Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

2.6

295 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2014.

The phone interview with Bank of America was an interesting interview but somewhat difficult because I have no formal Banking Experience but I do have small business, accounting, tax and consulting experience being self employed within a family owned business. In addition, for the past 3 years, I have been teaching within the subject area of history and decided that this was not for me. As a result, I have been striving to enter into the Banking industry due to my self employment history in business. I realized during this phone interview that becoming a teller would be the perfect challenge that I would need to spear head my career to the next level. The next step if chosen will be the face-to-face interview which I will be informed of next week. Wish me good effort.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Bank of America? What is your finance background?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

Applied online, was sent an automated email that said someone would reach out, then phone interview, group interview, followed by an interview with the managers at branch. The whole process took a few months from initial online application

Interview Questions
    • It seemed like the most important need for the branch was a translater   Answer Question

Teller Interview

3 weeks process: Phone -> 1-on-1 ->Then Wait for offer, phone interview are fine. 1-on-1 is the most important one, gotta prepare really well for that and also role play is really hard. Tip: be passionate, smile all the time, don't afraid of rejection

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

I applied online and got a phone interview told me to come in for a group interview. Showed up way early and was told we would all have to sit and wait for individual interviews with a few branch managers. it was one of the worst scheduled meetings. I was there for openings in the wrong areas and was sitting waiting for a time slot a good 2 hours after I got there. I was told i would be contacted by phone within a week or so and nobody ever got back to me. Its been three weeks and no reply at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

Applied online, within 2 maybe 3 days a recruiter emailed me 2 set up phone interview. Did phone interview then went in person for an interview. Called a week later and they wanted me 2 come in for a second interview. The regional manager was tough

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience selling or recommending products?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I turned in my form online on a friday and I received a call back from the corporate the following monday. I was asked to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, there was a person who was in charge of the whole group interview process and a few branch managers. Everything in the group interview was basic.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was when they asked me what is my greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

First off, I applied online for a full time position. I believed I applied midnight on a Wednesday or Thursday?

Secondly, the next day, Friday, I received an email for an online assessment test at 4:50pm. It wasn't hard at all. It tests you on your listening skills and your counting skills. If you pass, they'll contact you within a few days. If you don't, I believe they'll email you a notification that you didn't pass.

Thirdly, I was contacted by a recruiter on Tuesday after I submitted my assessment test on Friday. It was a short phone interview which consisted of basic interview questions. Like "Why Bank Of America" "This position is a full time position are you able to do it" & so on. After that she asked me when I would like to set up an interview date with the branch manager and manager. About an hour or two hour later, she called back confirming an interview date and time for me.

Then after the phone interview, I was emailed a background application and I must fill it out before going in for my interview.

My interview was scheduled the next day and it's was a one on one. I was basically interviewed by both managers. Basic questions and I did one role play. I'm almost positive that I impressed the branch manager with my role play because he was shocked with how well I played it. (Thank you glassdoor) The interview was only 15mins. Not so long as I thought it would be.

NOW, this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART. For some reasons this background application wants you to put in your address from the last TEN YEARS. I moved a lot growing up & I could hardly remember my addresses. Not only that but it requires you to also fill out your employment from the last 5 years.

If you aren't truthful about your education, employers, or addresses, you may be disqualified. The form you fill out must match your background check when they run the background check on you. If it comes out unsatisfactory (like me) then you'll expect an email informing you that you will not move on.

Now, the only reason why I probably failed it is because I got frustrated filling out that form and I hardly remember the addresses that I resided in the last 10 years.

The recruiter does call you to confirm if everything's correct on the form before he submits it and send it, but I was at school. & like I said, I don't remember my addresses from 10 years ago.

Now after all that chaotic process, wait two days to see if you'll receive a call or an email.

Teller Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2012.

The mgmt will mainly focus in one area, CUSTOMER SERVICE, be prepare what you had done from the past and now. CUSTOMER service is the key to get hire, not sales.

Interview Questions
    Base on the XP and bilingual, I think I should be paid more than this offer.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

IN GROUP INTERVIEW it was pretty general. Tell us about you and your background in cash handling and Sales. The key here is to smile. The hiring manager told me one of the reasons that we hired you was because of the smile :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied for the job--and completed the thorough online assessment--about a month before I was actually contacted by anyone. I'd assumed I'd been dropped from consideration, but was shortly contacted for a phone interview and then, having done well, immediately referred to do an in-person interview. The first interview was expected to take 25 minutes, but took an hour--a good sign! I got a callback later that afternoon to do a second interview at a different location within the network. That interview was much more brief, and the manager let me know to expect an answer in about a week's time. However, I got the dreaded vague-rejection-email from the recruiter the very next morning. I'm not completely surprised by this: I got smacked with the word "overqualified" during the interview and expect that they chose someone who was less of a flight risk.

Interview Questions
    • They got a prop out and had me simulate a sale of a new credit card with one of the assistant managers.   View Answer