Bank of America Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

You apply online, if you have the minimum requirements you will get an email with an assessment, if you pass you get a call from the recruiter. If the recruiter finds you a good fit you get to go to a group in person interview. If you pass the interview the recruiter calls you in 2 days, giving you an offer and you can think about it or answer on the spot. There will be 5-8 people interviewing you! Don't get nervous. There was 5 of us being interviewed and 8 people interviewing us. They all have a question, observing you, taking notes and questioning your resume. Like a person got questioned why they wanted to leave their employer after only working for that employer 6 months. They asked me what where my sales goals at my former job. When is time to role play be the first one! Trust me. Study their products and you will nail the role play. The lady person got the hardest scenario. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Online application then interactive online assessment which you need to pass to be considered. I got a call from HR to schedule a phone interview with a regional recruiter, which was for the next day. This was more of a conversation between the two of us. He gave me tons of information about the position, benefits, the hiring process, and he did ask a few behavioral type questions. I was scheduled for an in-person, panel interview with one other candidate with the market sales manager and one other manager and offered the position at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• They are mostly behavior based with a few questions regarding your background, experience, etc. Pretty standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

i applied online at bank of america website, did an hour long assessment test. waited for about a week or so. recruiter finally called and had a phone interview with the recruiter and was scheduled an appointment with the district manager. district manager immediately told me i was not hired.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. how did you make your cold calls. Give me an example how did you handle a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was simple. The position opened at my old branch and my manager wanted me for the job role. I already knew I would get it but I still had to do a phone interview with Our consumer market manager. I didn't even have to fill an app online for it!

Interview Questions

• How will you use your previous experience to be more successful in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

The first stage is a phone interview with a recruiter, then if you pass they will set up one of two types of interviews. One is a group interview and the other is a one on one interview with various managers. I only did the one on one interview because I was an internal hire. The first interview will be with the financial center manager of the bank in which you applied. If you pass that stage then you will interview with the consumer market manager on the area in which the bank is located. He/She is the deciding factor in whether you get the job. If he/she likes you then you will complete the final interview with a sales manager to make sure there are no red flags. The last interview will be the hardest one due to the strict behavioral questions. Don't panic because you have to really mess up at that stage to not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you remedy the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR will call you to offer the job and salary. They are really nice and want to make sure you are satisfied with the hourly rate before accepting the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (South Florida, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

hit or miss....some interviewers take the time and get to know you...others rush through the interviews. Ones who rush he interviews must already have someone in mind for the job, if not its may be a good sign as to the type of manager they are.

Interview Questions

• Variious scenario questions, "what would you do" questions, "tell me about a time when..." questions...typical interview Questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Troy, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

First and foremost, the recruiters are extremely helpful in helping you find the job that is write for you. My recruiter worked with my step by step through the process. I had an initial contact interview over the phone, really quick call to get a brief overview of my experience and what I was looking for. He then called me the following day to go over possible questions they will ask, and we role played, he also helped me structure my answers so that they would be ideal to what the employer was looking for. The next interview was face to face with the in store manager. A lot of behavioral questions and went in depth on my experience and what I was looking for. BE PREPARED FOR A ROLE PLAY SCENARIO. They give you a paper with information on a customer who was directed to come talk to a personal banker. They don't expect you to know product information, but they do want to see how you conduct through the sales process and how you build relationships. The key here is to start with an open ended question to see what they customer is looking to do, and NOT dive into products you would recommend. The final interview was with the manger above the store manager. Very informal, and not many questions asked. Got offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and role play scenario (READ ABOVE)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (Tucson, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews and than the in person interview with the branch manager. Interviewed with branch manager, district manager, than sales performance manager. Phone interview for the two latter.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about moving to a center that only has one pb?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online July 29th. Did the required assessment test. Next day received call from HR to set up phone interview. Phone interview next day with HR head to give me general info on job requirements and to go over my experience. She said she would set up meeting with Branch Manager . A few days later met with Branch Mgr who was very nice. Asked questions about my previous banking experience. We discussed the PB role and what would be expected. We had a very relaxed and enjoyable discussion that lasted 30 min. He said he would be in touch with his District Mgr to arrange interview between us. Next interview was over the phone and lasted about 15 min. Discussed my background and what they were looking for. Very friendly, positive conversation. I was told that I would receive a call from HIS Sales Mgr. Finally, a call from the Big Guy. Very nice, just wanted to get to know me. Discussed how BOA is evolving and what they want and need from a PB in the area I was interviewing for. Discussed my experience. This was the longest interview. He basically said everyone liked me, but just wanted him to sign off on it. At end of conversation, he said HR would contact me about salary, start date, etc. Everyone I spoke with was friendly, chatty, and engaging. Not intimidating at all. Job offered August 7th. A lot of steps, but things moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that will make me remember who you are.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday around 2 pm. Got a call Monday Monday for a phone interview the following morning. It was just asking basic questions. About work history sales you've done if your willing to work full time if your not done with school yet if your will to put work first and go part time. In my case no brainier I'm almost done anyways. She then said she would be setting up an interview with the hiring manager at the location I applied at. She ended up emailing me a week later for a job fair. I found a bit unprofessional but it worked out extremely well. I went and attended had the interview with a different branch manager. It went extremely well and said I will hear from him in 7-10 days. I will keep updated on the next process if I get selected. But I believe next is the fingerprinting and I-9 form.

Interview Questions

• What was one sales goal you achieved at your previous employers?   Answer Question