Bank of America Interview Questions in Plano, TX

2.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

There is an assessment test that will last 90 mins

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

i was contacted by a recruiter then had an initial interview with the team manager then a second interview with the vp of the department

there was no negotiating

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2013.

was very easy not to hard

Mortgage Retention Team Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of America.

Went thru multple, and I mean multiple, recruiting agencies over 4 - 5 months.... many promises, many promises that fell through. One recruiter finally got responses from powers that be in (North Carolina? or Plano, I don' t know)...and I was just told when and where to report... no interview at all.

what negotiations......was told what the rate was...

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2012.

Called in July and interviewed mid July. The interview itself was very informal. The staffing agency presented me well, although I never saw one of them in person (only 2 people already working at Bank of America). They needed an Excel Developer, but said it would be a slow process, to which I agreed. A lot of paperwork from the staffing agency and security checks to be able to work there. Started 9/4/12. So it was a pretty long wait. It was a difficult wait but worth the money.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly think they were running out of time & candidates for what they wanted to accomplish, so they did not make it difficult. I think the difficult thing with them is passing all the security & background checks... as long as you are able to do what they want.   Answer Question
    In this position your daily duties would be doing this...

Mortgage Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2011.

The application process wasn't too bad because I remembered all of my past employers. Recruiters did note that you had to include every single company or you may not get an interview (even temporary/contract assignments).
    The interview process was quick and painless. They were able to provide answers for all questions regarding the company.
    The wait process (for background and drug testing) did not take long. From the time I applied to the moment I received an offer letter was approximately 5-7 business days. This was the fastest turn around I have ever received.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basically the same as any professional or technical position. If you haven't interviewed for a professional position, I'd advise to look up some interview questions to better prepare yourself.
      Hardest question (that I can remember) was probably based on conflict with a customer. How would you resolve conflict? That might not be the exact verbiage. Of course, my interviewer prefaced the question with a detailed scenario.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Mtg Servicing Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Common interview questions (name 5 strengths, 5 weaknesses, reason for leaving current job). Took about 20 mins.

No negotiation.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

I saw a job posting listed that struck my interest so I reached out to the recruiter who was handling the position and did not hear anything back for a couple days. I followed up with the recruiter and she called me right away. She told me to submit an internal application for the position so I could get on the interview schedule. While she was very attentive the second time around, I was a little disappointed that I had to follow up and waste a few days where I could have reached the hiring manager sooner. After a brief interview with the recruiter, she told me she definitely wanted me to be interviewed by the hiring manager. My phone interview with the hiring manager was rescheduled twice, once due to his schedule and once due to mine. Once we did finally have the interview, it went very well. We really clicked and I felt very good about my chances for the position based on some of his comments and feedback. He then had me do a phone interview with a peer who worked closely with his group. That interview took place the following week and was fair, as the person I spoke with didn't have as much of an outgoing personality as the hiring manager. I didn't come away from that call as confident as the first, but still felt that I had a good chance at the position. Then a lull fell over the process for about a week as I waited for the answer. I followed up once with the hiring manager to keep me "top of mind". Disappointingly, I received a call from the recruiter that an offer had been sent another candidate and was accepted, so I was not going to be offer the position. I was a little put off that I didn't hear directly from the hiring manager, especially since I felt we made a connection in our interview. Life goes on...

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you ran into a situation where you had to make a breakthrough while dealing with people above your title/level?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself 3 to 5 years from now?   View Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2010.

First it is a phone interview with the recruiter, if you pass that stage you will interview with the hiring manager or managers. The hiring managers wont talk about compensation they will leave that up to the recruiter. The hiring managers have the power to make the pay what they would like.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to perform corrective actions on a low performing associate   View Answer
    Never accept the first offer, they ofcourse can always offer you more. If they are unwilling to increase let them know they you need to think about the offer and get back with the recruiter.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

It was extremely easy. I recieved a call that they had viewed my resume online and already had an offer for me at one of two locations that currently had an opening.

Interview Questions
    • What do you hope to accomplish here and why did you choose this company?   Answer Question