Bank of America

Getting the Interview

263 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Asked various questions about me and my lifestyle. The interview felt like a personality test.

Interview Question – Not difficult but was asked to sell a product. In this case it was a Savings account. Scenario - Customer has high capital in her Debit account- ?pretend that you are processing her check and pitch me a savings account?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told me that the pay was 12.50 an hour. I did not try to get a higher pay although I wish I had tried.

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – You are first contacted by a recruiter that will ask you about your previous experience. Then he/she will ask you questions regarding skills and customers services. If everything is answered to his/her liking you will receive a call again from them for a interview date to meet with the Banking Center Manager. If you are successful you will recieve another call form either the Banking Center Manager (BCM) or the Teller Operations Specialist (TOS) with a start date.

Interview Question – All questions were basic   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out application and was invited for an interview. After interview I was offered the position.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a fair wage and accepted the offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

Interview Details – there were two phone interviews. One week later there was a call with a job offer. After accepting it, there was a background check, meeting the location, staff for more paper work, 3 months training.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – yes, I had a minimum acceptable figure in mind. My work background experience helped the process. It was not an issue.

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview & online process initially, then branch interview if I remember correctly. During the branch interview, we discussed, in general, my previous experience in the banking field & my resume. It was obvious she felt I was a good fit, & did not ask many questions past that other than availability/scheduling as I was more than qualified for a teller position.

Interview Question – I did not have one.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly simple. You can go to a hiring fair, and get an interview onsite. Just have a outgoing personality, they are looking for sales.

Interview Question – Nothing Technical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter will contact you with an offer, you may accept or ask for additional compensation.

Great Falls, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Took an online exam. Called in for a group interview. After a few weeks got the job plus a generous increase to my hourly rate.

Interview Question – In what way did you prove your abilities in good customer service?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2013.

Interview Details – After passing the exam on their website (online application) First you will have a phone interview with ordinary phone interview questions.
Tell me about yourself,
Why our bank,
Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

If you pass the phone interview, they will give you an appointment with branch manager.

Interview Question – in face to face interview, you will get the general interview questions like,

tell me about yourself,
what's your career plan,
what do you know about the bank etc.

then they might ask you to act like you're working in the bank to show them how will you interact with customers.
  Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, group interview, branch manager interview

Interview Question – Having to answer the same question in a group.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – First I applied online and passed that assessment. Next I had a telephone interview, then a group interview, which was pretty sad. You had to get up and introduce yourself and talk a bit about your last position. Most people couldn't even speak they were so nervous. After that I had an interview at the bank with the manager. They didn't bother to tell her I was coming so they were not even prepared to interview me, which I guess what a good thing because it put me at an advantage.

Interview Question – There were no hard questions. Hardest one must have been "how do you feel about standing all day?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Bank of America starts everyone at the same salary but they did bump me up 30 cents as soon as I came out of training. That's the best raise I've gotten since I made the mistake of hiring on.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America