Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online. There is a basic test after the application requiring you to do some simple calculations. Then I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview asking how my current skills and experience related to the required tasks of a teller. Then I had an in person interview with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you juggled multiple tasks at once during your job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

fast and simple. over the phone because I couldn't make it to group interview and then a sit down with Branch Manager for a interview in person. questions were very easy. just prepare yourself for some of the interview questions beforehand. just search up possible teller questions that may be asked or look on Glassdoor. Interview questions are mostly always the same. Be yourself and smile a lot and take a resume with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Falmouth, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online Application including 90 minute simulated evaluation about teller scenarios. Two days later a brief phone call from a recruiter with questions about work history and sales experience. Also, needed to complete online work history for background check. Finally a meeting with branch manager that was very casual and lasted only 10 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied 6/24 and got an email from the recruiter on 6/29. Did the phone interview with the recruiter and was invited to attend a group interview the following afternoon. She said she would be busy that day so I would get the confirmation email within the hour,but never received it. The recruiters seem to be very busy so you may need to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Most recent customer service sales experience
      Availability

Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Phone Interview called exactly at the time assigned. Very basic and generic interview questions. Got an email immediately after indicating they were not interested. They expect full time availability for a part time position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I didn't get any answer. Later got an invitation for open house. Had an interview with one of the managers, the lady was friendly and nice, easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Did I have specific goals in sale on my previous job? How would you solve problems with angry client? Why do you want to quit your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Burbank, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I did the application online along with the assessment. Got a call a day later to schedule a phone interview for the next day. Recruiter called the next day at exact time and asked a few questions about how i handle angry customers, a time i went above and beyond, what was my last function at my previous employer. Then i got scheduled for a interview with the branch manager and assistant manager. That interview was about 30 minutes and consisted of a role play, questions about availability and more specific questions like where do u see yourself in 5 years, why bank of America, and what do you know about our branches. Then two days later i got a call for a phone interview with the district manager. now just waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Englewood, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online.
    Received email the next day to take the personality test, the "pre-assesment". Lots of questions about situations and which choice of four are you "most likely" to say/do and which is" least likely" over 100 personality questions, too. I paid 25 bucks to test-prep and it really really helped with this. They have a whole package just for bank teller pre assessments.
    Got call after the weekend. Had my telephone interview there and then. Though she gave me the option to schedule it for later. Questions about my experience with selling and customer service and asked a few softball questions about scenarios. Angry customer at the window.
    Scheduled interview for next day. Interview lasted an hour. Lots and lots of what would you do questions. He did it right out of the book. It was brutal!
    Filled out education and employment background check.
    About twelve days later I got a offer contingent on the EE background check. Importantly she had some questions on mine and we tightened it up. She said even month off on start dates can return an UNsatisfactory result.
    And that's where I'm at...will update

Interview Questions

• I had to sell a banking loan to someone as my role play. Threw me off as I expected to sell a stapler or something I know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy, just routine customer service and basic competency questions. The interviewer read from a proscribed list of questions that were easy to answer. Much of it was expected, such as strengths/weaknesses, "describe a time when [insert customer service situation] here" sorts of things. I wouldnt sweat it too much, just be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online after almost a month received an email to take an online assessment. Then I got a call from a recruiter and she asked some basic questions like a phone screen and setup a more formal phone interview a few days later contacted for an in person interview