Bank of America

2.8

166 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Initial screen, then interview with branch manager and area manager

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

few interviews just concentrate on making money and selling customer service means nothing

Interview Questions
    • what is the most important in the three quailites... customer service, sellings, or quality   Answer Question
    basically know your worth dont accept what you dont feel you accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

I worked as a full-time SSS before moving to the PB role. I was told by upper management that there was an open position and asked if I was interested. I submitted an application internally and interviewed with the branch manager (this position was at a different branch than I was at during my SSS role). I then had an interview with the Consumer Market Manager. Overall this took about 3 weeks and I was put into the role about a month later (due to scheduling).

Interview Questions
    • Role Playing. The manager pretends to be a customer with a scenario and you are supposed to sell the "customer" bank products based on the scenario.   View Answer
    Since it was internal, I was offered the highest % raise I was allowed. I accepted.

Personal Banker Interview

Phone interview, followed by a in person interview. Required to pass a credit review and a few other back round checks. It is a sales job so they want to see you are motivated and a sales mindset.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

After submitting my job application in their website, an e-mail was sent for me to complete a test. It was a series of transaction questions, day to day scenarios and multiple options related to my behavior. A couple of weeks later, a recruiter called me asking if I was still available and interested in a PB position at BofA. After a few minutes she said she'll schedule a phone interview for me to continue the hiring process. Another recruiter contacted me via phone a few days later. She went through my complete Resume, and asked me challenging questions. Then, I was scheduled to meet with the Manager of the Branch I was going to be working for. That interview was pleasant. The next day, the District Manager interviewed me via phone. Three days later, the Regional Sales Manager called me for a brief on the phone interview. The same day I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    I had being offered from $38K to $40K by the first recruiter, but the day I got my offer, this last recruiter said that I was offered $1K more than what they start PB at ($35K). She offered me $36K per year. I told her what her college had mentioned initially. She went back to request a reconsideration on my behalf, and called me with the good news of a final offer of $38K per year plus commission, which I accepted.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online, was contacted by recruiter, phone interview followed, in person interview with banking center manager and market head after that

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Got a call from corporate recruiter one week from online application. Scheduled on-site interview with branch manager. The interview last 1 hours, including tons of behavior questions. Tell me how you sell this product if clients have no interest on it. What was biggest challenges you ever faced and how you overcome situations not favor to you.

Interview Questions
    • Got an list of customer's background, including balances for multiple accounts. Role play how you sell the products to clients based on its needs.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

The process was quick and easy, They keep you updated as to what will happen next, and when it will happen. No drug testing, and the background check took less than 24 hours.

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

The whole process of about five weeks I actually applied for more than one position is not until actually apply for specific location that I actually got called for first I got contacted by the recruiter followed by interview with the hiring manager and then phone interview with the sales manager for the region followed by background and drug screening

Interview Questions
    • The most common difficult question to answer is why did you leave your old you're doing so well   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

The hiring process is slow to start. I received my first interview over a month after submitting my application and keeping in touch with the hiring manager. 2-3 interviews with the banking center manager and the regional manager over the course of 2 weeks. Hiring decision was made within a week of the final interview.
    No drug test, which was odd, but you are run through a very thorough criminal background check and employment history.

Interview Questions
    • having already mentioned that I was in a sales role previously... "How would you sell financial solutions to a customer you have never met before?"   View Answer
    No negotiation, but I made it clear that I could not accept anything less than a certain minimum to meet my own financial needs.