Bank of America

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2010.

Interview Details – First it is a phone interview with the recruiter, if you pass that stage you will interview with the hiring manager or managers. The hiring managers wont talk about compensation they will leave that up to the recruiter. The hiring managers have the power to make the pay what they would like.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to perform corrective actions on a low performing associate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Never accept the first offer, they ofcourse can always offer you more. If they are unwilling to increase let them know they you need to think about the offer and get back with the recruiter.

Richmond, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the hiring manager, marketing team member, and 2 Team Leads in role applied for all in the same day back to back.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you were asked to accomplish a task but weren't given enough information. How did you resolve this problem?   View Answer

Saint Charles, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2011.

Interview Details – I first went to an inperson interview with the typical questions being asked. I then was taken to a testing room to complete an hour long assessment test. After that I heard back in 2 days that I passed it and they wanted me to do a 2 hour phone interview that consisted of role playing. I was told it was a recommend or not recommend. Still waiting for the call to tell me how I did. It has bee 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an underperforming employee?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time you dealt with an irrate customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone call to setup formal interview.
Met with VP - Site Leader
Took 40 min to do interview
Was offered lower position as a temp to perm so that they could asses my skills and knowledge
After 5 month was hired Perm - no additional pay was offered
Then moved into AVP Team Manager position

Interview Question – asked about knowledge and experience   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2013.

Interview Details – The written test and Interview ->
Written test- CAT Type + SQL test.
Interview- All the analytics tech. + VBA + EXCEL + SAS

Interview Question – SAS PROC GLM   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Delay from the company, I wanted to join as early as possible.

Taguig (Philippines)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process took us a month for it was a pioneer or start up here in the Philippines. I undergo five series of interviews from hr level up to the vp. There is an opportunity to improve on the staffing part and they can make the hiring process and interview process a little better so as not to take a month to give feedback to the applicant.

Interview Question – There are situational questions in which i find it a little difficult but i was able to survive.   Answer Question

Team Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Interview Details – My supervisor was looking to promote someone so it was an interview for a promotion

Negotiation Details – Just a slight increase in salary and bump in vacation and added title

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview took place for 7 days.HR round and then next day 1:1 round with the operations manager and then the next day i had to submit my documents.then i had back ground check.finally after a week all was done.

Interview Question – scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate as much as possible.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!