Bank of America

Average Difficulty
285 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't discussed this yet.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Interviewing process took about a month. 1.phone interview 2. Group interview. Pretty nerve wrecking, I was in a room with 22 other applicants. 3. Manager interview the same day. 4. Branch manager interview.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details – first i had a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes, from there i had to take an online assessment that was about an hour long. once i passed i got a call back from the recruiter to schedule an on-site meeting with 2 managers at the branch. questions were pretty straightforward and i did a short role play with the manager.

Interview Question – sell me a savings account...   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – The first step involved a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited to come in for their group interview. The group interview was pretty structured and straightforward at first, but as it got closer to the end where each general branch manager got to speak one on one with the candidates, it was very clear who was going to get a job offer and who wasn't. There were some of us who were waiting 45 minutes to have our turn at a one on one and not one manager spoke to us. I feel like if they are going to have a one-on-one with their candidates, they should just have the people who are going to have the one-on-ones stay and let everyone else leave. It was incredibly disrespectful to my time and the other candidate's time who had to sit there and wait for 45 minutes only to find out that they won't be interacting with the managers one-on-one at all.

Interview Question – Questions such as "What was your greatest accomplishment" and "Give an example of a time you gave extraordinary customer service" were limited to the first five people.   View Answer

Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – It took about 3-4 weeks all together to get hired on and working but I interviewed around the holiday season. I had two phone interviews, some online testing to assess my skill for the job, once I went into the bank and interviewed I was told I got the job.

Interview Question – Training on teller used interface for doing transactions.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online through their website. After 2 days, they called me and did a little pre screening interview over the phone. They asked me basic questions like "Why Bank of America?" "What is your availability, and then they scheduled me to come in for a group interview the next day. The group interview had about 6 BoA employers and 12 people applying. They asked us to briefly introduce ourselves. Afterwards people were selected for 1 on 1 interviews while the rest stayed in the room and were asked "Tell us one time you left a good lasting impression on a customer." Afterwards we were informed about the selection process and what would happen next, we asked questions and then left.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in 30 seconds   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Apply online and then complete an online assessment, someone for HR department in Florida will contact you with a phone interview, then she will call back to schedule you for a face-to-face interview, your first face-to-face will be with the Banking center manager, sometimes they have a second interview with the district manager.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was called and emailed for an interview. There were probably around 15 people. All were students or recent grads with no banking experience. The interview was about three hours long and a following interview that day across town. Was told that we would hear a yes or no by the end of the week. It really happened the next week. I was disappointed because I really thought I had the job. I'm not sure what they are looking for.

Interview Question – They kept asking the same questions and us to play out scenarios over and over. By the time of the last one I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't difficult, just annoying at that point.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Received an email asking if I was interested in a group setting interview. The interview was really easy. learned so much about my self that I didn't know until I started talking about why I thought I was the perfect candidate for the position. Overall I think this has been one of the easiest interviews I have ever had.

Interview Question – When I was asked to pick an item from a bag and sell it to the other candidates in the group interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!