Bank of America

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.0

Entry Level Account Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

I applied for the position on a Monday and was immediately contacted by one of the HR directors within 2 days. I was obviously excited about it. They scheduled me for the following day for an initial interview. When I arrived I was greeted by one of the HR directors in the lobby who made me feel very comfortable in a situation where I didn't know what to expect. After waiting for about 10 minutes I was then called back into the manager Sers Sterlin's office and was instantly impressed with his professionalism and his always win mentality. We discussed different characteristics about individuals and what it takes to really succeed in the position. He said the purpose of the preliminary interview was to determine if I was an individual that management would like to invest time and resources in. I was offered an invitation for a second round interview. During the second round interview, it was conducted by one of the Sr. Account Managers and they broke the position down to me in more detail. We got along very well and made me feel comfortable during the process. He said that compensation is determined by the effort I apply in the position. The fact that it is merit based meant that I would be rewarded by the hard work I put in. I was thoroughly impressed with the second round interview and when that was concluded they informed me they would review my interview process with management and get back to me with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What were some of my short and long term goals?   View Answer

Summer Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online via campus portal. Got invited for one-on-one on-campus interviews with 2 VP's, both about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • How would you decide whether you should give a loan to a company?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

First, you have to pass the application process they give you. There are timed assessments having to do with typical bank procedure. Then, once you do well enough on that, someone will call you and schedule an interview. They start by doing a group interview with other candidates. They ask mostly personality and experience questions. It is used to basically get a feel of how you would operate in that environment. I thought I had done very well, as my interactions with the other candidates as well as my answers to the questions asked of me in the group setting garnered a lot of positive feedback. After the interview, they call you back and you think you are hired. So your profile is placed in the hands of someone who's responsibility it is to provide branches with candidates to fill open positions. However, you quickly learn that there usually aren't as many openings as there are candidates. In fact, they had filled the position I applied for BEFORE I even had my interview. So what eventually happens is this agonizing period of limbo where you are "hired" yet they are looking for branches that meet your preferences. Once a branch shows interest, you go to the individual branch to do an interview, and there are probably at least 6 or 7 people vying for that position there as well. I turned down another offer because I thought I had landed this job and I was given the runaround for almost 2 months. They STILL havent gotten back to me, and sometimes you cant even get in touch with the individual in charge of delegating candidates and placing them in open branch positions. I cut my losses and searched for employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Bank of America vs other branches and how does it relate to what you want to do as a career?   Answer Question