Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Interview

I applied on line for a personal banker and was emailed an assessment test to complete. About two weeks later I received a call to set up a phone interview. Had the first phone interview (with national recuiter) and she set me up for another phone interview for the next day (with the regional recuiter). The regional recuiter then set me up for an in person inview (with the Branch Manager) for five day later. Well I just got back from the interview with the Branch Manager and I must said that I have never had an interview with a more boring person.They have you believe that they are looking for a customer service person with sale background. Which I have over 10 years of customer service with the sales background. I think this is what the corporate may want, but this Branch Manager had no idea what a sale is. She told me that she only ever worked at that bank, since high school (she was 30). She was very aloof about the position and had no idea what questions to ask. I am sure that my happy congenial personality would not have been a good fit. This interview was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Daytona Beach, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Ive worked for Bank Of America for over 3 years now and applied for a personal banking position outside of my market. Took the assessment (it's a ridiculous personality assessment) passed that. Got a call a week later from a recruiter to set up an interview at a banking center. As soon as I was told the banking center I would be interviewing at I knew I wasn't going to get the job (I had interview there previously for the same position). Showed up to the interview 15 minutes early as told and ended up waiting for the branch to open. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and as before I sensed some negativity towards me right off the bat. Was asked some pretty tough questions that I'm not sure even my AM would know about market goals or other markets goals. I was asked why I was "switching" markets and was somewhat offended by the question because I think that it shouldn't matter what market I am in or what market I'm applying to. They asked me to role play with them and I felt uncomfortable doing that because of the attitude of the manager. Got an e-mail about an hour later saying I was no longer being considered and more qualified candidates were being considered. I called the recruiter to give feedback but never got an answer. To be honest I thought about not showing up for the interview based on the manager that was interviewing me.I had been told before my first interview that she is sexist and does not like to hire men. I'm not sure if that is true or not but I did get that vibe from her. I was very prepared for the interview but felt as if the manager had made a decision before the interview even started.

Interview Questions

• What are the goals of your market? Why are you changing markets?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Interview

After submitting my job application in their website, an e-mail was sent for me to complete a test. It was a series of transaction questions, day to day scenarios and multiple options related to my behavior. A couple of weeks later, a recruiter called me asking if I was still available and interested in a PB position at BofA. After a few minutes she said she'll schedule a phone interview for me to continue the hiring process. Another recruiter contacted me via phone a few days later. She went through my complete Resume, and asked me challenging questions. Then, I was scheduled to meet with the Manager of the Branch I was going to be working for. That interview was pleasant. The next day, the District Manager interviewed me via phone. Three days later, the Regional Sales Manager called me for a brief on the phone interview. The same day I got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had being offered from $38K to $40K by the first recruiter, but the day I got my offer, this last recruiter said that I was offered $1K more than what they start PB at ($35K). She offered me $36K per year. I told her what her college had mentioned initially. She went back to request a reconsideration on my behalf, and called me with the good news of a final offer of $38K per year plus commission, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America (Temecula, CA).

Interview

I filled out an online application on 07/12/14. After the application was completed I received an email containing a link to take the pre-employment virtual bankers test. This is a 1 hour or so long test that includes person to person scenarios and basic banking account cross selling features. Once I completed the assessment I made the assumption I had passed because I received a call from a recruiter the next day. She asked me why I chose Bofa. She then scheduled a group interview for two weeks out. The group interview consisted of an open forum with 12 other prospective employees. The group interview consisted of one question to everyone telling a little bit about our background. After that it was an open forum in which questions were thrown out to everyone and it was our job to be pro active and answer them ourselves. After the three hour interview I went home and received a call from the recruiter stating I had an over the phone interview with the regional sales president for that market. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was the most intense and long phone interview I have ever done. All in all it went excellent as I received a call back 10 minutes after the interview offering me the position. I then had to submit my information for my fingerprints and background check. I was offered the job on 08/4/14 and got the all clear to work on 08/14/14. They even offered me a $1 more than what I requested. All in all the interview process was lengthy and they requested a lot of information but all the recruiters and interviewers were amazing. Very organized and professional. I was informed every step of the way. I cant wait to start working! If you have any questions about the process I am here to help!

Interview Questions

• During my last phone interview I was given a scenario in which I had to state how I would sell a customer one our products and services if they stated they already banked somewhere else, they felt like their bank treated them more than just a number and clearly stated they did not want to hear about our products and services.   2 Answers

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Unpredictable and Unorganized interview process. The recruiters are calling from different states and are often not well coordinated with the local management you are interviewing with. The management is not concerned about the time you took out of your schedule for the interview and will often keep you waiting for up to a half an hour when you show up on time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation it was a take it or leave it proposition

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

Interview

Qualifying applicants are asked to complete a personal assessment which takes about an hour. If you do well you will be contacted via telephone by a recruiter for a 10 minute on the spot phone interview. The recruiter asks questions regarding previous work history, relevant skills, and finally why you want to work for BOA. Next you will have a more detailed phone interview with a senior level recruiter who previously worked as a Personal Banker. Once completed you will receive an email to schedule an in-person interview with a Financial Manager at another branch. They will most likely be interviewing several applicants so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be most difficult about being a Personal Banker?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

First after taking the assessment test they set up a phone Interview with the recruiter and if they think your a good fit you will get an 1 on 1 interview with Branch Manager.

Interview Questions

• Here sell this to me. It can be anything like a notepad or whatever is around and you have to explain benefits.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

Interview

I applied on line, then went to a branch and introduced myself to the manager. I was called by a recruiter for BOA two days later, and set the first interview for the next day. That was followed by an in person interview, and another phone interview a couple days later. I thought I was done interviewing, but then a couple days later another phone interview was scheduled for that same day. At the end of this interview I was told to sit by the phone, I will be contacted. It has been a couple days, no word yet. Good practice if no offer, but hoping to start new career, and like what I have learned of BOA. Will posy results when I get them. Good luck to others searching.

Interview Questions

• Personal Banker is a sales position so questions were focused on past sales experiences, and related to meeting sales goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

It was not too difficult. I applied out of College. The first step was the interview on campus. Then, i had a quick interview with an HR specialist in N.C., then I interviewed with the Branch Manager and Finally with the Regional Managers. There were two of them, asking questions. However, they made it a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Toms River, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

this site was very helpful to me while my very longgg interview process was taking place... about 6 weeks ago I applied for a banker position. I had a quick phone interview followed by a more depth phone interview a few days later. after that see a recruiter set me up for an interview with the branch manager about a week later. following that interview I waited about 2 more weeks and met with the market manager. That interview lasted about 45 minutes and he made it seem like I had the position. after a week of not hearing anything I contacted the recruiter you asked if I was still being considered for the position. She responded and said that they thought I would be a better fit in the relationship banker role. I asked for feedback and never got a response. A month later the recruiter emailed me asking to go to an open house they were having. I assumed it was for relationship banker roles. When I got there the branch manager and market manager that I already interviewed with were there and wanted to have an additional interview. I was there about 45 minutes and they said they would talk about it and I would hear back from the recruiter. the recruiter contacted me the following day and said the interview went well and that she wanted me to have another interview over the phone with the sales Regional Manager. That interview took place the following day. I finally received an offer the day after that. it was the longest interview process I've ever been through but well worth it at the end.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a unique customer that you were able to help?tell me what your process would be during an account opening?   Answer Question