Bank of America

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

QMAP

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details – A couple phone interviews to talk about myself and my background. The second was more in depth and asked me to describe the specifics on algorithms I'd written, etc. A few days later was invited for onsite in Charlotte, NC. Part of the onsite would include a group case presentation, and all information was distributed beforehand.

The onsite had 24 people and they split us into groups of 12. My half did interviews while the others did the case. 3 behavioral interviews, 2 technical. I thought all were very easy. The technicals were just a few simple brain teaser or probability questions, and then describing a subject you know. They asked for linear regression, which I don't really know, but I instead explained elementary machine learning, Markov chains, and some signal processing. I'd emphasize more on being able to explain the material vs. knowing it in and out.

Afternoon was the case competition. Our 12 was split into two groups and we had 2 hours to create a slide deck for a 20-30 minute presentation. Interviewers awkwardly wander around the room and watch you collaborate. For the presentation they bring a bunch of people into the room and are looking for you work with pressure. They also want to see how you react to tough questions when under the spotlight. Our group was very disorganized as the others wanted to work on all the details despite a tight time limit. Focusing only on the key parts would have been much better.

Interview Question – Rolling 3 dice. First is a 3 or less. What is the probability that the sum after the second is a 5 or less.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – It wasn't exactly the position I wanted, I wasn't excited about Charlotte, and the entire experience didn't seem like the place for me.

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – usual on campus. Binary model. Regression. Statistical questions. Know Regression well single and multiple..

Interview Question – How does a bank make money ? How does our credit card business make money ?   Answer Question

QMAP

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed through on-campus interviews. I was interviewed by a QMAP-in-training and a VP of QMAP program (so 2 people interviewed me at once). Mostly talked about my resume and experiences. They asked me about my technical skills.

Interview Question – Nothing really- just typical resume questions.   Answer Question

QMAP

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – First round was at my university. It consisted mainly of behavioral questions and I was asked just one question on a more technical aspect of data cleaning. The second round was much more challenging. An all day event at their head office in North Carolina. The most intimidating part were the technical questions which ranged from statistical brainteasers to graphing a curve.

Interview Question – Imagine we are playing a coin toss game. You have a fair coin and I have a fair coin. We are both tossing the coins and I am trying to get the sequence HTH and you are trying to get the sequence HTT. The winner is the first person to get the sequence. Who is more likely to win this game?   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2012.

Interview Details – First round on campus interview for about 30 mins, just went through resume technical questions;
The second round was onsite, and there were a reception dinner before the interview.

Interview Question – Different methods to calculate corporate bond spread   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Campus interview first then second round was in Charlotte.
Accommodation was not bad but the interviews on the second day was ridiculous.
A interviewer kept asking the same question as if it was the whole point of the job.
Others were relatively nice.
There was a case study in the afternoon which I didn't prepare well. Guess I failed on that.

Interview Question – How does a bank make money.   Answer Question

QMAP

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was mostly technical questions like teach me regression as if I knew nothing about statistics. One tricky question was on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being we are lucky to have you and 10 being you are lucky to have us, where would you lie?

Interview Question – describe regression to me as if i were a drama student   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America QMAP interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.