Bank of America

Average Difficulty
283 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – Extremely long over complicated process , first applied online received a phone call next day,scheduled interview for 2 weeks later (first available), then did group panel interview which lasted 2 hours, then was called with an offer 1 week later. A week later received fingerprint instructions, then a week later they finally ran my background. Then gave me a date to take my identification into the branch.

Interview Question – Give a time when you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Due to the extremely rude treatment from the Mgr and A.Mgr at the branch location when I submitted my paperwork; and going through 1.5 hours of unpaid training, seeing them send away clients with money because their lunch date was waiting. I did not want to work in such an unprofessional setting.

Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the assistant manager of the bank. It was a pretty friendly interview. She asked very basic interview questions, and then I was given 3 scenarios and asked to respond as if I was the teller and she was the customer.

Interview Question – What did you like least about your past employer?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

Interview Details – Several interviews. You apply online then you immediately take a behavioral assesment. If you pass, a recruiter contacts you within two weeks and requests a phone interview. The next step is the group interview. Smiling and confidence is extremely important. They will often ask you to role play as a teller while they act as a difficult customer. You will either have to diffuse the customer or sell them a product. From here you will be taken to an interview with district management and if they like you, you will then be sent on an interview to the branch and subsequently interviewed by the branch manager and their second in command. Pass and you will be fingerprinted and have a background check run before being given an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2008.

Interview Details – When applying at Bank of America, applications are only accepted online. However, it's best to apply online but to also visit the branch and introduce yourself. I went to the office and told them that I'm looking to apply. I gave them a brief background description of my work history while also giving copies of my resume to several of the managers.

Once I applied online, I received an email from a recruiter. She explained that the next step was to take an online test. The test consisted of 100 questions that dealt with a range of things. Are you an honest person, do you work well with others, are you a hard work, and etc.

Once I finished the test, I received an email from the recruiter stating she would get back to me about my results. In the beginning, she acted as if my results and resume indicated that I didn't have enough experience. So I was pretty bummed out but I continued to have faith.

Then out of the blue the same recruiter called me to say that Bank of America wanted to do a group interview with me. Now that process was interesting. You go to this office to fill out a ton of paperwork. Then you're put in this room with a ton of other candidates. You then go to this large conference room where you're asking a million questions, you work with teams on exercises, and you present and answer your answers for different exercises.

After that long process/interview, you're told that they'll get back to you. So you're waiting and waiting. Then you receive the next call that your meeting with the managers of the actual banking center. That interview was very easy. You tell them a little about yourself, what you want to achieve, and ask them whatever questions you have about the job.

Then another week or so you're waiting for some type of reply from a recruiter. I happen to be asleep on my day off from school and answered the phone from my recruiter. She offered me the job and told me all the details/benefits that I would have. I wish I would have negotiated but I was young and didn't know.

I worked for Bank of America for 3 years. Within those three years I was promoted 4 times and received several "Quarter Awards of Excellence". Once you're in, you're in for life. They love to promote within! So if you're looking for a place to stay for years/decades BofA is definitely the place to go. Sky is the limit. The world is your office and you an go into any type of field.

Good Luck!

Interview Question – What is the next best idea for BofA?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate. I didn't and I'm upset I didn't I feel like I probably could have. But I was a kid in college and grateful for work.

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online rigth before I started my secon year in college. I didn't have experience in the financial industry, but I had 2 jobs before as a waiter in a restaurant and a cashier in a supermerket. First, I didn't get the position where I applied for, but after two months, I got a phone call to do a 30 minute phone interview. Then, a month later, I was ginven the chance to have an interview in person with the manager. After about a week, they told me that I had been hired to start the position a few weeks later. The interview is all about personality questions so nothing random like what is a credit card, but be prepared just in case.

Interview Questions

• Describe a failure in your life and the outcome?   View Answer
  • What are some of the most recent rewards you have gotten?   View Answer
  • What are your plans within the next 5 years?   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call the very next day requesting what date was best for a group interview. My interview was scheduled a couple weeks later. There were about 12-15 other applicants being interviewed in the same room. There was questions and answers, role playing, video, and a lot of participating. The group interview was 3 or 4 hours long. At the end you go into a private room and they tell you right then and there if you made it. At that point you wait for a call from your recruiter, the first initial contact from after you applied, to set up a second interview with a specific location and its managers. They ask you a series of questions they pick off a list like "describe a time you went above and beyond in the workplace." They remind me of the miss america questions haha. This interview only lastd 15 maybe 20 minutes. Then I waited about a week and received another call from my recruiter telling me I got the job! The lengthy part was waiting for my recruiter to find an open position in my area to set up the branch interview. That took a couple months.

Interview Question – What do you plan on doing career wise in the next 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I really didn't have to negotiate at all. I felt they were really fair considering my past experience.

Conway, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2009.

Interview Details – i submitted my application. 2 weeks later i received a phone call to set up an interview. i went in for the first interview, then had a second and a third interview. in the second interview i had to take a skills test through a video, it was 10 minutes long. on the third interview i was offered the job pending a clean background check and drug test.

Interview Question – why should we hire you instead of the next person we interview?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was able to negotiate my salary. they originally offered 20,800 a year. however given that i have previous experience i was able to get my way up to 22,800 a year.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for a teller position and was sent an email the following day containing a link to a personality assessment test/ questionaire. I answered this the best I could and at the end it told me a representative will be contacting me.. 1 week later I was contacted by a recruiter who did a phone interview with me telling me about the pay and benefits of the position as well. After the phone interview he set me up for a 1 on 1 interview with a branch manager .. When I arrived I was interviewed by the branch manager and her senior assistant manager simultaneously... It was a great experience! I was contacted that day to let me know that I was offered the job =)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with the pay rate they offered considering where I currently work doesnt pay crap and they offered me a ton of benefits right off the bat which I do no currently have.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2008.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview from recruiter, followed by a group interview (about 20 candidates) and finally one on one with the banking center manager.

Mission Viejo, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Interview Details – It started with an online test to test your personality and make sure you have good teamwork, etc. Then a recruiter calls if you pass that and does a quick phone interview. Then they schedule a group interview. My group had 15 people. They are all about customer service, so make sure you emphasize that in everything you say. If you pass the group interview, you will be called for a one on one interview in a branch. That also has a series of questions pertaining to how you deal with difficult customers etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!