Bank of America

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

166 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

I applied on line for a personal banker and was emailed an assessment test to complete. About two weeks later I received a call to set up a phone interview. Had the first phone interview (with national recuiter) and she set me up for another phone interview for the next day (with the regional recuiter). The regional recuiter then set me up for an in person inview (with the Branch Manager) for five day later. Well I just got back from the interview with the Branch Manager and I must said that I have never had an interview with a more boring person.They have you believe that they are looking for a customer service person with sale background. Which I have over 10 years of customer service with the sales background. I think this is what the corporate may want, but this Branch Manager had no idea what a sale is. She told me that she only ever worked at that bank, since high school (she was 30). She was very aloof about the position and had no idea what questions to ask. I am sure that my happy congenial personality would not have been a good fit. This interview was a waste of my time.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Ive worked for Bank Of America for over 3 years now and applied for a personal banking position outside of my market. Took the assessment (it's a ridiculous personality assessment) passed that. Got a call a week later from a recruiter to set up an interview at a banking center. As soon as I was told the banking center I would be interviewing at I knew I wasn't going to get the job (I had interview there previously for the same position). Showed up to the interview 15 minutes early as told and ended up waiting for the branch to open. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and as before I sensed some negativity towards me right off the bat. Was asked some pretty tough questions that I'm not sure even my AM would know about market goals or other markets goals. I was asked why I was "switching" markets and was somewhat offended by the question because I think that it shouldn't matter what market I am in or what market I'm applying to. They asked me to role play with them and I felt uncomfortable doing that because of the attitude of the manager. Got an e-mail about an hour later saying I was no longer being considered and more qualified candidates were being considered. I called the recruiter to give feedback but never got an answer. To be honest I thought about not showing up for the interview based on the manager that was interviewing me.I had been told before my first interview that she is sexist and does not like to hire men. I'm not sure if that is true or not but I did get that vibe from her. I was very prepared for the interview but felt as if the manager had made a decision before the interview even started.

Interview Questions
    • What are the goals of your market? Why are you changing markets?   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

After submitting my job application in their website, an e-mail was sent for me to complete a test. It was a series of transaction questions, day to day scenarios and multiple options related to my behavior. A couple of weeks later, a recruiter called me asking if I was still available and interested in a PB position at BofA. After a few minutes she said she'll schedule a phone interview for me to continue the hiring process. Another recruiter contacted me via phone a few days later. She went through my complete Resume, and asked me challenging questions. Then, I was scheduled to meet with the Manager of the Branch I was going to be working for. That interview was pleasant. The next day, the District Manager interviewed me via phone. Three days later, the Regional Sales Manager called me for a brief on the phone interview. The same day I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    I had being offered from $38K to $40K by the first recruiter, but the day I got my offer, this last recruiter said that I was offered $1K more than what they start PB at ($35K). She offered me $36K per year. I told her what her college had mentioned initially. She went back to request a reconsideration on my behalf, and called me with the good news of a final offer of $38K per year plus commission, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I filled out an online application on 07/12/14. After the application was completed I received an email containing a link to take the pre-employment virtual bankers test. This is a 1 hour or so long test that includes person to person scenarios and basic banking account cross selling features. Once I completed the assessment I made the assumption I had passed because I received a call from a recruiter the next day. She asked me why I chose Bofa. She then scheduled a group interview for two weeks out. The group interview consisted of an open forum with 12 other prospective employees. The group interview consisted of one question to everyone telling a little bit about our background. After that it was an open forum in which questions were thrown out to everyone and it was our job to be pro active and answer them ourselves. After the three hour interview I went home and received a call from the recruiter stating I had an over the phone interview with the regional sales president for that market. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was the most intense and long phone interview I have ever done. All in all it went excellent as I received a call back 10 minutes after the interview offering me the position. I then had to submit my information for my fingerprints and background check. I was offered the job on 08/4/14 and got the all clear to work on 08/14/14. They even offered me a $1 more than what I requested. All in all the interview process was lengthy and they requested a lot of information but all the recruiters and interviewers were amazing. Very organized and professional. I was informed every step of the way. I cant wait to start working! If you have any questions about the process I am here to help!

