Bank of America

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

I had applied for their internship position in Texas. BofA came to our campus for internship interviews. It was a really pleasant experience interviewing with them. I had only one round of interview for internships. There were two people who interviewed me (group interview).

Interview Questions
  • There were lot of questions during their interview. There wasn't a coding part to the interview. Questions ranged from computer networks, operating systems, SQL, C/C++ concepts, Java concepts, Big-O notation for several problems etc..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

Campus interview: Two people teams took the interview of separate chosen candidates. The questions ranged from simple HR or behavioral questions to technical and coding based questions. The rounds lasted 30 to 40 minutes for each candidate. The technical questions were mostly regarding sorting, searching, and string algorithms. For some candidates, they asked to sketch up a block diagram for JVM, Android architecture and so on. They focus on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Sorting a large amount of words (10 GB), with small amount of memory (2 GB)   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

one phone interview and one onsite interview. The whole process takes 2 weeks. The phone interview takes 25 minutes, basically just go through resume and some basic questions. During onsite, I have 6 interviewers one-on-one for onsite, each takes 30 minutes. The routine is first personal questions based on resume, then some tech questions.

Interview Questions
    • This position basically requires Python and SQL. The interview questions are fairly simple, but includes all the topics.   Answer Question
    • Remove duplicated char within a String   View Answer
    • select only duplicated rows from specific table.   View Answer
    • difference between self join, left join, right join, outer join   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

2 Rounds of technical interview on .Net and Oracle, followed by a Management round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

Originally hired on a 6 month contract-to-hire. Offered full time position after 6 months. I just had a phone interview with my first manager.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to provide detailed info about my experiences with Java / Corba   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

First round on campus. He asked me some questions about my project and about Java. Then he asked me write code to find the subset of an array with the largest sum. Questions are not very difficult

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

On-campus interview with a kind interviewer. The questions are basic concept question about Java and OOP, and also regular SQL questions.

Interview Questions
    • Student, course and registration. You want to join but keep at least one line for each student and course   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

I am a contractor on an H-1B visa. I got this assignment through a consulting company who acts as a sub- to another company who acts as a sub- to the main vendor (Cap Gemini) to BoA. My employer found e from Dice. There were the usual tech interviews (on phone) at each level that lasted about 20 minutes each. I met in person with my direct employer's recruiter in new Jersey. I never met anyone from BoA in person till I started working.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you were out of work for 8 months?   View Answer
    Tough. The market is very competitive, especially for H-1B holders. I am getting the same hourly rate working in NYC that I was getting in NJ two years back. So two more hours spent in commuting but no equivalent increase in pay.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

The interviewer was generous and friendly. He gave an intro about his company and what kind of work they do on a daily basis. He asked questions on my previous projects and some questions regarding my current courses that are taken. Expect to see some Python and Unix (bash) questions as they primarily use Python to do their code work. Some departments may use different language like Java and C++, but my department used primarily Python.