Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.6

299 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I applied for the part time teller position in the beginning of March. I applied online via the Bank of America website. A few days later I received a call from a recruiter. I was scheduled for a group interview the next day. They sent me an email with the information regarding what to wear and some forms to read and fill out. In my interview there was 18 people including myself. Multiple locations were hiring so they had each branch manager there (about 5 of them). They than allowed each of us to introduce our selves. They went around the group asking questions such as "What did you dislike most about your previous job" and "what is the most important thing when working with guests?" At the end of the interview each person individually met with one of the branch managers. The interview lasted about 3 Hours. They said we would receive either an email or phone call saying if we got the job or not. I received an email saying I didn't get the job.... But in the beginning of the month of April I recieved another stating they would like to continue with me and start the background check and to fill out the paper work. I started the paperwork and am currently waiting to hear back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • They asked to act like we were helping a customer and to sell them on a new product ex. Online banking   Answer Question
Still waiting to get results back from background check

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

very easy online application., very easy interview. I applied online and that took about twenty minutes due to an interactive test. I then had a ten minute phone interview followed by a 45 minute interview in person the next day. I applied and had the job three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    there wasn't one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

This was group interview which was different but not as hard as I thought it would be. You just need to be willing to set up and answer questions directed to the group and not sit back quietly.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing was the place we had to act out a scenario & try to get the "customer" to upgrade their account.   Answer Question

The hours would not fit in my schedule in the fall so in their best interest I declined & looked for something that would work during my last year of college

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in April 2014.

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. This was more to ensure I was well suited for the position, etc. Then I had a second interview, in person, with the branch manager and assistant manager. I was offered the job the next day and now going through background check process.

The interview consisted of questions such as, "Tell me a little about your self?", "Why do you want to work for Bank of America?" "Why should we choose you above other candidates?" "What are your strengths/weaknesses?", "What are some of your achievements?", and "Where do you see your self in 5 yrs?"

These are basic interview questions one should always be prepared to answer. Remember: Your answers should always be work related giving examples of previous experiences. If you do not have previous experience, explain a scenario and how you would handle it. You are selling your self to the interviewer just like you would sell someone the benefits of a car you are selling. That said, always state why your previous skills and experiences will be an asset to the company you are interviewing for.

Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    Negotiating pay can be difficult at times. Remember the company has to stay with in a budget when hiring a new candidate, however, you can always up sell your self a little by reminding them of all the benefits you are bringing on the table. Examples: Years of experience, Speak multiple languages, Fast learner, Excellent work ethics, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

I was contacted by a recruiter who had emailed me a test to take.Once I passed, he set up an over the phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you should be apart of the Bank of America company   Answer Question

2 phone interview 1 in person final interview

Take it or leave it

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Asked various questions about me and my lifestyle. The interview felt like a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but was asked to sell a product. In this case it was a Savings account. Scenario - Customer has high capital in her Debit account- ?pretend that you are processing her check and pitch me a savings account?   View Answer
    Told me that the pay was 12.50 an hour. I did not try to get a higher pay although I wish I had tried.

Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

You are first contacted by a recruiter that will ask you about your previous experience. Then he/she will ask you questions regarding skills and customers services. If everything is answered to his/her liking you will receive a call again from them for a interview date to meet with the Banking Center Manager. If you are successful you will recieve another call form either the Banking Center Manager (BCM) or the Teller Operations Specialist (TOS) with a start date.

None

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

The first thing you would do is apply. If they like your resume they required you to go to one of their recruitment meetings. I was in a group of about 20-25 people and recruiters would ask us to go through role plays. The recruiters would have a bunch of scenarios and each person was required to follow through the role play. The recruiters were extremely friendly and they did not harp on you if you got something wrong. Then if the recruiters like you they pass your resume on to the branches which may need your assistance. Once a branch calls you they have a one-on-one interview either with the district manager or the branch manager. The manager will most likely have you do a few role plays, ask you about your past positions, ask questions about how you sell to customers or what you do in difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    They asked me if the amount of pay they were offering was ok with me. I agreed with it because originally I was under the impression that I was to get paid less. I found out later that I should have asked for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

I first completed an online application and assessment. I then received a phone call from the HR specialist a few days later with a few basic questions, informally. I was informed by her to attend a group interview at a location. They then indicated that the position location we originally applied for is filled because they interview in advance to have tellers available to fill posts immediately.
    I was sent to be interviewed at a location with an opening after being asked what location I would prefer, which was nice.
    I interviewed with the Assistant Banking Center Manager and the Banking Center Manager, one after the other. They asked me typical interview questions, like questions about myself and my previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sell them a bank product. It was challenging for me because I was not really sales oriented but I did good enough to sell myself, I guess.   Answer Question