Bank of America

Average Difficulty
279 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online through their website. After 2 days, they called me and did a little pre screening interview over the phone. They asked me basic questions like "Why Bank of America?" "What is your availability, and then they scheduled me to come in for a group interview the next day. The group interview had about 6 BoA employers and 12 people applying. They asked us to briefly introduce ourselves. Afterwards people were selected for 1 on 1 interviews while the rest stayed in the room and were asked "Tell us one time you left a good lasting impression on a customer." Afterwards we were informed about the selection process and what would happen next, we asked questions and then left.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in 30 seconds   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Apply online and then complete an online assessment, someone for HR department in Florida will contact you with a phone interview, then she will call back to schedule you for a face-to-face interview, your first face-to-face will be with the Banking center manager, sometimes they have a second interview with the district manager.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was called and emailed for an interview. There were probably around 15 people. All were students or recent grads with no banking experience. The interview was about three hours long and a following interview that day across town. Was told that we would hear a yes or no by the end of the week. It really happened the next week. I was disappointed because I really thought I had the job. I'm not sure what they are looking for.

Interview Question – They kept asking the same questions and us to play out scenarios over and over. By the time of the last one I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't difficult, just annoying at that point.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Received an email asking if I was interested in a group setting interview. The interview was really easy. learned so much about my self that I didn't know until I started talking about why I thought I was the perfect candidate for the position. Overall I think this has been one of the easiest interviews I have ever had.

Interview Question – When I was asked to pick an item from a bag and sell it to the other candidates in the group interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Within 2 hours I received an assessment test. After passing, 3 days later I received a call from my recruiter and she ask me a few brief questions about my previous job experience. She then scheduled me to meet the Branch Manager & Service Manager on Thursday. I received a call from my recruiter on that Tuesday and she scheduled me an over the phone interview with the Sales Manager. About an hour later I received a call from my recruiter with an offer. Took about 3-4 weeks for the entire process. Easy as pie !

Interview Question – How are you with working with a team ?   Answer Question

Shoreline, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back in about a week. They had me go through a couple really chill group interviews and finally a one-on-one interview. They asked pretty basic questions like why BoA? Where do you see yourself in five years? How does previous experience relate to this position?

Interview Question – Before a group interview, we were told that there would be a sales-exercise at the end, but no more than that. In the end, we were asked to get them interested in purchasing a pen.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – By the time I got an offer, it was for a location that was half-hour drive from where I was originally interviewing.

Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – started with a group interview. recruiter was given to me and he was not help. family friend reached out to help get me an interview. got the position from there

Interview Question – what value can you provide to this company?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I applied on Saturday and completed my teller assessment test on Sunday. On Tuesday I got a call to do a phone interview for Wednesday. On Wednesday I got called by a recuiter and she asked me a couple questions. Her questions were what are my past experience with cash handling and customer experience. Also wanted to know my career goals. She then referred me to a store manger to have an interview. I got called later that day to do an interview for the following day, Thursday. The day of the interview I went and realized it was a group interview. It was about 8 of us, and 6 branch managers but only 5 were hiring. They took us to a room and asked us all to give them a 30 second introduction about ourselves answering what past experience make us right for the job, why Bank of America, and where do we live. After everyone answered the 5 hiring managers walked out. We stayed talking amongst each other about the assessment. About 5 minutes later the 5 hiring managers came in and called people they wanted to interview with 1 on 1, if your name wasn't called they sent you home. I had a 1 on 1 with 2 managers. When I went home 2 hours later I got called with a job offer.

Interview Question – The 30 second introduction.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – I applied online and a recruiter called me a couple of weeks after. I then had two interviews. One was a group interview and then one with the Banking Center Manager, Assistant Manager and Teller Operations Specialist. They asked me behavioral questions and role play.

Interview Question – During the group interview they ask you to sell something that they hand you.   Answer Question

Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – My Bank of America Teller hiring process
On April 4, 2014 I applied for a part-time teller job at a Bank of America branch near my house. Right after applying I received an e-mail to take the Teller assessment. Passed the assessment the same day (if you don’t receive an e-mail right after taking it that you failed the assessment it means, that you passed it) and received a call from the recruiter on April 7, 2014 to fill out the Applicant Screening Investigation form and schedule a group interview. On April 15, 2014 I attended the group interview. The interview went very well. Try to be active during the interview, always try to be the first or at least the second to answer the recruiter’s questions, dress professional and smile as often as you can. After the interview the recruiter told, that she will give us updates during 5 business days. On April 16, 2014, the next day after the group interview, I received an e-mail from the recruiter to schedule an interview with a branch manager at another location (to tell the truth, it was my favorite branch of Bank of America near my area, so I was happy to go there). On April 18, 2014 I attended the interview with the branch manager. The interview was awesome. The branch manager was so impressed, that she told me, that I even look overqualified for a teller position. Each time I was answering her questions, she was telling me that I am speaking from her heart. When I was speaking about the products and services of the Bank of America, she told me, that I impressed her much more, because not having an account with them, I know about their products more, than some of her tellers do. In one word I can tell, that after the interview I was sure, that I will be offered a position. After that, on April 21, 2014 I received a call from the recruiter to start the process of Applicant Screening Investigation, but he didn’t tell me any word about a job offer, or if I am going to get it or not. He just told me, that now is the time to pass the screening investigation and it is going to take up to 5 business days, and he will update me about the results during 24 hours once they are returned. As long as I didn’t receive any update after 5 business days I wrote an e-mail to my recruiter on April 25, 2014 to check the status of my screening investigation and job application, but didn’t receive anything back. Then, on April 28, 2014, I wrote an e-mail to my second VP recruiter, who was conducting the group interview for status update and got a reply the same day, that she will rich out to me with an update by next day. On April 29, 2014, my recruiter sent me an e-mail to schedule a brief phone interview 2 days later to review my background check form (ASI). On May 1, 2014 an investigator called me and required a copy of a reference letter from one of my previous jobs. I sent it to him and an hour later my recruiter called and told me, that my ASI came back satisfactory and she is ready to extend a part time teller job offer to me. I was very happy and accepted the offer right away. After that my recruiter sent me all the necessary e-mails to complete my New Hire Onboarding portal and schedule an appointment for my fingerprints and I9 verification. I completed all that staff right away and on May 5, 2014 submitted my fingerprints for Criminal Background Check, passed the I9 verification and took my photo for my badge. My start day is May 16, 2014. So the whole process took one and a half month from the day I applied to may start day. Thanks a lot to my recruiter and hiring manager. Very excited to start my career at Bank of America. I wish best of luck to all other applicants; hope my story will be helpful for other applicants.

Interview Question – The most difficult part is the role play. Try to relax and be yourself and you will be fine. There weren't any other difficult questions during the interviews.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything. Just accepted the order.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Teller interview questions and advice. All 279 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.