Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online June 28th received a phone call from the recruiter July 8th did a phone interview and was invited to a group interview the next day with a few other people after being asked a few questions and doing a role play I was sent to go speak to a branch manager for the location applied for. got offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• WHY BANK OF AMERICA? SALES BANKGROUND. HOW TO OBTAIN SALES ETC.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Gresham, OR).

Interview

Online assessment was extremely long and asked common sense questions over and over worded differently. Got a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview. That went well 2 days later I went in for a face to face interview. They had me role play trying to convince someone in a drive thru window to come inside to sign up for mobile banking. Interview went well. After the 1st phone interview recruiter sais they would be interviewing through that week and the week following and I would hear back. Its been 2 weeks since my face to face interview and I haven't heard anything. Do people really wait this process out?? I hope they're not expecting someone to stay available for 5 weeks not knowing if they got the job or not. We'll see.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. The manager set back and took notes as the assistant manager asked questions. It was a little nerve racking this way, however the manager would smile and nod if it seemed I answered a question correctly. The hiring process is quite long. It took a while for them to contact me and even longer to set up an interview. So I was surprised to find that I was the only candidate being interviewed. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. And they asked me about customer service scenarios and selling products. It was clear they wanted to hire someone who could sell their products, exhibit good customer service, and someone who would want to grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on line for multiple positions so I don't know which one brought me to the interview. I was sent an email for an open house and group interview. Arrived on time and there were already several candidates waiting at a waiting area. Soon it became over crowded.. the lady showed up and led us to the room where the interviews were supposed to happen, after signing up a sheet of paper and handing over our resume, we waited for almost an hour for the interviewer crew, yes.. THE INTERVIEWER CREW WAS LATE. I honestly have never seen such a desorganized interview process. There were about 35 candidates and they only divided us into 2 big groups. The questions were not clear and objective, they were long questions that sounded like a rambling speech that by the end we were not able to even understand what exactly he wanted to know. Our interviewer didn't put any effort on trying to make us feel comfortable with the process, didn't make eye contact whatsoever, instead he would only write notes and that made me feel like I was talking to myself. He kept a frowned face for almost the entire interview. His assistant, another BoA staff, on the other hand seemed so much more friendly, I bet it would've been a better experience if she would've handled it. Another point was that they did a horrible job on dividing the group, idk what they based the division on, but our group had mostly tellers candidates and some manager.. CRM, Sales Manager... which at the time of the answers made all of us feel so uncomfortable when those people with major experience in banking, came up with incredible stories about how they handled a financial transaction evolving a high amount of money and right after someone who had only worked at some local store would come up with a humble and much simple situation, I felt bad for all of us. BoA has been the bank where I've been banking for several years but I honestly didn't feel proud of being a part of it; either passive or active.So disappointed!

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

One of the easiest interviews I had in my job searches. Applied online and took a virtual job test which basically just analyzes your skills on seeing what is best for customers. After passing that it took a little less than a week for me to get a response. You get an email from the hiring manager and set up a phone interview. Phone interview is very simple behavioral questions. I was immediately offered a second in person interview at the branch that I will be working at. I set it up for the next day and went in and met the branch manager and went through with the interview. This one was mostly behavioral and questions about your past experiences. During all this you fill out a background check form. When that's all completed I had a third phone interview set up with the manager of the whole area (forgot the official title) which was basically a repeat of the second interview with a few questions dealing with your ability to sell, observe fraud, etc. A few hours after this I got an offer for the job. Besides the gap from when I applied, this whole interview process took 3 days.

Interview Questions

• give an example of when you sold something to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ended up getting a higher payrate than I asked for. Which made me think I should have asked for more. Ask for above the average pay you research when they ask you about the pay rate. Never hurts to go a little higher. I made the mistake of not doing that in the past jobs I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday and received an email on Thursday for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was selected for an interview at the branch. That interview was very relaxed. I met with the branch manager. I discussed my previous experience in sales, then I had to role play a little bit. One scenario was online banking and the other scenario was how to handle an angry customer. That interview was positive and lasted about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for a phone screen about 3 days later. At the end of the phone screen I was set up for an interview with the manager at one of their banks. Interview was about 30 mins long. Expect to do role play and act out scenarios. Just be yourself. I was lucky not to have passed through a group interview first, but expect your first face to face interview to be in a group. Dress very professionally and bring a copy of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why bank of america? what customer service experience do you have? walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took a online assessment which took about an hour. After a month got an email from HR to set up a phone interview. Then invited to an on site interview with branch manager on the next day. It lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was easy, mostly ask behavioral questions about your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why bank of America? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Give an example of when you sold something to a customer successfully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Warner Robins, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. After I applied online, I took a tedious assessment test. I received a phone call the next day from a recruiter from Bank of America. The questions were very general and the conversation lasted for 15 minutes. The recruiter informed me she would email with a time for a face to face interview when she confirmed a time with a branch manager at the location I'll be working. The face to face interview went well. The interview lasted for 50 minutes. After three weeks, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer? Why do you want to work at BOA?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bank of America in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, the next day I got a email to set up a phone interview. Told her what time would be best the following day and got a call. The phone interview was mostly describe yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years...etc. At the end of the call she said she wants me to go to a interview. I set up a interview, but had to reschedule which was very easy. Went to the interview, and it turns out it was directly with the manager of the location I wanted to work at. Before the actual interview I got a email to fill out the ASI and background information. The actual interview was very relaxed. She asked me where do you see yourself in 5 years. Also questions mostly regarding my experience working on a team and my overall previous jobs. We also did a role play regarding trying to sell a new service to a regular customer. I made up a college credit card, and role played with that. She seemed to like me, Hopefully I get a call back soon!