Bank of America Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

First applied via university career service then got email about first round of interview, talked to some represrntatives of BoA, got another email about final round in Charlotte ,Three interviews in the final rounds

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America.

First there was a 30 minute interview on campus. Then I was invited to a super day at the office where I would be working. Was flown out and put up in a hotel then spent about 3 hours in the office consisting of 5 30-minute interviews with 6 people. Overall it was a pretty typical and average process for banking. Everyone was really nice and I found the interviews to be less technical than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm a high schooler visiting your school, teach me one important concept or thing that you've learned in your finance or econ classes.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

Applied through university career services and received interview invitation after two weeks. Interview was a one on one interview. It was one simple programming logic question and the others were simple resume screening and background questions. Make sure that you know your resume well and have something to say about each point because the interviewer asked very specific things. I was not invited for the second round interview because I told the recruiter I had a pending offer, even though I was willing to ask for an extension.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through college, heard back in 3 days that I got a on-campus interview the following week. It was mostly random questions, not even related to investment banking, market or my previous internship. Initially I thought that's probably just because I've done nothing finance related so the interviewer chose to exclude the technical questions, but then everyone else had the more or less similar experience. The interviewer was really nice though. I felt kinda clueless during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2014.

The process took about two weeks. They initially scheduled a phone interview which was a mix of behavioral and standard technical questions. Heard back a week later for a super day, which was pretty standard, but slightly more technical than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the market independence of the four primary valuation techniques, and give mathematical evidence behind each method.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online, ultimately networked my way in and was lucky enough to advance right to a super day. Human Resources reached out to me and let me know that I had been invited and when I needed to be in Chicago. I was interviewing with about 6 or 7 other kids and interviews consisted of 5 1 on 1 interviews and 2 2 on 1 interviews. Everyone was very nice and helpful throughout the process. Was put on hold and ultimately did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard technicals (DCF, WACC, Comps, Basic Accounting), Really focused on fit and general market news.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Initial interview with two managing directors. Followed by another round with two more separate interviews (VP and President). Questions were straight forward and behavioral, not technical. Most technical was "do you understand what our group does?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

I actually got this opportunity through alumni and had one phone interview and final round.

Interview Questions
    • How does my experience or strength benefit BOA GWIM? Typically operation side.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I had an interview for the Bank of America Summer Analyst Program with the Business Capital group. It started with typical behavioral questions and transitioned into technical accounting questions. Specifically, Cash Flow Analysis and Leveraged Buy-Outs.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how ten dollars of depreciation on a current asset effects all financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

First round via phone. Mainly technical questions with two or three fit questions in the end.
    Got flown out to SF the day after for final round. Final round was balanced between technical and fit. If you are looking into particular industries, do your research!