Bank of America

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.4

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied through college, heard back in 3 days that I got a on-campus interview the following week. It was mostly random questions, not even related to investment banking, market or my previous internship. Initially I thought that's probably just because I've done nothing finance related so the interviewer chose to exclude the technical questions, but then everyone else had the more or less similar experience. The interviewer was really nice though. I felt kinda clueless during the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in November 2014.

The process took about two weeks. They initially scheduled a phone interview which was a mix of behavioral and standard technical questions. Heard back a week later for a super day, which was pretty standard, but slightly more technical than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the market independence of the four primary valuation techniques, and give mathematical evidence behind each method.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online, ultimately networked my way in and was lucky enough to advance right to a super day. Human Resources reached out to me and let me know that I had been invited and when I needed to be in Chicago. I was interviewing with about 6 or 7 other kids and interviews consisted of 5 1 on 1 interviews and 2 2 on 1 interviews. Everyone was very nice and helpful throughout the process. Was put on hold and ultimately did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard technicals (DCF, WACC, Comps, Basic Accounting), Really focused on fit and general market news.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Initial interview with two managing directors. Followed by another round with two more separate interviews (VP and President). Questions were straight forward and behavioral, not technical. Most technical was "do you understand what our group does?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

I actually got this opportunity through alumni and had one phone interview and final round.

Interview Questions
    • How does my experience or strength benefit BOA GWIM? Typically operation side.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I had an interview for the Bank of America Summer Analyst Program with the Business Capital group. It started with typical behavioral questions and transitioned into technical accounting questions. Specifically, Cash Flow Analysis and Leveraged Buy-Outs.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how ten dollars of depreciation on a current asset effects all financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

First round via phone. Mainly technical questions with two or three fit questions in the end.
    Got flown out to SF the day after for final round. Final round was balanced between technical and fit. If you are looking into particular industries, do your research!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Through university, flown out for Super Day last month - have yet to hear back...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

The interviewer didn't really respect. He was playing his phone while I'm working on solving the problems.

Summer Analyst Interview

Had 2 rounds of interviewing, the first with the Tech group in SF, then another with the Real Estate group. Then the offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • Walk us through how the financials are connected, etc.   Answer Question