Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.6

290 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
Haven't discussed this yet.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

I turned in my form online on a friday and I received a call back from the corporate the following monday. I was asked to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, there was a person who was in charge of the whole group interview process and a few branch managers. Everything in the group interview was basic.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was when they asked me what is my greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

First off, I applied online for a full time position. I believed I applied midnight on a Wednesday or Thursday?

Secondly, the next day, Friday, I received an email for an online assessment test at 4:50pm. It wasn't hard at all. It tests you on your listening skills and your counting skills. If you pass, they'll contact you within a few days. If you don't, I believe they'll email you a notification that you didn't pass.

Thirdly, I was contacted by a recruiter on Tuesday after I submitted my assessment test on Friday. It was a short phone interview which consisted of basic interview questions. Like "Why Bank Of America" "This position is a full time position are you able to do it" & so on. After that she asked me when I would like to set up an interview date with the branch manager and manager. About an hour or two hour later, she called back confirming an interview date and time for me.

Then after the phone interview, I was emailed a background application and I must fill it out before going in for my interview.

My interview was scheduled the next day and it's was a one on one. I was basically interviewed by both managers. Basic questions and I did one role play. I'm almost positive that I impressed the branch manager with my role play because he was shocked with how well I played it. (Thank you glassdoor) The interview was only 15mins. Not so long as I thought it would be.

NOW, this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART. For some reasons this background application wants you to put in your address from the last TEN YEARS. I moved a lot growing up & I could hardly remember my addresses. Not only that but it requires you to also fill out your employment from the last 5 years.

If you aren't truthful about your education, employers, or addresses, you may be disqualified. The form you fill out must match your background check when they run the background check on you. If it comes out unsatisfactory (like me) then you'll expect an email informing you that you will not move on.

Now, the only reason why I probably failed it is because I got frustrated filling out that form and I hardly remember the addresses that I resided in the last 10 years.

The recruiter does call you to confirm if everything's correct on the form before he submits it and send it, but I was at school. & like I said, I don't remember my addresses from 10 years ago.

Now after all that chaotic process, wait two days to see if you'll receive a call or an email.

Teller Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2012.

The mgmt will mainly focus in one area, CUSTOMER SERVICE, be prepare what you had done from the past and now. CUSTOMER service is the key to get hire, not sales.

Interview Questions
    Base on the XP and bilingual, I think I should be paid more than this offer.

Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America.

IN GROUP INTERVIEW it was pretty general. Tell us about you and your background in cash handling and Sales. The key here is to smile. The hiring manager told me one of the reasons that we hired you was because of the smile :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied for the job--and completed the thorough online assessment--about a month before I was actually contacted by anyone. I'd assumed I'd been dropped from consideration, but was shortly contacted for a phone interview and then, having done well, immediately referred to do an in-person interview. The first interview was expected to take 25 minutes, but took an hour--a good sign! I got a callback later that afternoon to do a second interview at a different location within the network. That interview was much more brief, and the manager let me know to expect an answer in about a week's time. However, I got the dreaded vague-rejection-email from the recruiter the very next morning. I'm not completely surprised by this: I got smacked with the word "overqualified" during the interview and expect that they chose someone who was less of a flight risk.

Interview Questions
    • They got a prop out and had me simulate a sale of a new credit card with one of the assistant managers.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interviewing process took about a month. 1.phone interview 2. Group interview. Pretty nerve wrecking, I was in a room with 22 other applicants. 3. Manager interview the same day. 4. Branch manager interview.

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

first i had a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes, from there i had to take an online assessment that was about an hour long. once i passed i got a call back from the recruiter to schedule an on-site meeting with 2 managers at the branch. questions were pretty straightforward and i did a short role play with the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

The first step involved a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited to come in for their group interview. The group interview was pretty structured and straightforward at first, but as it got closer to the end where each general branch manager got to speak one on one with the candidates, it was very clear who was going to get a job offer and who wasn't. There were some of us who were waiting 45 minutes to have our turn at a one on one and not one manager spoke to us. I feel like if they are going to have a one-on-one with their candidates, they should just have the people who are going to have the one-on-ones stay and let everyone else leave. It was incredibly disrespectful to my time and the other candidate's time who had to sit there and wait for 45 minutes only to find out that they won't be interacting with the managers one-on-one at all.

Interview Questions
    • Questions such as "What was your greatest accomplishment" and "Give an example of a time you gave extraordinary customer service" were limited to the first five people.   View Answer

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!