Bank of America Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Very difficult to get an interview as they have many layers in Human Resources. Started with phone interview and then if accepted invited to an in-person interview. Interviews were conducted by the manager and direct reports and consisted of a variety of technical questions. No employment tests were required. The process moved along quickly after initial interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Depended on the individual asking the questions, but some questions were related to the job requirements and some were in left field, but I did get the job.   Answer Question
A call from Human Resources presenting the salary, vacation time, job title and start date. I accepted the offer based on the conversation.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Senior Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

phone call from multiple developers/managers. Very poor indian english with questions that are not related to the position. They wont tell you what they are looking for and how you feel about the position. It took them about an hour to interview me and I had the feeling that they were looking for something I dont know. Finally they found Linq after telling them that I have no linq experience they still kept asking 5-6 questions about linq. Very poor interviewing skills.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America.

1) on-campus interview, with all questions based on resume
    2) on site interview consisted of 5 interviews, each of which is 30 mins. Some of the interviewers asked easy tech questions, most of them ask behavioral questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Had a phone screen with a back office product. The first phone screen was scheduled and the interviewer called me 1 hour late so I rescheduled. The second phone screen happened 2 days later and on time. The interviewer was unprepared and did not even know the questions he was talking about. He asked me what I knew about certain frameworks and had me describe problems that he could not verbalize.

After 2 days I was passed bye due to the fact that they wanted junior resources.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult technical questions, I just don't think the interviewer wanted to interview me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2012.

2 Phone interviews followed by 2 face to face.
    Very good team.
    Very challenging questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design the security system for a banking transaction system.   Answer Question

Got a parallel offer from another company that was in software.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Three rounds of Technical interview.First round would be mainly on the basics and Next round would be based on the deeper into the tech details .Last round would be the manager round.After that HR would contact me about the other details.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2009.

Two rounds of telephonic technical interview, one from offshore and another one from Onsite people

Interview Questions
    Since it is contract position unable to negotiate much.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

They have verify few openings now. some of the questions are basically from java FAQ's.
    Shoudn't be tough for one who has decent Java experience.

Interview Questions
    • Java Threads & Garbage collection questions are most interesting questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2009.

First couple of interviews consisted of questions around C++ and multithreading.
    Then there were questions related to banking business. Also discussed bonuses and compensation, which are still pretty good.

Interview Questions
    An offer mostly depends on a business part of a position. The better you're at the business part the better your offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2008.

The First round was a telephonic round it was not very difficult and second one was a VC round

Interview Questions

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!