Bank of America Sales and Service Specialist Interview Questions

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sale and Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

I was already a teller, so the manager already knew me before the interview process. However, during the "round table" interview, I was interviewed by him as well as several higher-ups. They will ask some technical questions to gauge skill, but mostly they want to know how comfortable you are with people and whether or not you have energy and a naturally friendly personality. If you can think of a joke that relates (and doesn't insult banks), that will help show them you're outgoing and have good humor.

Interview Questions
  • "When have you made a mistake, and what did you do to fix it?"   Answer Question
  • "What would you do if you had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

The interview process is fairly easy. I submitted my application online. Received an email to do an online assessment. Based on the responses in my online assessment I was selected to move further in the interview process. Received a call the next day from a VP Corporate Recruiter. We proceeded in a/an brief over the phone interview. Basics questions. Be prepared to talk about prior work experience and any sales experience you have. At the end of the interview I was asked about doing a/an in-person interview with the Consumer Market Manager the very next day. I was unable to attend so I rescheduled. I ended up doing a/an in-person interview with the VP/Banking Center Manager with the Consumer Market Manager on the phone. Overall the interview was fairly easy. Be prepared to role play selling a particular product. I sold a credit card, very easy item. Make sure to build rapport during the role play, ask qualifying question, sell products based on clients need during the role play. Basically that is the part that would be hard. Other than that be yourself. To be honest personality is what will get you the job not only sales. If you are not able to hold a conversation with a complete stranger and act like you have known them for years then this may not be the job for you. At the end of the interview make sure to ask questions. They love it when people are interested in the history of the bank or ask what other career paths have they seen people in this position lead to. About 2 hours after the interview I received a call from my recruiter saying they would like to offer me the job. Next day I received an official job offer letter via email. Now on to the New Hire Phase.

Interview Questions
    Not really much negotiation. The better you perform during the interview the more they will pay. I was offered the max.

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Apply online, receive a call from a recruiter for a group interview, after successfully going through the group interview you get a face-to-face with a bank manager and then you're hired.

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in December 2013.

As a rehire after a one and a half year absence, I only had the basic application, skipped the personality test and group interview, had an interview with the branch manager then a final interview with a CSM. Process took a total of 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What has your experience over your break from Bank of America taught you?   Answer Question
    I was when I previously applied as a teller but chose not to this time as I was offered more than I expected because of my experience and Bachelors Degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Applied online and received a call from a recruiter within the week for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and was very pleasant. He was very nice and easy to talk to. I was immediately scheduled for a face to face interview where I interview with the Banking Center Manager and her Assistant Manager. They asked basic interview questions and I really liked them both!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lady Lake, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lady Lake, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2013.

Almost entirely completed over the phone with a single, in-person interview being the deciding factor.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation whatsoever, they give you a figure and you can either take it or leave it.

Sales and Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

First, apply through the website. You will then receive in your email an electronic test assessing your cash handling and risk assessment skills. Complete this test in one go, or you will have a great challenge getting through to anyone in HR who can let you back into the test again. If you pass the test, you will go through a phone interview with a HR representative who works from their home. After you have passed this screening, you will meet with a manager (either of the banking center to which you applied, or the banking center that will train you) for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in a few years?   View Answer
    HR informs you by phone and email that you have been offered a position. The salary they offer you is non-negotiable and often well below what you may expect. Asking for more may actually offend the HR representative. I have heard from female associates that asking for more money almost universally results in push-back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2012.

Communication was good but I live in NY and the recruiter was in CA so the time difference was strange becuase they called at 8 at night. The recruiter provided good feedback and scheduled 1:1 interview quickly. Interview was good, interviewed with 2 people. Was keep well informed during process.

Interview Questions
    • What challengers do you see yourself facing?   Answer Question
    • Describe an incident where you had an upset/problematic customer and you turned the situation around to make them happy and feel like their issue was resolved   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

>I applied for the Sales and Specialist Position online and was prompted to do a skill and personality test.
    >recruiter at the head quarters called me and scheduled me for a phone interview with the local recruiter.
    >passed the phone interview and was invited to a 1:1 interview with the branch manager
    >2 days after the interview I was called by another recruiter stating that they are doing the employment verification, background check i assume. he stated that I would get a call from the recruiter the next day or two.
    > i never get the call. It has been a 8 days since my interview.

Preparation tips:
    A lot of questions stated on this website DID came up. I was super prepared and the interviewers were a pleasure to deal with. My 1:1 interview lasted 50 minutes and i walked out confident that I got the job. however, it seems like there were someone who did even better.I believe that all candidates chosen have similar qualifications. 1:1 is where your personality really counts. good luck on your interview, certainly be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

I was contacted by a very professional recruiter after approximately a week of application. She performed a preliminary interview. Why B of A? My future goals? Previous job experience. Then she addressed the availability and salary for the position and set up 1 on 1 interview at my convenience. The one on one was as to be expected with question range. One word to describe yourself. A time I worked in a group setting. A problem at work that I had and how did I work through it. etc.

The people are good depending on what center you are at. Sales are required. It is what you make it! Be you, bubbly, personable, professional and you will come aboard.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time I worked in a group setting and what role did I play?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that I worked with a difficult customer and how did I respond..what was the end result.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation. I was told the salary and I took it. I was reasonable enough for me living in Arkansas childless. Negotiations are a more normal process with higher level jobs.