Bank of America

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – one phone interview and one onsite interview. The whole process takes 2 weeks. The phone interview takes 25 minutes, basically just go through resume and some basic questions. During onsite, I have 6 interviewers one-on-one for onsite, each takes 30 minutes. The routine is first personal questions based on resume, then some tech questions.

Interview Questions

• This position basically requires Python and SQL. The interview questions are fairly simple, but includes all the topics.   Answer Question
  • Remove duplicated char within a String   View Answer
  • select only duplicated rows from specific table.   View Answer
  • difference between self join, left join, right join, outer join   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of technical interview on .Net and Oracle, followed by a Management round.

Interview Question – I am a Dog lover, sell me a Cat.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Ask me questions about software development life cycle.

Interview Question – easy   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Originally hired on a 6 month contract-to-hire. Offered full time position after 6 months. I just had a phone interview with my first manager.

Interview Question – Asked to provide detailed info about my experiences with Java / Corba   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details – First round on campus. He asked me some questions about my project and about Java. Then he asked me write code to find the subset of an array with the largest sum. Questions are not very difficult

Interview Question – No very difficult question   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – On-campus interview with a kind interviewer. The questions are basic concept question about Java and OOP, and also regular SQL questions.

Interview Question – Student, course and registration. You want to join but keep at least one line for each student and course   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – I am a contractor on an H-1B visa. I got this assignment through a consulting company who acts as a sub- to another company who acts as a sub- to the main vendor (Cap Gemini) to BoA. My employer found e from Dice. There were the usual tech interviews (on phone) at each level that lasted about 20 minutes each. I met in person with my direct employer's recruiter in new Jersey. I never met anyone from BoA in person till I started working.

Interview Question – What did you do when you were out of work for 8 months?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tough. The market is very competitive, especially for H-1B holders. I am getting the same hourly rate working in NYC that I was getting in NJ two years back. So two more hours spent in commuting but no equivalent increase in pay.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer was generous and friendly. He gave an intro about his company and what kind of work they do on a daily basis. He asked questions on my previous projects and some questions regarding my current courses that are taken. Expect to see some Python and Unix (bash) questions as they primarily use Python to do their code work. Some departments may use different language like Java and C++, but my department used primarily Python.

Vellore (India)

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Campus Hiring, pretty simple and expected.
Aptitude, Aptitude round 2, PI mostly HR.

Interview Question – Why do you want a job when your father has a business?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer 1 month before joining as i decided to continue education

Very Easy Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apti was very simple. but when the interview process started we realized that they were interested in only top 15 members only.
they took lenghty interview with the first few members and they were convincing every candidate that u shuldnt do the job,this job is not like programming.
they were just looking for students who can do just few clicks on screen (which is dam boring if u are doing it for months) and still stays in the company for years.

Interview Question – Why people use Linux OS?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.