Bank of America

Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.8

168 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

It was a standard interview format: Phone screening, then Interviewed with district manager in person, then manager in person, then was scheduled for a final phone interview with sales and performance manager

Interview Questions
  • Describe a strategy you applied to increase sales revenue.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Once you apply online, there was a 3 month turnaround time before hearing from a recruiter who did a review over the phone. Afterwards they told me I wasn't qualified for the position and offered to put me on a wait list for a lower position. Called me back a few weeks later saying I was better qualified than other applicants and an offer was finally made. Altogether, it was about a 4 month process from start to hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle multiple urgent tasks while providing customer service.   Answer Question
    A bit of salary.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

I applied on line, then went to a branch and introduced myself to the manager. I was called by a recruiter for BOA two days later, and set the first interview for the next day. That was followed by an in person interview, and another phone interview a couple days later. I thought I was done interviewing, but then a couple days later another phone interview was scheduled for that same day. At the end of this interview I was told to sit by the phone, I will be contacted. It has been a couple days, no word yet. Good practice if no offer, but hoping to start new career, and like what I have learned of BOA. Will posy results when I get them. Good luck to others searching.

Interview Questions
    • Personal Banker is a sales position so questions were focused on past sales experiences, and related to meeting sales goals.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Hiring process includeds intervews with several managers and other associates. SOme of the interviews are done in groups then turned into individual interviews with managers and associates. The first interview includes phone interview and an easy sales test

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

At first it was a group interview, then background check, and finally interview with branch manager.
    the process is pretty easy, and it doesn't take too long sssssss sass ssssss ssssss ssssss ssssss sass

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2014.

The entire process took about 4 weeks. I passed an online sales assessment that took about an hour and was based mostly around sales. Next, my recruiter called me and we scheduled a phone interview. After that, I had another phone interview with the regional manager which was about 40 minutes long. Be sure to emphasize your sales experience and your focus to provide world-class customer service. Final step was a phone call with the state performance manager. We talked about my background and jumped around a bit but in a pattern that made sense. We did a role play that could be intense if you aren't used to role plays but just be sure to listen and relate what the customer is saying to a complete baking solution. Be sure to make small talk and build rapport - normal sales 101 stuff. Background check, fingerprint testing, and then finally training!

Interview Questions
    • Final role play - you are a personal banker and a new client walks in to the branch.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as they made an offer much higher than a competitor who also offered me on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online - Assessment test - Phone interview with recruiter - Panel Interview - One on one with Sales performance manager

The process is really quick after the phone interview with the recruiter. Before the interview, read up on Bank of America's products and bring multiple copies of your resume. DO know your resume also because you'll be walking your interviewers through your resume and know when to highlight your strengths and skill sets. Remember you have to stand out amongst the other candidates so be prepared for anything. I had to role play in english, my secondary language and role play again with the manager. Be confident because you'll have to be confident in selling the product and more importantly, YOURSELF.

Personal Banker Interview

need to do the assessment test on the company's website, then passing the test, then wait about 1 week, they will contact you for onsite interview, after that wait another week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2014.

Applied online and almost immediately received a call from the area recruiter to take the assessment she was sending me. I took the assessment and promptly received a call back from the recruiter for a phone interview. Following the interview, an in person interview was scheduled with a branch manager for the next day, we worked around my current schedule as I was still employed two hours away. That interview went so well, the next morning the recruiter called to schedule an interview with the regional manager for that afternoon. I explained to her that I was at work and wouldn't be able to make that work. She followed up with the manager to arrange a different time. I was able to work out a time for the next morning. I arrived at the branch early, as requested, and was made to wait outside until the bank opened. When I was finally able to go in, I was made to wait for 10 minutes before the manager greeted me. The interview process was a joke. Basically he had me walk him through my resume, which he ripped apart. It seemed to me he was acting like he was doing me a favor by sitting with me. He asked me a personal question, which I answered honestly (regarding a college town I lived in). Apparently I gave the wrong answer because the interview went down hill from there. It took nearly a week before the recruiter called to let me know she had not received ANY feedback on my final interview but the manager had suggested other applicants to go forward. PS, the position is still open.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked to do any role playing, as I was told to expect. I was just asked in the third interview, coming from a wireless background, how much service would cost on a phone.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2014.

Fill out application then got email to take assessment test. Four weeks later I was called for a phone interview and then after that was called by hr to set up face to face .interview was typical with sales related questions . I was first interviewed by branch manager after passing the first face to face interview. Meet with sales manager and another branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • There where no difficult questions if you have a sales background.   Answer Question