Bank of America Technical Analyst Interview Questions

2.0

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

I interviewed first over the phone with a technical staffing agency. I was then asked to come in for an interview with that technical staffing agency. I submitted a full application and had an interview with the recruiter. He just wanted to make sure I would be well suited for the position and also would not embarrass him by my appearance. The actual interview with BOA was easy.

Interview Questions
  • I can not remember a specific hard question. The questions were not hard and mostly about what I had been doing and why I was applying for the job. He looked at my resume and then told me about the position.   Answer Question
I got the amount per hour I wanted, which was higher than what they were paying to others.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Technical Analyst Interview

The recruiter asked general questions on my background. Then he asked me to talk about my projects in programming. Afterwards, he asks me several java OOD questions like explaining interface, inheritance, polymorphism. He also asked a few database questions like one-to-one, many-to-many relationships. Since I have done testing before, he asked me about the experience, and why testing is needed, and the test cycles.

Technical Analyst Interview

It's a first-round on campus interview. While I expected it to be more behavior, but it ended with technical.
    The interviewer first introduces the different roles and responsibility of developer and business analyst in BOA, and asked me which I would prefer. Then start the actual interview.
    Questions asked:
    1. what is object-oriented programming?
    2. what is inheritance?
    3. what is semaphore? how to deal with Deadlock?
    4. Tell me about your self.

Interview Questions
    • Expected it to be behavior, but actually more technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America.

I apply for the on campus interview and get accept. The interview is quite simple, first the interviewer introduce their group and then ask you to introduce yourself and ask about your financial background which is not required. Then two questions. One is to reverse the string and the other is write some SQL. Then you can ask some question. The whole process is around 30 mins

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

I had an on campus interview and after that I went to the insite interview. The night before my interview there was a cocktail reception to network. The next morning I had 5 interviews. In one of them I was given a scenario of a problem and had to solve that. There was a personal interview round with higher manager. All other interviews seemed easy.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was the problem senario given but other that the technical questions were doable.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

The firm was quite straightforward with motivation questions after the initial form and numerical and inductive tests. I applied close to their deadline, around middle of December and got invited to an assessment centre early January.

Assessment centre included group exercise ie role play, presentation prepared within 15-20 minutes, two or three on to one interviews focusing on motivation and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite straightforward. I made the mistake of not revising my technical knowledge before the interview.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Asked me some simple technical questions like what is foreign key, followed by some personality questions like how you handle difficult problems. Everything went well. I don't know why there was no offer.

Technical Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

I was already working for the company and the interview was with a formal colleague of mine, so my interview process was a lot more informal. I met with the hiring manager (ex-colleague and friend) and his manager. We talked about my education and previous experience and I also took a skills test just to prove my knowledge to the hiring manager's manager. Very quick and to the point.

No negotiations, it was a lateral move.

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Got the initial interview call through university career service.
    1st round: Took place on-campus. 1 : 1 interview. was asked behavioral questions and basics of c++ and sql questions. Interview Lasted for 30 minutes.
    After 2 weeks I got an email for a phone interview which was in a couple of days of the email. I booked an appointment and the interview it lasted for about half an hour. It was a purely behavioral interview, question based on resume, projects and experiences.

Final Round: Was called to Charlotte for final round. Was put up at Hilton Charlotte City center, awesome hotel and a beautiful place.. Had cocktail dinner with BOA executives. Couldnt get to eat much. Grab this opportunity to talk to as many executives as possible and make your presence felt. Most of the executives attending the dinner will be the interviewers and a couple of them will be for your panel. We were split into 2 groups and few groups had morning interviews and few in the afternoon. There are 5 students in each group who will be interviewing with the same panel.
                                 I was part of the morning group. We were taken to the breakfast followed by case study then 4 rounds of interviews.

Case Study: We were given a case on the order management system, the technicalities and difficulties associated with it. Were asked to suggest a new system which minimizes the disadvantages of the proposed system. We just had to write down our points for a 10 minute presentation which was to be given during on of your interview round. (My 1st round of interview had 2 people who asked me present my case study to them.) It was not very difficult and does need any back ground knowledge of the banking or core backing solutions. your general knowledge and common sense should help you deal with it.

4 rounds of interviews: There were mostly questions based on situations, leadership qualities, dealing with bad team mates, gaining others trust etc. I was also asked some basic technical questions on c++ concepts, SQL, SDLC models, sorting algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you exceeded the expectations of your supervisor/professor.   Answer Question
    • Describe SDLC life cycle. Explain different models like waterfall, spiral, iterative etc.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had gain another persons trust to make that person work on the project.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where your work had negative impact on the project. reasons, consequences, results.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!