Bank of America Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.5

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Got a call from the consultant for the interview next day, hiring manager was very professional and very smart. He kept me at ease and asked quite tricky questions but did not give the feedback. Haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions
  • -Asked about:
    Greeks (Gamma), BlackScholes, Barrier Option

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2013.

Phone interview first and then on site interview. There were seven employees from all level did the one to one interview and almost all technical questions.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

First is the phone interview, asked about my resume, thesis topic, especially the projects I did corperated with a company.,
    Second, went to local office and interview with technical guy. Asked the resume, specifica tools I used, chat about the professor he know in my university. discuss the projects they do and what they need.,

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

It was first a 1:1 campus interview about pretty basic math concepts. Then I was invited for a onsite. First dined with the director and the Mgr, asked me about background questions and some behavioral questions. Then moved to a conference room for a group interview. It was kind of tough, option pricing, stochastic processes, coding and general questions about the company. I think I was not prepared for that.

Interview Questions
    • how to reduce variance in simulation   View Answer
    • how to address the issue that there is not enough data   View Answer
    • Why this role? Name a few bonds?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

5 interviewer, including executive, senior manager, hire manager, manager from other team. Questions include case study, sas procedure and modeling techniques. If you are experienced, don't need to spend too much time to prepare, just tell what you know from your previous experience.,

Interview Questions
    • Questions could be very detail in techniques, make sure you remember all projects you've been working on.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation room

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Introduced by a job agency. I started with the direct interviews (I was informed there would be around 3 rounds of interviews, but I just did the first one and haven't got the feedback yet). The first interview was completely technical - sorry details of the questions couldn't be provided as I've promised the interviewers. However they were about calculus, probablility, stocastic differenctial equation (mainly about the BS model), modelling (didn't have to be a specific language) and related finance. They started from an easy question in each aspect and increased the difficulties as you progressed, but hints would be provided friendly.

Whole process was 1hour + 15 mins of the questions for the interviewers.

Very friendly discussions throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can't provide details, but some questions might take a while to solve if you are weak in any aspect (maths, modelling, finance), but as mentioned, they provide friendly hints.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

On campus interview, then super day in Charlotte, there I did one case study and 4 interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2012.

some behavior questions, like "walk through your resume"

and some brain teaser questions. I do not do very well at the beginning since I am kind of nervous.

I have done something in the financial data mining, therefore the recruiter ask me some details on it.

Interview Questions
    • Given a triangle, you know the lengths of two sides (6 and 8), what is the probability that the third side is between 3 and 10? (three sides are all integer)   View Answers (6)

Quantitative Analyst Interview

First, we were interviewed at our university, mainly discussed the resume.. Later called to Charlotte for the final round of interviews.
    Had an evening to network with the bosses and previous QMAP students who would be interviewing the next day.
    The final day started with a presentation where you had to make a decision to invest in a project/not. in a group of 5, they selected the students such that roughly half were for, others against. ( we were given the case study for the presentation a week in advance, so individual presentations were ready, but as a group needed to select a decision and make it up in an hour).

This was followed by 2 technical and 2 HR interviews. the tech was mostly from the resume, they want to know if u have handled large data sets before, along with good statistics experience. The HR interviews were not that easy, be prepared for them (a sample may be available online)

Hope this helps, all the best!

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

BoA came to our school to recruit QMAP analysts. It was a half an hour one-on-one interview, and besides asking the standard behavioral questions, such as why BoA, why QMAP, she also asked many statistics questions, based on the classes I have taken. She asked me to explain some definitions and describe a project I worked on in one of my stats classes. She was very tough and asked many hard questions. I was not expecting that many technical questions for the first round.