Bank of America

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial HR Phone interview followed by Technical Phone interview and Face to face.
Technical interviews were standard web programming questions, with hiring manager, developer and senior manager. HR was very professional and did a good job with follow up and keeping me informed of status.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult of unexpected - questions were ad hoc based on where the conversation went. Asked to explain design of recent system worked on.   Answer Question

Charlotte, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. First one a coding written test. A phone interview about design patterns. On sight interview. first group ask about SQL (join) and databases. The second group gave me Coding assignments (finding errors in a code, writing a code to reverse a string, tell what a certain code is doing), last part was a software design task about a project.

Interview Question – design a calculator that does addition, multiplication, etc...add a scientific and statistics calculators.   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen, software coding problems followed by an in-person technical interview. Technical interview wasn't hard and they understood that you might not have experience in all of the areas covered.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a contractor and needing a job, I didn't ask for much. Base salary I asked for was at or below market average.

Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter for open position, went to Newark a few weeks later for an in person interview. First met by HR rep whom explained what to expect working at BOA as well as benefits associated with the position. Next I was taken to three separate interviews, each lasting about 30 minutes. First was a "Cultural Interview" which I was asked a few behavioral questions, then a "Technical Interview" in which the hiring manager explained about the position in detail. Lastly was a "Whiteboard Session" in which you are asked to draw a high level design of a project you have recently worked on. Overall the interview went great, but the lack of communication after the interview was severe. I was first told that they had moved on, then later brought back to Newark for a second interview. The second interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and was a complete waste of time. Weeks went by and I never heard a thing from BOA. The phrase "wishy washy" comes to mind when summing up this experience.

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – There are five one and one interviews in the final round. Each of them is 30 minutes. The questions are combined with both technical and behavioral.

Interview Question – The questions are related to database and website application knowledge. They are not unexpected and I also think I answered them well.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got interview call from University recruiting. The interview was of around 45 minutes and it was fairly easy. The interviewer had a set of questions and she asked from those only. Noted down the answers as I answered.

Hopewell, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Interview Details – Submit application through recruiter. Got phone interview. The manager provided a conference number to call in there his team were in a room. They took term to ask questions.

Interview Question – How to deal with double hop authentication issue?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one interview where I met the hiring manager and 2 techies

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer.

Jersey City, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview had very technical java and related questions. Too technical, sometimes requiring a lot of deep questions instead of a higher level logic.

Interview Question – How does lazy initialization work for subclasses in Hibernate.   Answer Question

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

Interview Details – The position was in Tokyo (Japan) office. I went there, and spent the afternoon doing interviews with 4-5 persons (with each a different nationality), answering tests about Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics.

Interview Question – An interviewer pretended to be a trader, shouting "WHY IS THE NUMBER ON MY SCREEN 2 WHEN IT SHOULD BE 3!! FIX IT NOW!!", to study my reaction. That was surprising.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!