Bank of America

Getting the Interview

263 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – just complete the test online

Interview Question – the investigation questions for background check. has to answer alot of questions and 5 years working experience prefered   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2013.

Interview Details – Be sure to answer every question in detail

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiating

Teller Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I applied for the part time teller position in the beginning of March. I applied online via the Bank of America website. A few days later I received a call from a recruiter. I was scheduled for a group interview the next day. They sent me an email with the information regarding what to wear and some forms to read and fill out. In my interview there was 18 people including myself. Multiple locations were hiring so they had each branch manager there (about 5 of them). They than allowed each of us to introduce our selves. They went around the group asking questions such as "What did you dislike most about your previous job" and "what is the most important thing when working with guests?" At the end of the interview each person individually met with one of the branch managers. The interview lasted about 3 Hours. They said we would receive either an email or phone call saying if we got the job or not. I received an email saying I didn't get the job.... But in the beginning of the month of April I recieved another stating they would like to continue with me and start the background check and to fill out the paper work. I started the paperwork and am currently waiting to hear back from the recruiter.

Interview Question – They asked to act like we were helping a customer and to sell them on a new product ex. Online banking   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still waiting to get results back from background check

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2011.

Interview Details – Group Interview, followed by personal interview inside branch.

Interview Question – How would you handle an upset customer.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – This was group interview which was different but not as hard as I thought it would be. You just need to be willing to set up and answer questions directed to the group and not sit back quietly.

Interview Question – The hardest thing was the place we had to act out a scenario & try to get the "customer" to upgrade their account.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hours would not fit in my schedule in the fall so in their best interest I declined & looked for something that would work during my last year of college

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – very easy online application., very easy interview. I applied online and that took about twenty minutes due to an interactive test. I then had a ten minute phone interview followed by a 45 minute interview in person the next day. I applied and had the job three days later.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasn't one.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who had emailed me a test to take.Once I passed, he set up an over the phone interview with HR.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you should be apart of the Bank of America company   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – For the role play, you get a partner and take turns being a teller and a customer. So the plot of this scene that the HR told us we had to do was a customer coming in to cash a $100 check. It play out like this:

Teller: "Welcome back Chelsea, how can I help you today?" (Smile! sound enthusiastic)

Customer: "I want to Cash this $100 check into my checking account."

Teller: "My pleasure Chelsea! Can you please (Use their name always)
            swipe your Bank of America Card and enter you pin"

*While the customer (the other interviewee) is supposedly entering their pin ask another
     the following question*

Teller: "So how is your day going Chelsea? Any plans for later today"

(Our HR told us to ask about 3-4 Questions in our conversation to better understand their needs so we can offer services (cards with cash rewards, points, etc.) to better their life.)

Customer: "Its great John. I've been shopping all day today. Now I'm ready to pick up my kids
                   later today from school"

Teller: "That sounds like fun Chelsea! How many kids do you have?

Customer: " I have 2 little ones"

Teller: "Really? How old are they?

Customer: " 5 and 6"

Teller: That's great Chelsea. So how will you like you $100 back?"

Customer: "Two 20 bills, One 50 bill, and the rest in 1 dollar bills"

Teller: "Okay is 50, 70, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100"

(For the part above you are supposed to count up to 100 with each bill)

Teller: "Chelsea, have you heard about our cash reward cards? They are great for any
              purchase, Shopping too!, they can get you 5% back on gas, 3% on groceries, and
               2% back on Shopping"

(I am not sure if those numbers are correct, be sure to research the service you want to sell the your customer during the role play before you interview)

Customer: "No"

Teller: "Do you have a little bit of time right now Chelsea to meet with our personal banker so he can better explain all the benefits?"

Customer: "No, not right now. I have to go pick up my kids right now"

Teller: " How about if I have our personal banker call you to schedule a meeting whenever
              you are available?"

Customer: "Okay I can do that"

Teller: "Chelsea, How does tomorrow at 12:00 pm (or noon) when your kids are in school sound?"

Customer: "Yeah that sounds great

Teller: "Great! Have a I completed all of your banking needs?"

(You are supposed to ask this question this way so it ends the conversation in a positive note because the customer will say "yes." Unlike, "Can I help you will something else?" The customer will say "no" for this one and end the conversation in a negative note. That is what the HR wanted us to say anyways)

Customer: "yes"

Teller: " Bye bye, take care Chelsea"

So that is what role play is about. I'm sure it won't be the exact same for everyone else but It will be 70% the same I am sure.

Summary of interviewing at BA:

- Dress appropriately for interview and bring needed materials (on the email they send)
     - Take part in every discussion the group has during the interview.
     - The HR wants to see that your easy to talk to
     - Smile and be in your best most awesome behavior (Be likable)
     - Look at the videos they ask you to see. You need to know this to be able
        to participate in a group discussion (There's link to these videos in a email they send)
     - Be prepared to say a little bit about yourself
          - Previous work experience
          - what you did (in detail) in your previous jobs
          - where you see yourself within 1-2 years within the company
          - say how your previous work experience has prepared you for this position
     - During role play you can be feeling closed up and shy (you get 5 min. to practice)
          - Always be in control of the conversation during role play
          - Ask the "customer" about 3-4 question to better know them or what they been up to.
            To better be able to match BA services to their needs
          - Research a product or service you want to sell to them during role play
          - Always say their name when talking to them during role play (HR will tell you this)

And that't everything I remember from my interview. I probably forgot little to nothing since its very long and detailed. Thanks for reading and hope this helps you a lot, which it will if you read through the entire thing. :D

One more thing, If you get through the group interview, the HR will set an interview with the manager of the bank you will get employed at.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called to do a phone interview with recruiter about a week or so after. Then I did a second interview with branch manager and assistant manager. Finally called for a third interview at a different branch with branch manager and consumer market manager. The recruiter then got back to me about a week after.

Interview Question – Sell me something. For example, Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't get to negotiate at the teller position but the benefits even for part-time employees makes up for that.

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – 2 phone interview 1 in person final interview

Interview Question – How bad do u want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Teller interview questions and advice. All 263 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.