my last job, and I have a 4 year degree and 24 years banking experience! The negative part of the experience was the background check...completing authorization forms 3 times each with slightly varying information required...a bit frustrating.

Interview Questions

• How would I approach a situation where the clients I call do not want to speak with me?   Answer Question
    • Why did I apply to Bank of America?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

On June 1st I applied online to BOA, which included an online application and also involved doing a lengthy assessment, it took about an hour and a half.

A couple of days later someone from the staffing department contacted me and asked me a few questions about the position I had applied for. When he confirmed that I was still interested in the job he set up a phone interview with a BOA corporate recruiter for the following morning (June 4th).

That interview lasted about 20 minutes, he asked a series of questions about previous work experience, what I have done in the past in certain situations relating to customers, issues and problems. After the questions he told me he would be getting back to me if my results were satisfactory. About ten minutes later he called and said they wanted me to meet with a district manager at a corp office for an in person interview the following morning (June 5th).

I met with the district manager who was very nice and had a great interview with him. He told me he would be getting back to the recruiter and letting me know my next steps. This was very exciting and sounded like great news to me.

On monday the 8th I got an email from the recruiter requesting me to fill out a background check form. I completed it right away. After a few days I didn't hear anything so on June 11th I contacted the recruiter to follow up. He told me he would get back with me either later that day or the next.

He ended up calling me that same afternoon with an offer. I negotiated a little, as I had read other reviews here on Glassdoor where people had successfully negotiated, and so I asked for about 50 cents more per hour. He told me he would submit my request and get back to me. The next day he called back and said that my negotiation was accepted and presented me with the new offer. I accepted. The interview process took 2 weeks before getting a negotiated, accepted offer.

After that I had to consent to another background check and go to a local establishment for fingerprinting, as well as go into the bank to meet with the branch manager and give them my ID and fill out an 1-9. Those were all steps of the hiring process and not the interview process. I start next week. So the whole process from the moment I first applied online to walking in the door on my first day was 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer that was extremely upset so that their problem was not only addressed but they were a happy customer again? Give me an example of a time you had to change your priorities in your work day when you had your whole day planned, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. The interviewers were educated, and friendly people who were very helpful at the time of interview. If you ask them questions they give you hints, very helpful tips. They were serious but friendly people at the same time. They did not make the interview hard on you. How ever they asked many scenario situation questions as well as some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you mange your stress if you have not made your target for the day, and still have list of a lot of customers to call....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, took an online application that involved memorizing longwinded stories then having to type in what I remembered from the story in about a minute and a half. The second part involved scenarios that combined numerical data with banking products and Id have to analyze a customers situation and place then in the right account according with the information given to me and the customers wishes. Lastly, there was the standard multiple choice section about you character and work style. Apparently, I did well, and received a phone call a week later to set up a phone interview for the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      How would you ensure you meet your goals during a time of little walk in traffic at the bank.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      what unique attributes you bring with you as a sales person that will make you successful? And What has worked for you so far?

Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. You first need to create a candidate profile online and pass a pre-employment assessment specific to the position. Then a recruiter will call you for a phone screening prior to an interview with a banking center manager. After that, you'll have a final interview with a consumer market manager(CMM).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled an irate customer and resolved an issue or a concern.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was a regular process. Applied online. You need to complete all your information a set of questions and take a long assessment. The assessment takes more than an hour and are more behavior questions than anything.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me about your experience with cash handling.”   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Interview

Since this helped me so much as I was going through the process I figured it would help if I wrote what I experienced! I applied online and about two weeks later received a phone call from a Texas number. I missed the call and then never checked the voicemail, an hour after that call I saw I had been sent an email from a Bank of America recruiter asking me to call her back at that Texas number. Called back and had a 20 minute phone interview with her. Standard questions such as tell me about yourself, how have you met sales goals in the past, why are sales attractive to you. At the end of the phone call she said she would like to have me interview with the marketing manager the next day and she would email me with a time. An hour later I received an email with an interview time for the next afternoon. That interview was 1 on 1 and was more of a conversation, the market manager was extremely pleasant and easy to talk to. It was more of a conversation and her explaining the job duties and responsibilities and asking if I would be comfortable performing them. She asked me to describe a time when I went above and beyond my duties and also to describe a situation where I helped an irate customer. The interview was about 25 minutes long and at the end she said she was going to call the recruiter and basically told me I was hired which was amazing to hear. Recruiter emailed me an hour after the interview asking me to call her and when I did she extended me an official offer. The rate of pay she offered was lower than what she first told me so I asked for the initial rate she had said. She told me she would get back to me the next day with an answer, she had to speak to the market manager I interviewed with. The next afternoon I received the call the salary I asked for was approved and I accepted the offer officially.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an irate customer comes into the bank and how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was originally told an hourly rate through the recruiter and when I was extended a job offer the next day they offered 2 dollars less. I asked for the original salary they had said and the recruiter said she would talk to the person who interviewed me to get an approval and get back to me. The next day they called and offered me the original rate.