Bank of America

2.6

313 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I applied for the job--and completed the thorough online assessment--about a month before I was actually contacted by anyone. I'd assumed I'd been dropped from consideration, but was shortly contacted for a phone interview and then, having done well, immediately referred to do an in-person interview. The first interview was expected to take 25 minutes, but took an hour--a good sign! I got a callback later that afternoon to do a second interview at a different location within the network. That interview was much more brief, and the manager let me know to expect an answer in about a week's time. However, I got the dreaded vague-rejection-email from the recruiter the very next morning. I'm not completely surprised by this: I got smacked with the word "overqualified" during the interview and expect that they chose someone who was less of a flight risk.

Interview Questions
  • They got a prop out and had me simulate a sale of a new credit card with one of the assistant managers.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

The first step involved a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited to come in for their group interview. The group interview was pretty structured and straightforward at first, but as it got closer to the end where each general branch manager got to speak one on one with the candidates, it was very clear who was going to get a job offer and who wasn't. There were some of us who were waiting 45 minutes to have our turn at a one on one and not one manager spoke to us. I feel like if they are going to have a one-on-one with their candidates, they should just have the people who are going to have the one-on-ones stay and let everyone else leave. It was incredibly disrespectful to my time and the other candidate's time who had to sit there and wait for 45 minutes only to find out that they won't be interacting with the managers one-on-one at all.

Interview Questions
    • Questions such as "What was your greatest accomplishment" and "Give an example of a time you gave extraordinary customer service" were limited to the first five people.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Group interview. Very interesting. And interactive too. Got to be smart.

Very simple and straightforward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I filled out the application online through their website. After 2 days, they called me and did a little pre screening interview over the phone. They asked me basic questions like "Why Bank of America?" "What is your availability, and then they scheduled me to come in for a group interview the next day. The group interview had about 6 BoA employers and 12 people applying. They asked us to briefly introduce ourselves. Afterwards people were selected for 1 on 1 interviews while the rest stayed in the room and were asked "Tell us one time you left a good lasting impression on a customer." Afterwards we were informed about the selection process and what would happen next, we asked questions and then left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I was called and emailed for an interview. There were probably around 15 people. All were students or recent grads with no banking experience. The interview was about three hours long and a following interview that day across town. Was told that we would hear a yes or no by the end of the week. It really happened the next week. I was disappointed because I really thought I had the job. I'm not sure what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking the same questions and us to play out scenarios over and over. By the time of the last one I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't difficult, just annoying at that point.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

I applied on Saturday and completed my teller assessment test on Sunday. On Tuesday I got a call to do a phone interview for Wednesday. On Wednesday I got called by a recuiter and she asked me a couple questions. Her questions were what are my past experience with cash handling and customer experience. Also wanted to know my career goals. She then referred me to a store manger to have an interview. I got called later that day to do an interview for the following day, Thursday. The day of the interview I went and realized it was a group interview. It was about 8 of us, and 6 branch managers but only 5 were hiring. They took us to a room and asked us all to give them a 30 second introduction about ourselves answering what past experience make us right for the job, why Bank of America, and where do we live. After everyone answered the 5 hiring managers walked out. We stayed talking amongst each other about the assessment. About 5 minutes later the 5 hiring managers came in and called people they wanted to interview with 1 on 1, if your name wasn't called they sent you home. I had a 1 on 1 with 2 managers. When I went home 2 hours later I got called with a job offer.

Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

started with a group interview. recruiter was given to me and he was not help. family friend reached out to help get me an interview. got the position from there

Teller Interview

I applied online and a recruiter called me a couple of weeks after. I then had two interviews. One was a group interview and then one with the Banking Center Manager, Assistant Manager and Teller Operations Specialist. They asked me behavioral questions and role play.

Interview Questions
    • During the group interview they ask you to sell something that they hand you.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in June 2014.

Applied online. Within 2 hours I received an assessment test. After passing, 3 days later I received a call from my recruiter and she ask me a few brief questions about my previous job experience. She then scheduled me to meet the Branch Manager & Service Manager on Thursday. I received a call from my recruiter on that Tuesday and she scheduled me an over the phone interview with the Sales Manager. About an hour later I received a call from my recruiter with an offer. Took about 3-4 weeks for the entire process. Easy as pie !

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

experience for the job. review resume. scenario questions role play for customer referrals and to sell customer products. had to apply online and make a profile. posted resume online and applied for specific job. received a phone call for position had an over the phone interview to answer a few questions, then asked for second interview at the branch. had to pass personality test too.