Bank of America

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very detail-oriented in verifying your qualifications for a position. Checked out every detail of your resume'--no matter how small. Dealt mainly with HR rep, who was very nice.

Negotiation Details – Not difficult.

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Hiring process was quick. It seems like everyone hired is through employee referral or a contractor. Met with manager, three days later had offer working for that manager.

Interview Question – What is your experience in Credit Risk? (Very general and tough for someone out of college)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. It was here is what you get, take or leave it. It was 2011 so not the best time to negotiate and a hiring freeze took place two weeks after.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews, first phone and second in person. Simple questions on subject matter and processes.

Interview Question – Business analyss and requirement gathering process and previouse experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled through an agency in Woburn, MA. I met with a Senior VP regarding this position. During our initial conversation we discussed, very informally, my education, past positions, and goals for my career. When I asked about the VP's experience, management style, and education.

Interview Question – The VP asked about past experience with difficult managers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was made on the spot and I began work within two weeks.

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – The inital interview was conducted via phone. The recruiting manager at the time was very personable and provided full information of what the position entailed. No more than two days later, i received instructions regarding the background / drug test process. Passed, no worries there. Two days later, I received the call for the one on one interview with the person who ulitmately became my first manager. My inital perception of him at the time was that of a strct boss, however that couldnt be farther from the truth during and after the interview. Over the course of the process, he gave me a tour of the work area, and I had a chance to meet with the people and get a pulse-check of the work environment in general. The area during the time was pretty quiet for the most part. However he mentioned that they do have company outings from time to time for team building/morale boosting. Overall, outside of the standard questions regarding Workforce Management, the interview went great!

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your toughest time working in this particular environment?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when (or If) you had a issue with a fellow co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate based on my prior experience working in various roles within Workforce Management. A BIG plus for potential candidates is to have a skillset(s) that are viable and Always try to find out what you can do to enhance the potential company's business needs.

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was one of the best interviews I had at BoA. I had 2 interviews and both of them with senior members of the department and with solid functional and Technology experience behind them, I've really enjoyed the interview not because they have asked me the questions for which I know the answers, but it was their style of interview. The one good thing in my interview was it was a perfect fit so it was easy for both parties

Interview Question – Cross currency trading process? difference between repo and buy/sell back   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process was quick for a large company. I had phone and 1:1 interviews with a senior VP, my direct manager and a peer. I would have asked to talk to other members of the team that I would be working with in order to make a fully informed decision. The people are good and the work culture is like any other investment bank. Only item worth mentioning is that the employees see themselves through the BofA or ML prisms. This can be seen through their work attitudes.

Interview Question – How should priorities be set in a project?   View Answer

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!