Bank of America Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Jun 17, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR).

Interview

One 30 minute interview on campus. Applied through campus recruiting online and heard within a week about signing up for an interview. 1-1 interview with manager of division. Was contacted within two weeks of the interview by a recruiter and was extended an offer. I was surprised only one interview was necessary, especially for this technical of a position.

Interview Questions

• mostly personality type questions and then some accounting based analysis questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was extended an offer, no negotiation on salary. Was offered a moving stipend.

Mortgage Loan Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Found the job on Indeed, applied online, received response from the recruiter. Scheduled interview, but then it was rescheduled. The rescheduled time rolled around, I waited by my phone prepared for this interview and received NO call. I emailed her and finally got a response back 2 days later. We scheduled another and it was done. One question: What is your background? I prepared for so much more. Then about a week later as promised I got an invite to interview with a group. It was 1:1 interviews, each person called out individually. The whole group thing was so unorganized. We all waited outside the building for 20 minutes in the rain, then told we were early even though they specifically said to arrive 20 mins early (it was almost time for our scheduled interviews by that time). Then afterwards people were showing up late, but we were all inside a room just waiting around for whatever was next (we weren't told anything) so managers didn't notice people coming in late. Minutes rolled by and finally we were called out one by one. We each had two interviews with two different hiring managers. They went OK. Common questions, but you MUST study and know behavioral type questions. I personally felt great about how well I did. We were told initially that they would make a decision day-of. I was told by one that I would be a great fit and he wants to hire me. The day-of decision ended up being incorrect, and it was actually day after that we were told we'd hear. Well, it is now day 4 (business day, after a weekend so technically 6 days) and my recruiter has told me over and over that they should hear something by the end of "today" but they have been wrong 2x. Overall, COMPLETELY unorganized and jumbled. Such a headache. In the meantime I accepted an even better job offer with a different company. Better job and pay overall. So I am happy. I hope BOA fixes their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background.   1 Answer
    • What is a time you had anxiety and/or stress that you ended up turning into a good thing/positive feeling?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

-Applied online -got a call from BofA staffing: was asked a few basic questions (availability, cash handling exp, etc.) and then got scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter -phone interview was about 10 min and was asked questions regarding previous customer service exp. and availability -recruiter moved me forward to a 2on1 interview with the branch managers which consisted of the same questions as the phone interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavioral questions: give an example of a time where you saw a coworker being dishonest and how did you handle it? what does being a teller at bank of america mean to you?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online at careers webpage. Submitted resume and cover letter. Within a few days I was asked to take a personality test online via e-mail. After completing it, I was called in for an interview. The interview was about 20 minutes long and consisted of a couple branch employees. No tricky questions, just straightforward "why do you want this job" and "what are you hoping to learn" type questions. Did have to pitch a mock sell through role playing, though. Not hard, just spoke slowly and articulated my words carefully, highlighted the value of the company, etc. Got a phone call a week later telling me I was hired if I wanted it and that my starting salary was $35,000. No room for negotiation. Required a fingerprint test and background check (you must report your job history accurately). No drug test, no 2nd interviews, no crazy hoops to jump through. Overall a painless process and lots of help in transitioning into the new role.

Senior Merchant Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Portland, OR) in December 2008.

Interview

Called for an interview- met the branch manager. He pulled out his starbucks interview book (for a Bank of America teller position). Didn't seem to go too well, but his Assistant Manager knew me and encouraged him to hire me which he said he was grateful for later on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had trouble working with someone. What happened and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question