Bank of America

Average Difficulty
140 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from a recruiter not even five minutes after I submitted the application. Basic phone interview about my resume, experience, and what locations I was comfortable with. She told me she would forward my resume to the hiring managers and would get back with me to schedule and interview. About 2 days later I got a call to interview at the Branch with the Branch Manager, Assistant Manager, and their Sales Manager was on speaker. They asked me about my resume, experience, why I left my past job, scenario questions, tell me a time when you had a difficult customer that was upset how did you handle it? They also made me do a role play scenario. What sets you apart from other applicants? after the face to face interview a few days later I got a call that I had a final interview with the area manager which was a phone interview. This interview with the area manager was pretty intense. The same day the recruiter called me with an offer.

Interview Question – Out of the blue Was to role play. My name is Ms. Customer and I walk in and I just have a basic checking account. (so you have to role play on what you would say to this customer and how would you help her. )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The base I received was more than I expected.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to BoA in Dec. 2013. Two business days later I received and email from the VP of recruiting. I had a phone interview which consisted of 6 questions, mainly pertaining to experience, how I would handle a particular situation, and salary requirements.

After that interview, I had a 1-1 with a marketing manager and it went very smooth. I was relaxed and confident. He was very direct with his expectations of the banker position and after he asked a series of questions, ( Tell me about yourself; Why BoA?; Am I aggressive?; what will I do to ensure I reach my monthly goal?; Why you?) I was set up with an interview with the branch & asst. manager 2 days later. This interview lasted about 20 mins.

This was the most challenging part of the interview process. I sat with the BM & ABM for about an hour and they asked a lot of situation questions, sales goals history, experience history, achievements, why BoA, what can I bring to the company, where do I see myself in 3-5 years, weaknesses, how will you succeed, etc...One thing I did do was relax myself and think before speaking. If I needed time to answer a question correctly, I would take a pause. They want to see confidence and a strong sales person. I also asked each one of them (including the marketing manager) a series of 3 leadership questions to get a feel for them as well; tenure in a leadership role, what are some key attributes to longevity and personal success at BoA, & what does integrity mean to you and why? It is always good to have a max of 3 questions pertaining to the managers that you can ask.

Last interview was a phone interview with the sales performance manager which lasted about 10mins, very easy. After I completed all the interviews, I was contacted the same day and was given confirmation that i got the job!

Please read and role play the questions that could be asked in the interviews. Preparation is vital to anything you do. Be confident and smile! This is a sales role so people HAVE to sense that you are a sales person. Highlight sales accomplishments and leadership roles you have had in the past.

Business Professional attire! I also purchased a portfolio and had my resume printed on very nice resume paper (optional but appearance is key!).

Interview Question – What can you tell me about yourself that cannot be found on your resume?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I initially asked for 35k before the interviews and learning the job expectations. Afterwards, my recruiter offered 36,800. I asked for 40k and it was accepted.

Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. once with a phone interview 2 with the branch and 3rd with the manager and CMM

Interview Question – none. straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate a pay, since I had experience

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details – the first point of contact was from a recruiter who asked me general questions to determine i had common sense. second was a series of interviews with branch managers who had an opening. these were with an assistant and branch manager

Interview Question – role play
describe a time when i overcame a difficult situation
  Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Slow process. Apply. Online behavorial test. Recruiter interview. Manager Interview. 2nd Recruiter interview. Market Manager Interview. 10 week process. Over drawn. Didn't think I had the job until week 9 day 5!

Interview Question – Customer service questions. Nothing challenging. Google typical customer service questions to understand the answer they are looking for. STAR style interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or decline it.

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – There is an assessment test that will last 90 mins

Interview Question – Not hat bad if you're good in math.   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – Went through group interview. Once passed that did interview with branch manager of where I was trying to work and that's it. When becoming a PB had to do a sales personality test

Interview Question – How long do you plan to be with the company?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – It has been a 6 week long 5 different interview process, and i know it is by the holidays but I have gone through 2 different holidays and it's definitely way too drawn out. I still am actively in contact and just had another interview last week. Way too long.

Interview Question – Role play and bring up in a conversation what you do and try to get an appointment.   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2013.

Interview Details – Based on a recommendation I applied for a banker role internally and took the online test. I interviewed the next day with the branch manager. Questions were pretty typical, most were about my sales history and process, and how I turn servicing to sales. Of course strengths and weaknesses, one of my most difficult situations, and one of my most successful interactions. I was an internal candidate, so my reputation and history were already known, I felt like it was more of a test of personality. The next day I had a phone interview with the CMM, where I was also asked the same general questions, but once again I really felt like I was being screened for personality since I already had a (hopefully good) reputation.

Interview Question – What is your approach when somebody just tells you "no"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, there's not much room for that, but I've found nearly everyone is always satisfied with their initial offers.

Springfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial approach was to apply online and take a 150 question test to see if you are the right fit for the company. After passing, I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview which I passed and then had to schedule another interview with the manager of the office. After I passed, I had yet another interview with senior leadership to see if I was qualified. Then you wait 2 weeks without a call from HR and I left several messages to no avail. I decided not to pursue employment with this company. Its great they want only perfect people to work for them, I don't belong in the Stepford community

Interview Question – You have to role play during the interview. I was the customer service person, and the manager was the customer complaining about fees. They were testing to see if I would get angry at the customer and how would I turn the problem into a sale.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – My friends won't do business with them and gave me a hard time for applying.