Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Stamford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and got a call for the ph interview confirmation. the HR manager called and it was for about 20 mins. were general basic questions. offered the personal interview immediately and received an email of confirmation in nest 10 mins. it was pretty fast. this all happened in 1 week. going for a personal interview tomorrow. i ll see what ll happen?

Interview Questions

• what was your most recent experience with an irritated customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Online application then interactive online assessment which you need to pass to be considered. I got a call from HR to schedule a phone interview with a regional recruiter, which was for the next day. This was more of a conversation between the two of us. He gave me tons of information about the position, benefits, the hiring process, and he did ask a few behavioral type questions. I was scheduled for an in-person, panel interview with one other candidate with the market sales manager and one other manager and offered the position at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• They are mostly behavior based with a few questions regarding your background, experience, etc. Pretty standard.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was simple. The position opened at my old branch and my manager wanted me for the job role. I already knew I would get it but I still had to do a phone interview with Our consumer market manager. I didn't even have to fill an app online for it!

Interview Questions

• How will you use your previous experience to be more successful in this role?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday around 2 pm. Got a call Monday Monday for a phone interview the following morning. It was just asking basic questions. About work history sales you've done if your willing to work full time if your not done with school yet if your will to put work first and go part time. In my case no brainier I'm almost done anyways. She then said she would be setting up an interview with the hiring manager at the location I applied at. She ended up emailing me a week later for a job fair. I found a bit unprofessional but it worked out extremely well. I went and attended had the interview with a different branch manager. It went extremely well and said I will hear from him in 7-10 days. I will keep updated on the next process if I get selected. But I believe next is the fingerprinting and I-9 form.

Interview Questions

• What was one sales goal you achieved at your previous employers?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Extensive interview process. First spoke with the Recruiter, the bank manager, the market manager, and finally the area executive. Mostly phone interviews. Lots of questions but mostly build rapport with the interviewers to ensure success.

Application

Interview

Took the online assessment and got a job a week later to come in for a group interview. During the group interview they ask all of you questions then see you one by one to interview individually. I asked them at the end of the interview if I got the job and they said yes.

Interview Questions

• Think of a place that you continue to give your business to, why do they keep your business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I saw the job openings on LinkedIn and applied in the beginning of July. In less than a week, a HR professional contacted me and asked me to RSVP for an open house event held in San Francisco. In the open house event you would have the chance to meet top managers (they all have a district, but not DMs), and I had 3 interviews back to back, which took me 1.5-2 hrs. They tried to finish interviewing and get the result within a day, which I found very efficient because I personally hate lengthy interview process. I was told to expect the interview outcomes and possible steps in the next 5-7 business days, but luckily I ended up receiving an email that congregated me on the possible outcome of my interviews, and asked me to take further steps, like background check and assessment. The assessment is a virtual job tour, which I found meaningful and fun to do even though it's time-consuming, took me 1.5-2 hrs. The good thing is it's not timed but you DO need to finish it as soon as possible. In the tour you will have different scenarios with clients and are asked for the best solution. At the end of the assessment there are questions about your personality, just to get to know you better, be honest answering those. After you are done with your background check and assessment, you will need to schedule your fingerprint appointment, complete your I-9 form, log in to on-boarding portal, etc. HR will send you a complete list for action items, make sure you read every single line carefully and check for spam if you don't get the emails. The whole process takes about a month, my start day will be at the end of July or beginning of Aug!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and non stressful an absolute joy speaking with HR and district managers. It was not as difficult as Wells Fargo interview process. Definitely looking forward to being part of Bank of America team.

Interview Questions

• What I previously did? and worked for? Why I would like to work for Bank of America? Sales experience? Customer service experience? What I look for? What motivates me as an employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

You apply online, if you have the minimum requirements you will get an email with an assessment, if you pass you get a call from the recruiter. If the recruiter finds you a good fit you get to go to a group in person interview. If you pass the interview the recruiter calls you in 2 days, giving you an offer and you can think about it or answer on the spot. There will be 5-8 people interviewing you! Don't get nervous. There was 5 of us being interviewed and 8 people interviewing us. They all have a question, observing you, taking notes and questioning your resume. Like a person got questioned why they wanted to leave their employer after only working for that employer 6 months. They asked me what where my sales goals at my former job. When is time to role play be the first one! Trust me. Study their products and you will nail the role play. The lady person got the hardest scenario. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

i applied online at bank of america website, did an hour long assessment test. waited for about a week or so. recruiter finally called and had a phone interview with the recruiter and was scheduled an appointment with the district manager. district manager immediately told me i was not hired.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. how did you make your cold calls. Give me an example how did you handle a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question