Interview Questions
    • During my last phone interview I was given a scenario in which I had to state how I would sell a customer one our products and services if they stated they already banked somewhere else, they felt like their bank treated them more than just a number and clearly stated they did not want to hear about our products and services.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2014.

The entire process took about 4 weeks. I passed an online sales assessment that took about an hour and was based mostly around sales. Next, my recruiter called me and we scheduled a phone interview. After that, I had another phone interview with the regional manager which was about 40 minutes long. Be sure to emphasize your sales experience and your focus to provide world-class customer service. Final step was a phone call with the state performance manager. We talked about my background and jumped around a bit but in a pattern that made sense. We did a role play that could be intense if you aren't used to role plays but just be sure to listen and relate what the customer is saying to a complete baking solution. Be sure to make small talk and build rapport - normal sales 101 stuff. Background check, fingerprint testing, and then finally training!

Interview Questions
    • Final role play - you are a personal banker and a new client walks in to the branch.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as they made an offer much higher than a competitor who also offered me on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Applied at Bank of America.com/ careers within one week of submitting application got call to schedule phone interview which was 2 days later. Phone interviewer asked a couple of questions about experience and reasons for coming to Bank of America and we scheduled an interview with Banking Center Manager for following week. After that interview got another call from my recruiter to schedule interview with Market Manager and after that recruiter called with offer

Interview Questions
    • It was not a question, it was a role play with Manager where she was being a really tough customer that just wanted nothing at all   Answer Question
    Told recruiter my experience needed a little more incentive than just the minimum salary for that position. He told me he would get back to me and he did next day with $2K over original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2012.

I applied Aug 23rd got a call three days later. I was contacted by a secretary of some type to set up an interview with the actual recruiter two day later. I had my interview with the regional recuirter, then with management, then with the district manager

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you ? Always get stuck on that one   View Answer
    I was offered $20.25 I was allowed to negotiate recieved $21.15 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2013.

Several in person interviews with different levels of management.

Interview Questions
    Recruiter sent the offer and you can decline or accept, very friendly they do welcome negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied online and received a phone call two days later. The recruiter scheduled a time with me to have a roughly 30 minutes telephone interview. The interview included questions such as , " tell me a time when you....." . I then when on a panel interview in downtown Atlanta. They told us that if chosen we would work in a specific area. I expected to be chosen and decided to take initiative to go to every single bank in that city to introduce myself and hand the manager my resume in hopes of bringing attention to myself over other. It worked. I was later called in for an interview with one of the managers and the Market manager for that region. Afterwards I received a call from my recruiter making me an offer. The offer was for 34k, which was mid range of what she had mentioned in our initial telephone interview. I asked for 42k. She said she would check and get back to me within a day. She called back next day and said the best they could do was 38K and that only experienced PB's received pay of 40k and above. I accepted.

I greatly appreciate your offer. When reviewing my own experience and accomplishments and comparing them to the requirements listed on the post for the opportunity, I noticed that I meet those listed. Furthermore, I even exceed that preferred qualifications that are listed as well. With this and knowing what I can accomplish in this role and knowing my self worth, I am prepared to accept and offer of $$$$$$.

Set back listen, and don't say a single word. Even after they have made the next statement, don't be so quick to respond. Give a second or two of silence before responding. Trust me, if they want you and you sell yourself you can get more. Just know the border between firm and assertive and cocky ass whole...If you don't get what you asked, ask how long you have to make a decision. If it has to be made that day and they don't give what you ask, take what they give...at least you know you tried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in June 2011.

3 interviews (at least) -- Phone Interview, Panel Interview with Executives and other candidates, Interview with Direct Banking Center Manager