Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

2.6

299 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

I applied online and got a phone interview told me to come in for a group interview. Showed up way early and was told we would all have to sit and wait for individual interviews with a few branch managers. it was one of the worst scheduled meetings. I was there for openings in the wrong areas and was sitting waiting for a time slot a good 2 hours after I got there. I was told i would be contacted by phone within a week or so and nobody ever got back to me. Its been three weeks and no reply at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interviewing process took about a month. 1.phone interview 2. Group interview. Pretty nerve wrecking, I was in a room with 22 other applicants. 3. Manager interview the same day. 4. Branch manager interview.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Apply online and then complete an online assessment, someone for HR department in Florida will contact you with a phone interview, then she will call back to schedule you for a face-to-face interview, your first face-to-face will be with the Banking center manager, sometimes they have a second interview with the district manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

The first step involved a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited to come in for their group interview. The group interview was pretty structured and straightforward at first, but as it got closer to the end where each general branch manager got to speak one on one with the candidates, it was very clear who was going to get a job offer and who wasn't. There were some of us who were waiting 45 minutes to have our turn at a one on one and not one manager spoke to us. I feel like if they are going to have a one-on-one with their candidates, they should just have the people who are going to have the one-on-ones stay and let everyone else leave. It was incredibly disrespectful to my time and the other candidate's time who had to sit there and wait for 45 minutes only to find out that they won't be interacting with the managers one-on-one at all.

Interview Questions
    • Questions such as "What was your greatest accomplishment" and "Give an example of a time you gave extraordinary customer service" were limited to the first five people.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied for the job--and completed the thorough online assessment--about a month before I was actually contacted by anyone. I'd assumed I'd been dropped from consideration, but was shortly contacted for a phone interview and then, having done well, immediately referred to do an in-person interview. The first interview was expected to take 25 minutes, but took an hour--a good sign! I got a callback later that afternoon to do a second interview at a different location within the network. That interview was much more brief, and the manager let me know to expect an answer in about a week's time. However, I got the dreaded vague-rejection-email from the recruiter the very next morning. I'm not completely surprised by this: I got smacked with the word "overqualified" during the interview and expect that they chose someone who was less of a flight risk.

Interview Questions
    • They got a prop out and had me simulate a sale of a new credit card with one of the assistant managers.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I filled out the application online through their website. After 2 days, they called me and did a little pre screening interview over the phone. They asked me basic questions like "Why Bank of America?" "What is your availability, and then they scheduled me to come in for a group interview the next day. The group interview had about 6 BoA employers and 12 people applying. They asked us to briefly introduce ourselves. Afterwards people were selected for 1 on 1 interviews while the rest stayed in the room and were asked "Tell us one time you left a good lasting impression on a customer." Afterwards we were informed about the selection process and what would happen next, we asked questions and then left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I was called and emailed for an interview. There were probably around 15 people. All were students or recent grads with no banking experience. The interview was about three hours long and a following interview that day across town. Was told that we would hear a yes or no by the end of the week. It really happened the next week. I was disappointed because I really thought I had the job. I'm not sure what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking the same questions and us to play out scenarios over and over. By the time of the last one I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't difficult, just annoying at that point.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

started with a group interview. recruiter was given to me and he was not help. family friend reached out to help get me an interview. got the position from there

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied on Saturday and completed my teller assessment test on Sunday. On Tuesday I got a call to do a phone interview for Wednesday. On Wednesday I got called by a recuiter and she asked me a couple questions. Her questions were what are my past experience with cash handling and customer experience. Also wanted to know my career goals. She then referred me to a store manger to have an interview. I got called later that day to do an interview for the following day, Thursday. The day of the interview I went and realized it was a group interview. It was about 8 of us, and 6 branch managers but only 5 were hiring. They took us to a room and asked us all to give them a 30 second introduction about ourselves answering what past experience make us right for the job, why Bank of America, and where do we live. After everyone answered the 5 hiring managers walked out. We stayed talking amongst each other about the assessment. About 5 minutes later the 5 hiring managers came in and called people they wanted to interview with 1 on 1, if your name wasn't called they sent you home. I had a 1 on 1 with 2 managers. When I went home 2 hours later I got called with a job offer.