Bank of America

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

166 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Thy ar fairly quick about reaching out to set up interviews. First they will do a phone interview with the recruiter to determine of you meet the basic qualifications. If you do, then they'll send you to a group panel interview with area managers as well as branch manager (usually 4-5 total). This panel interview is where you need to make yourself stand out. Share your successes, how you've exceeded expectations and your general business acumen. They are looking for strong sales people, banking experience helps, but as long as you can sell, they will teach you the banking part. Also I've prepared to ask them questions because that always helps. After the panel interview you may go to individual branch managers for one on one interview before an offer is made. The recruiter will call you and let you know.

Interview Questions
  • How do you plan to be successful in the event you aren't given goals?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Took the assessment test after applying online. That assessment test is pretty detailed and somewhat intense. It will take the 60 to 90 mins they declare it will take. Recommend to take it with no interruptions.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bank of America.

I met the manager at a local coffee shop. He was very nice, very professional. I enjoyed his relaxed personality and truly seemed to take the time to get to know what kind of person I am.

Personal Banker Interview

I was a returning associate from California . Had left the bank for a few years and then was rehired , only in New York this time around . I went through 3 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews where I flew in two separate times .

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bank of America.

They will ask theoretical questions and get to know your sales and customer service experience. This is a very customer focused company. They will most likely have you interview with both the manager of the branch and their market manager. There will then be a background check and online training and some in person meetings/training.

Interview Questions
    • Theoretical questions will be slightly difficult if you are not prepared. EX: "Talk about a time when a customer had an issue that you resolved.", or "Tell us about a time when you had to meet a large sales goal as a team. What role did you take and how did you excel?"   Answer Question
    They have always offered me more than I was going to ask for.

Personal Banker Interview

Filled out an app online. Was contacted by a recruiter and was asked a series of questions. Took a test and was contacted by the same recruiter to go through more detailed questions. After that, Interviewed with the Vice President of the bank.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The interview process with Bank of America began with passing an online bank assessment, Recruiter phone interview, two onsite one on one, and finally a phone interview with a Sales Performance Manager. All Managers were tentative and friendly. All facilities need some updated interior improvements, to allow for customers to feel more welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions amongst each branch were the same. " What motivates you", " Tell me about a memorable experience when you..........., what was the call to action......what was the final outcome..... Role play as well.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

It was a standard interview format: Phone screening, then Interviewed with district manager in person, then manager in person, then was scheduled for a final phone interview with sales and performance manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a strategy you applied to increase sales revenue.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I filled out an online application on 07/12/14. After the application was completed I received an email containing a link to take the pre-employment virtual bankers test. This is a 1 hour or so long test that includes person to person scenarios and basic banking account cross selling features. Once I completed the assessment I made the assumption I had passed because I received a call from a recruiter the next day. She asked me why I chose Bofa. She then scheduled a group interview for two weeks out. The group interview consisted of an open forum with 12 other prospective employees. The group interview consisted of one question to everyone telling a little bit about our background. After that it was an open forum in which questions were thrown out to everyone and it was our job to be pro active and answer them ourselves. After the three hour interview I went home and received a call from the recruiter stating I had an over the phone interview with the regional sales president for that market. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was the most intense and long phone interview I have ever done. All in all it went excellent as I received a call back 10 minutes after the interview offering me the position. I then had to submit my information for my fingerprints and background check. I was offered the job on 08/4/14 and got the all clear to work on 08/14/14. They even offered me a $1 more than what I requested. All in all the interview process was lengthy and they requested a lot of information but all the recruiters and interviewers were amazing. Very organized and professional. I was informed every step of the way. I cant wait to start working! If you have any questions about the process I am here to help!

Interview Questions
    • During my last phone interview I was given a scenario in which I had to state how I would sell a customer one our products and services if they stated they already banked somewhere else, they felt like their bank treated them more than just a number and clearly stated they did not want to hear about our products and services.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Once you apply online, there was a 3 month turnaround time before hearing from a recruiter who did a review over the phone. Afterwards they told me I wasn't qualified for the position and offered to put me on a wait list for a lower position. Called me back a few weeks later saying I was better qualified than other applicants and an offer was finally made. Altogether, it was about a 4 month process from start to hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle multiple urgent tasks while providing customer service.   Answer Question
    A bit of salary.