Bank of America Interview Questions in Singapore

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

Group exercise
    The hiring process at BofA has changed in recent years since the acquisition of Merrill Lynch. Bank of America accepts applicants from a variety of degree backgrounds, however applicants to Technology should come from a Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering background, and mathematical, technical and business skills are highly valued for other roles. Most analyst positions require a 2:1 degree classification. Relevant work experience and foreign languages are also an advantage.

Industrial Attachment - Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

First round was a HR interview, it was simple, mainly questions about yourself like your greatest achievement.
    Second round was the assessment centre and it consisted of a group round, a short presentation and finally an interview with 2 employees.
    The group round was fun, it was a team of 5 others and myself trying to piece together a lego structure with only 3 chances of viewing for 10 seconds per chance and then communicating it to the group to piece it altogether.
    The presentation was fairly easy for me as well something to do with how can a company retain staff.
    Then last round was an interview with 2 other employees which was okay, the questions posed were mainly behavioural, competency based.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The interview process and questions varies from team and team. The team I joined comprised of very technical people and the quality of interview questions was very good. All the questions were scenario based and not about remembering some API. Though I was asked to write code.

Interview Questions
    • Implementation of highly concurrent, low latency price distribution system   Answer Question

Industrial Attachment - Tech Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

I was overseas on an international student exchange while the recruitment process was happening for the IA program.

The process for me was:
    1. Completed the online application and passed all the necessary online tests.
    2. Received an email from the Campus HR team for two phone interviews with two different departments who were interested in hiring me.
    3. Talked to and was interviewed by both hiring managers from both departments.
    4. Both departments wanted to hire me, so I was given the option to choose either one.
    5. I chose one of them and a formal offer and other documentation were sent through email.
    6. Arrive back in Singapore and start on the agreed first day of work.

Interview Questions
    • Most were competency-based questions. The same ones as you would get from other banks or financial services interview. Lots of focus on leadership, teamwork, initiatives, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase for internship positions. All interns within the same department received the same amount of salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2013.

2 rounds of Interview;
    First is a group assessment to play LEGO with a team;
    Second round is 2 interviews (2 on 1) with senior people in banks

Interview Questions
    • Competency-based questions like tell me a time when you face difficulty in meeting a deadline of a project in school or work   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2012.

initial numerical competency and verbal reasoning tests, waited 2 months before getting first email to schedule a phone interview. phone interview lasted 30 min, passed that, got called up for first round face-to-face interview. interviewed by panel of 4. after which, got called for final round MD 1-v-1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • In 20 seconds tell me the number of Petrol Stations/Kiosks in Singapore. Go.   Answer Question
    • What are some of BAML's main problems currently and what would you do to solve them?   Answer Question
    minimal negotiation. internship application.

Summer Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

A simple phone interview to ask about why you wanna join and why that particular job.
    Then an assessment day which includes a case study to analyse how you work in a group.
    followed by a panel interview which was more about what you have on your resume and about yourself rather than competency based.

Assistant Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Fair and relevant

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2009.

Interview process begin if you best seen to be matched with vast experience and exposure to the Large environment Technology Environment if you looking opportunity in the Technology area then it goes to the Hiring manager to match your experience with the Job roles and responsibility and let HR inform the candidate ...Then Large chances to have Round with the Local Manager or Lead which will analyze the candidate capabilities on the Communication skills and the Technology area/skills ..
    Then it goes with second round with the Functional manager or senior Management who basically look at candidate behaviour and how would he be able to contribute more on individual contributor or team ..

Then rest of the topic goes on the compensation between the senior manager and HR...then rest follow as other companies

not much