Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Only way to apply is online, it took weeks to hear back. Took an online assessment, scheduled an interview a week out, only interviewed with the Banking Center Manager, and it took weeks again to hear back with job offer.
Painfully long with no way to track. Then there was the on-boarding. Terrible, thrown to the wolves to learn OJT.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when...
    What would you do in this situation...
    How to handle a difficult situation

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

Applied for position. Next day recvd a phone call from the recruiter. I passed the assesment and had an interview with the bank manager. Still waiting to hear something back.

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Long process when you consider after 2-4 weeks of interviewing you need another 1-2 weeks to complete background & credit checks. After working here a little over a year I have to say retail BOA is hit or miss, some great CMM's fewer great BCM's and SHADY PB's... tread with caution. great benefits but terrible culture and life/work balance.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied online. The very next day someone from BOA reached out to me and scheduled a phone interview for 2 days later. I am now scheduled for an in person interview in a week. They advised me to dress to impress (Suggested a suit, specifically). He recommended that I come with several copies of my resume and referral letters will be a big plus. I have since been compiling referral letters from old clients from my last job.

Interview Questions
    • (phone interview) I was asked about my background and several situational questions. They were also interested in my long term career goals.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

Since this helped me so much as I was going through the process I figured it would help if I wrote what I experienced! I applied online and about two weeks later received a phone call from a Texas number. I missed the call and then never checked the voicemail, an hour after that call I saw I had been sent an email from a Bank of America recruiter asking me to call her back at that Texas number. Called back and had a 20 minute phone interview with her. Standard questions such as tell me about yourself, how have you met sales goals in the past, why are sales attractive to you. At the end of the phone call she said she would like to have me interview with the marketing manager the next day and she would email me with a time. An hour later I received an email with an interview time for the next afternoon. That interview was 1 on 1 and was more of a conversation, the market manager was extremely pleasant and easy to talk to. It was more of a conversation and her explaining the job duties and responsibilities and asking if I would be comfortable performing them. She asked me to describe a time when I went above and beyond my duties and also to describe a situation where I helped an irate customer. The interview was about 25 minutes long and at the end she said she was going to call the recruiter and basically told me I was hired which was amazing to hear. Recruiter emailed me an hour after the interview asking me to call her and when I did she extended me an official offer. The rate of pay she offered was lower than what she first told me so I asked for the initial rate she had said. She told me she would get back to me the next day with an answer, she had to speak to the market manager I interviewed with. The next afternoon I received the call the salary I asked for was approved and I accepted the offer officially.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an irate customer comes into the bank and how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    I was originally told an hourly rate through the recruiter and when I was extended a job offer the next day they offered 2 dollars less. I asked for the original salary they had said and the recruiter said she would talk to the person who interviewed me to get an approval and get back to me. The next day they called and offered me the original rate.

Personal Banker Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2015.

I went to a roundtable which is group interview. They first made us introduce ourselves and asked us why bank of america? After that we went on individual interviews asked us questions about sales and customer service after that they said thank you and they had a couple of questions about our job history and for some of us to stay (hint if you dont stay that means you didint get the job if you stay you only pass to second round) then we interview with another managers after that they said they will email me

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Long process. Over 4 interviews! Because I was from out of state, and had no banking background, I had multiple interviews. It was time consuming. But overall experience was good.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your selling experience?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

I had 3 interviews. The process was very unorganized. I had to follow up with them after every interview. My application was declined and then after following up I had recived a call asking to set up my first face to face interview. Which was very confusing. then the 2nd interview i met with the Consumer Market Manager where he told me he would not have a decision in my haring process. Followed by my 3 phone interview with the Sales Performance Manager. This interview went well however they never responded back to me. I feel like the process was an after thought and a waste of my time. Good luck to the rest of you...

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this paper...
      did/do you play sports...
      a time when you dealt with a difficult customer...
      Tell me about yourself...

Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

BOA called and set up for phone interview. During the phone interview, first they asked me about my back ground and me self. After that ask so much questions that not really relate to personal banker position. So wasn’t difficult to answers. After phone interview they set me the face to face interview with branch manager and district manager and interview was basically same as phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

The process was quick because it was all internal. Discussed my numbers and sales attributes to the financial center and that was it. When working in New York City, it is a very small market and everyone knows everyone

Interview Questions
    Didnt negotiate, got everything I wanted.