Bank of America

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Very difficult to get an interview as they have many layers in Human Resources. Started with phone interview and then if accepted invited to an in-person interview. Interviews were conducted by the manager and direct reports and consisted of a variety of technical questions. No employment tests were required. The process moved along quickly after initial interviews.

Interview Question – Depended on the individual asking the questions, but some questions were related to the job requirements and some were in left field, but I did get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A call from Human Resources presenting the salary, vacation time, job title and start date. I accepted the offer based on the conversation.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – phone call from multiple developers/managers. Very poor indian english with questions that are not related to the position. They wont tell you what they are looking for and how you feel about the position. It took them about an hour to interview me and I had the feeling that they were looking for something I dont know. Finally they found Linq after telling them that I have no linq experience they still kept asking 5-6 questions about linq. Very poor interviewing skills.

Interview Question – something linq   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – 1) on-campus interview, with all questions based on resume
2) on site interview consisted of 5 interviews, each of which is 30 mins. Some of the interviewers asked easy tech questions, most of them ask behavioral questions

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone screen with a back office product. The first phone screen was scheduled and the interviewer called me 1 hour late so I rescheduled. The second phone screen happened 2 days later and on time. The interviewer was unprepared and did not even know the questions he was talking about. He asked me what I knew about certain frameworks and had me describe problems that he could not verbalize.

After 2 days I was passed bye due to the fact that they wanted junior resources.

Interview Question – No difficult technical questions, I just don't think the interviewer wanted to interview me.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2012.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews followed by 2 face to face.
Very good team.
Very challenging questions.

Interview Question – How would you design the security system for a banking transaction system.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a parallel offer from another company that was in software.

Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2009.

Interview Details – Two rounds of telephonic technical interview, one from offshore and another one from Onsite people

Interview Question – Investment Banking terms   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it is contract position unable to negotiate much.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview Details – They have verify few openings now. some of the questions are basically from java FAQ's.
Shoudn't be tough for one who has decent Java experience.

Interview Question – Java Threads & Garbage collection questions are most interesting questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2009.

Interview Details – First couple of interviews consisted of questions around C++ and multithreading.
Then there were questions related to banking business. Also discussed bonuses and compensation, which are still pretty good.

Interview Question – Exception handling in c++   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer mostly depends on a business part of a position. The better you're at the business part the better your offer.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2008.

Interview Details – The First round was a telephonic round it was not very difficult and second one was a VC round

Interview Question – SFDC Integration, VF Pages , Best Practices ect   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2011.

Interview Details – First I had an Telephonic interview.It was pretty simple.Then I was called in for Face to Face interview. The panel was not very competent on Automation Testing. Cleared the interview comfortably.

Interview Question – none, all very very easy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Interview with HR for negotiation was a painful experience. After 1.5 hr of talk was able to get Rs30k more than the other offer I had in hand... Not a very skill based organization. Very monotomus work,,,

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.