Bank of America

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Initial interview with two managing directors. Followed by another round with two more separate interviews (VP and President). Questions were straight forward and behavioral, not technical. Most technical was "do you understand what our group does?"

Interview Question – None in particular, possibly "why you?"   Answer Question

Pennington, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Interview Details – I actually got this opportunity through alumni and had one phone interview and final round.

Interview Question – How does my experience or strength benefit BOA GWIM? Typically operation side.   Answer Question

Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer didn't really respect. He was playing his phone while I'm working on solving the problems.

Interview Question – Print all the prime numbers from 1-100   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – Through university, flown out for Super Day last month - have yet to hear back...

Interview Question – What is duration and convexity of a bond?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – I had an interview for the Bank of America Summer Analyst Program with the Business Capital group. It started with typical behavioral questions and transitioned into technical accounting questions. Specifically, Cash Flow Analysis and Leveraged Buy-Outs.

Interview Question – Explain how ten dollars of depreciation on a current asset effects all financial statements.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – First round via phone. Mainly technical questions with two or three fit questions in the end.
Got flown out to SF the day after for final round. Final round was balanced between technical and fit. If you are looking into particular industries, do your research!

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2011.

Interview Details – Generally tailored to the position you are applying for. For trading it is basic why trading, why BofAML, easy probability and (if applicable) light options.

Interview Question – Had to price a one period binomial model call option, given an up factor, down factor, spot, strike and risk free rate.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of interviewing, the first with the Tech group in SF, then another with the Real Estate group. Then the offer was extended.

Interview Question – Walk us through how the financials are connected, etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2013.

Interview Details – First I got a phone call,the questions were mostly behavioral based. They asked me to come in the next day where I met with two VP's. They asked me a few very light finance questions and if I knew Macros in excel. It was very laid back and relaxed. I got a call the week with an offer.

Interview Question – Do you know how to write macros in excel?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Submitted through the online portal --> two phone interviews --> three in-person interviews in NYC

Interview Question – Cosolidation accounting   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.