Bank of America

144 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview and then face-to-face interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Can be a lengthy process but worth it in the end.

Interview Question – Ask how you would handle difficult situtations both with employees and with customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was good with a recruiter

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2011.

Interview Details – Their recruiter called me for a phone interview after that I had to take the assessment. Shortly after that I was interviewed at the branch with the branch manager. They called me the next day with and offer.

Interview Question – A time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't much to negotiate I was happy with their offer

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – The process was relatively lengthy over a span of about 2 months. This included three phone interviews and three in person interviews. Each was conducted by a different person including the banking center staff, divisional leadership and area executives.

Interview Question – The most challenging aspect is the role playing. It is common to role play during the interviews and these can be somewhat uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Initial screen, then interview with branch manager and area manager

Interview Question – What motivate you to do the job on daily basis?   Answer Question

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – few interviews just concentrate on making money and selling customer service means nothing

Interview Question – what is the most important in the three quailites... customer service, sellings, or quality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – basically know your worth dont accept what you dont feel you accept

Very Difficult Interview

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting my job application in their website, an e-mail was sent for me to complete a test. It was a series of transaction questions, day to day scenarios and multiple options related to my behavior. A couple of weeks later, a recruiter called me asking if I was still available and interested in a PB position at BofA. After a few minutes she said she'll schedule a phone interview for me to continue the hiring process. Another recruiter contacted me via phone a few days later. She went through my complete Resume, and asked me challenging questions. Then, I was scheduled to meet with the Manager of the Branch I was going to be working for. That interview was pleasant. The next day, the District Manager interviewed me via phone. Three days later, the Regional Sales Manager called me for a brief on the phone interview. The same day I got an offer.

Interview Question – Why Bank of America?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had being offered from $38K to $40K by the first recruiter, but the day I got my offer, this last recruiter said that I was offered $1K more than what they start PB at ($35K). She offered me $36K per year. I told her what her college had mentioned initially. She went back to request a reconsideration on my behalf, and called me with the good news of a final offer of $38K per year plus commission, which I accepted.

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by a in person interview. Required to pass a credit review and a few other back round checks. It is a sales job so they want to see you are motivated and a sales mindset.

Interview Question – Tell us about Bank of America   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is slow to start. I received my first interview over a month after submitting my application and keeping in touch with the hiring manager. 2-3 interviews with the banking center manager and the regional manager over the course of 2 weeks. Hiring decision was made within a week of the final interview.
No drug test, which was odd, but you are run through a very thorough criminal background check and employment history.

Interview Question – having already mentioned that I was in a sales role previously... "How would you sell financial solutions to a customer you have never met before?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but I made it clear that I could not accept anything less than a certain minimum to meet my own financial needs.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2013.

Interview Details – Call interview first, face to face with Manager after you get thru the call, then there is an additional interview by next level up.

Interview Question – role play was a surprise for a job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negations for a better job salary was easy- They low balled the salary and I gave them my worth and met my expectations