Bank of America Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

286 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America.

I was contacted by a recruiter who had emailed me a test to take.Once I passed, he set up an over the phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you feel you should be apart of the Bank of America company   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Applied online and was called to do a phone interview with recruiter about a week or so after. Then I did a second interview with branch manager and assistant manager. Finally called for a third interview at a different branch with branch manager and consumer market manager. The recruiter then got back to me about a week after.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something. For example, Sell me this pen.   View Answer
    You don't get to negotiate at the teller position but the benefits even for part-time employees makes up for that.

2 phone interview 1 in person final interview

Take it or leave it

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Asked various questions about me and my lifestyle. The interview felt like a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but was asked to sell a product. In this case it was a Savings account. Scenario - Customer has high capital in her Debit account- ?pretend that you are processing her check and pitch me a savings account?   View Answer
    Told me that the pay was 12.50 an hour. I did not try to get a higher pay although I wish I had tried.

Teller Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

You are first contacted by a recruiter that will ask you about your previous experience. Then he/she will ask you questions regarding skills and customers services. If everything is answered to his/her liking you will receive a call again from them for a interview date to meet with the Banking Center Manager. If you are successful you will recieve another call form either the Banking Center Manager (BCM) or the Teller Operations Specialist (TOS) with a start date.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2012.

Filled out application and was invited for an interview. After interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a fair wage and accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Phone interview & online process initially, then branch interview if I remember correctly. During the branch interview, we discussed, in general, my previous experience in the banking field & my resume. It was obvious she felt I was a good fit, & did not ask many questions past that other than availability/scheduling as I was more than qualified for a teller position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

there were two phone interviews. One week later there was a call with a job offer. After accepting it, there was a background check, meeting the location, staff for more paper work, 3 months training.

Interview Questions
    yes, I had a minimum acceptable figure in mind. My work background experience helped the process. It was not an issue.

Teller Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Fairly simple. You can go to a hiring fair, and get an interview onsite. Just have a outgoing personality, they are looking for sales.

Interview Questions
    The recruiter will contact you with an offer, you may accept or ask for additional compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Great Falls, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Falls, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Applied online. Took an online exam. Called in for a group interview. After a few weeks got the job plus a generous increase to my hourly rate.

Interview Questions
    • In what way did you prove your abilities in good customer service?   Answer Question