Bank of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sale and Service Specialist Interview

Sale and Service Specialist
Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was already a teller, so the manager already knew me before the interview process. However, during the "round table" interview, I was interviewed by him as well as several higher-ups. They will ask some technical questions to gauge skill, but mostly they want to know how comfortable you are with people and whether or not you have energy and a naturally friendly personality. If you can think of a joke that relates (and doesn't insult banks), that will help show them you're outgoing and have good humor.

Interview Questions

• "When have you made a mistake, and what did you do to fix it?"   Answer Question
  • "What would you do if you had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor?"   Answer Question

Lady Lake, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2013.

Interview Details – Almost entirely completed over the phone with a single, in-person interview being the deciding factor.

Interview Question – What is your biggest skill gap?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation whatsoever, they give you a figure and you can either take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Naples, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly easy. I submitted my application online. Received an email to do an online assessment. Based on the responses in my online assessment I was selected to move further in the interview process. Received a call the next day from a VP Corporate Recruiter. We proceeded in a/an brief over the phone interview. Basics questions. Be prepared to talk about prior work experience and any sales experience you have. At the end of the interview I was asked about doing a/an in-person interview with the Consumer Market Manager the very next day. I was unable to attend so I rescheduled. I ended up doing a/an in-person interview with the VP/Banking Center Manager with the Consumer Market Manager on the phone. Overall the interview was fairly easy. Be prepared to role play selling a particular product. I sold a credit card, very easy item. Make sure to build rapport during the role play, ask qualifying question, sell products based on clients need during the role play. Basically that is the part that would be hard. Other than that be yourself. To be honest personality is what will get you the job not only sales. If you are not able to hold a conversation with a complete stranger and act like you have known them for years then this may not be the job for you. At the end of the interview make sure to ask questions. They love it when people are interested in the history of the bank or ask what other career paths have they seen people in this position lead to. About 2 hours after the interview I received a call from my recruiter saying they would like to offer me the job. Next day I received an official job offer letter via email. Now on to the New Hire Phase.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not really much negotiation. The better you perform during the interview the more they will pay. I was offered the max.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales and Service Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Apply online, receive a call from a recruiter for a group interview, after successfully going through the group interview you get a face-to-face with a bank manager and then you're hired.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your former employee?   Answer Question

Sales and Service Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2013.

Interview Details – As a rehire after a one and a half year absence, I only had the basic application, skipped the personality test and group interview, had an interview with the branch manager then a final interview with a CSM. Process took a total of 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What has your experience over your break from Bank of America taught you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was when I previously applied as a teller but chose not to this time as I was offered more than I expected because of my experience and Bachelors Degree.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2011.

Interview Details – The process is upon the Banking Managers discretion, some make you go through 1 or 2 interviews while other do 2 or 3; and a drug test, some don't require the drug test.

Interview Question – How do you expect to be effective with the bank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from a recruiter within the week for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and was very pleasant. He was very nice and easy to talk to. I was immediately scheduled for a face to face interview where I interview with the Banking Center Manager and her Assistant Manager. They asked basic interview questions and I really liked them both!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   View Answer

Sales and Service Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – First, apply through the website. You will then receive in your email an electronic test assessing your cash handling and risk assessment skills. Complete this test in one go, or you will have a great challenge getting through to anyone in HR who can let you back into the test again. If you pass the test, you will go through a phone interview with a HR representative who works from their home. After you have passed this screening, you will meet with a manager (either of the banking center to which you applied, or the banking center that will train you) for an interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in a few years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR informs you by phone and email that you have been offered a position. The salary they offer you is non-negotiable and often well below what you may expect. Asking for more may actually offend the HR representative. I have heard from female associates that asking for more money almost universally results in push-back.

El Paso, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviwing Process was wonderful. Received an excellent service from the recuirter and support from my at that time future banking center. Emails and calls were all the time prompt. Once I had the interview with the banking center they called the day after to let me know the decision. The recruiter made sure I understood everything.

Interview Question – My starting position was as a teller so the interview was very traditional. They asked for cases, my worst situation, they were concentrated on my personality. The were very proactive for all my extracurricular activities I had at that time. School is something BCM's are not that flexible, you have to keep an open mind with that. But the pay is well well worth it   Answer Question

Jonesboro, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was about 4 steps long, met with manager for final interview to get the job.

Interview Question – What kind of tree would you be?....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. accepted offer.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!