Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Warner Robins, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. After I applied online, I took a tedious assessment test. I received a phone call the next day from a recruiter from Bank of America. The questions were very general and the conversation lasted for 15 minutes. The recruiter informed me she would email with a time for a face to face interview when she confirmed a time with a branch manager at the location I'll be working. The face to face interview went well. The interview lasted for 50 minutes. After three weeks, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer? Why do you want to work at BOA?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Gresham, OR).

Interview

Online assessment was extremely long and asked common sense questions over and over worded differently. Got a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview. That went well 2 days later I went in for a face to face interview. They had me role play trying to convince someone in a drive thru window to come inside to sign up for mobile banking. Interview went well. After the 1st phone interview recruiter sais they would be interviewing through that week and the week following and I would hear back. Its been 2 weeks since my face to face interview and I haven't heard anything. Do people really wait this process out?? I hope they're not expecting someone to stay available for 5 weeks not knowing if they got the job or not. We'll see.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took a online assessment which took about an hour. After a month got an email from HR to set up a phone interview. Then invited to an on site interview with branch manager on the next day. It lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was easy, mostly ask behavioral questions about your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why bank of America? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Give an example of when you sold something to a customer successfully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Then i was given a call and answered questions on the phone. They must have liked the answers because then was invited to do an interview at the office. Two interviews, first was behavioural interview questions, second was general culture interview with manager. Behavioural questions were all quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bank Of America   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

You'll get a call from a recruiter who will have a very brief conversation and may connect you to a more local recruiter/human resources coordinator. This is the person who will schedule an interview with the local branch manager. You have your interview with the manager and then may get a call from their boss (the Consumer market manager) who will have either an in person or phone interview. If all goes well you will get a call back from the human resources coordinator who will tell you to submit some paperwork for the background check and will give an estimated start date.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about sales experience, do some role playing. Ask about previous professional experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation. You either accept the offer or you don't. For a teller position there are a dozen other applicants that they have in line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Daunting and asked this long question / scenario As the customer service representative, you may encounter a few unhappy campers who will yell and scream at you over the telephone or in person. Have you had any experience dealing with difficult customers? Who was the most difficult customer you had to deal with? What was the situation? How did you resolve the problem?".Don't try to remember everything, it's impossible. One idea is to "rate" each candidate on each of the criteria immediately following the interview,also asked about my experiences in a particular industry or geographical location

Interview Questions

• what can you contribute to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Simple...no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Fresno, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Can you sell me this pen? Can you tell me of a difficult situation I'm your life and how did you overcome that? This was about 20-30 minute interview. Have you ever helped an upset customer?

Interview Questions

• Tell me A specific example of a tough situation you where In?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Victorville, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

After an online application and passing a brief Internet test, I had a phone interview with a recruiter who asked a few questions and moved me on to a personal interview with the Branch Manager. Reading other glassdoor reviews about interview questions was helpful. A Teller isn't just about processing transactions, it is about selling or upselling services. B of A has computer software that will prompt what "stage" the current customer is at so you can upsell their next service.

Interview Questions

• Though the application states work is from 7am to 6pm, would you mind coming in earlier to open or later to close the cash drawers? Why are you leaving your current employer? Why would you want to work for BofA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for a phone screen about 3 days later. At the end of the phone screen I was set up for an interview with the manager at one of their banks. Interview was about 30 mins long. Expect to do role play and act out scenarios. Just be yourself. I was lucky not to have passed through a group interview first, but expect your first face to face interview to be in a group. Dress very professionally and bring a copy of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why bank of america? what customer service experience do you have? walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (McAllen, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Easy less than fifteen mins process. Your interview by a manager one on one. It's during working hours and your in one of the office. Introduced each other and ask just simple questions

Interview Questions

• How would you ask a customer of they would like to apply for a CC?   1 Answer