Bank of America

Bank of America QMAP Interview Questions

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QMAP Interview

usual on campus. Binary model. Regression. Statistical questions. Know Regression well single and multiple..

Interview Questions
  • How does a bank make money ? How does our credit card business make money ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

QMAP Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

A couple phone interviews to talk about myself and my background. The second was more in depth and asked me to describe the specifics on algorithms I'd written, etc. A few days later was invited for onsite in Charlotte, NC. Part of the onsite would include a group case presentation, and all information was distributed beforehand.

The onsite had 24 people and they split us into groups of 12. My half did interviews while the others did the case. 3 behavioral interviews, 2 technical. I thought all were very easy. The technicals were just a few simple brain teaser or probability questions, and then describing a subject you know. They asked for linear regression, which I don't really know, but I instead explained elementary machine learning, Markov chains, and some signal processing. I'd emphasize more on being able to explain the material vs. knowing it in and out.

Afternoon was the case competition. Our 12 was split into two groups and we had 2 hours to create a slide deck for a 20-30 minute presentation. Interviewers awkwardly wander around the room and watch you collaborate. For the presentation they bring a bunch of people into the room and are looking for you work with pressure. They also want to see how you react to tough questions when under the spotlight. Our group was very disorganized as the others wanted to work on all the details despite a tight time limit. Focusing only on the key parts would have been much better.

Interview Questions
    • Rolling 3 dice. First is a 3 or less. What is the probability that the sum after the second is a 5 or less.   View Answers (3)

It wasn't exactly the position I wanted, I wasn't excited about Charlotte, and the entire experience didn't seem like the place for me.

QMAP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

First round was at my university. It consisted mainly of behavioral questions and I was asked just one question on a more technical aspect of data cleaning. The second round was much more challenging. An all day event at their head office in North Carolina. The most intimidating part were the technical questions which ranged from statistical brainteasers to graphing a curve.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine we are playing a coin toss game. You have a fair coin and I have a fair coin. We are both tossing the coins and I am trying to get the sequence HTH and you are trying to get the sequence HTT. The winner is the first person to get the sequence. Who is more likely to win this game?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2012.

First round on campus interview for about 30 mins, just went through resume technical questions;
    The second round was onsite, and there were a reception dinner before the interview.

QMAP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interviewed through on-campus interviews. I was interviewed by a QMAP-in-training and a VP of QMAP program (so 2 people interviewed me at once). Mostly talked about my resume and experiences. They asked me about my technical skills.

QMAP Interview

Campus interview first then second round was in Charlotte.
    Accommodation was not bad but the interviews on the second day was ridiculous.
    A interviewer kept asking the same question as if it was the whole point of the job.
    Others were relatively nice.
    There was a case study in the afternoon which I didn't prepare well. Guess I failed on that.

QMAP Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2009.

Interview was mostly technical questions like teach me regression as if I knew nothing about statistics. One tricky question was on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being we are lucky to have you and 10 being you are lucky to have us, where would you lie?

Interview Questions
    • describe regression to me as if i were a drama student   Answer Question