Bank of America Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

286 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2013.

After passing the exam on their website (online application) First you will have a phone interview with ordinary phone interview questions.
Tell me about yourself,
Why our bank,
Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

If you pass the phone interview, they will give you an appointment with branch manager.

Interview Questions
  • in face to face interview, you will get the general interview questions like,

tell me about yourself,
    what's your career plan,
    what do you know about the bank etc.

then they might ask you to act like you're working in the bank to show them how will you interact with customers.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

Phone interview, group interview, branch manager interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

First I applied online and passed that assessment. Next I had a telephone interview, then a group interview, which was pretty sad. You had to get up and introduce yourself and talk a bit about your last position. Most people couldn't even speak they were so nervous. After that I had an interview at the bank with the manager. They didn't bother to tell her I was coming so they were not even prepared to interview me, which I guess what a good thing because it put me at an advantage.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions. Hardest one must have been "how do you feel about standing all day?"   View Answer
    No Bank of America starts everyone at the same salary but they did bump me up 30 cents as soon as I came out of training. That's the best raise I've gotten since I made the mistake of hiring on.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

The first thing you would do is apply. If they like your resume they required you to go to one of their recruitment meetings. I was in a group of about 20-25 people and recruiters would ask us to go through role plays. The recruiters would have a bunch of scenarios and each person was required to follow through the role play. The recruiters were extremely friendly and they did not harp on you if you got something wrong. Then if the recruiters like you they pass your resume on to the branches which may need your assistance. Once a branch calls you they have a one-on-one interview either with the district manager or the branch manager. The manager will most likely have you do a few role plays, ask you about your past positions, ask questions about how you sell to customers or what you do in difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    They asked me if the amount of pay they were offering was ok with me. I agreed with it because originally I was under the impression that I was to get paid less. I found out later that I should have asked for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

I first completed an online application and assessment. I then received a phone call from the HR specialist a few days later with a few basic questions, informally. I was informed by her to attend a group interview at a location. They then indicated that the position location we originally applied for is filled because they interview in advance to have tellers available to fill posts immediately.
    I was sent to be interviewed at a location with an opening after being asked what location I would prefer, which was nice.
    I interviewed with the Assistant Banking Center Manager and the Banking Center Manager, one after the other. They asked me typical interview questions, like questions about myself and my previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sell them a bank product. It was challenging for me because I was not really sales oriented but I did good enough to sell myself, I guess.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bend, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

The application process was online and super easy. I had one phone interview with an HR rep then I had two in-person interviews, one with the AM and the other with the manager. This was really only because the manager was sick on the first go-round. I found out extremely quickly that I had the position and got started quickly. Training can last up to about a month, all of which you are paid for.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me of a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you solved it. What were the outcomes?"   Answer Question
    I didn't realize that I could negotiate but they offered me what I felt was a fair starting wage and I accepted. Co-workers of mine have shared that they negotiated though and there was a positive outcome for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

The interview process was fairly short. After applying, you take an automated teller test before any interview. If you pass that, someone from HR will contact you to do a quick phone screening, get some information about past residences and employment, then they will set up an interview at the branch you applied at. After the interview, the HR person will contact you again to let you know the outcome of the interview as well as make you an offer. The total process took me about 2 weeks from submitting my application to getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Really no difficult questions. Wanted me to explain my resume, give examples of certain situations such as how did/would I handle a disgruntled customer, in my previous job how was job performance evaluated, how would past employers describe you, etc.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate only because they are going to pay me a little more than my current job and I feel the rate is good compared to what I know "new" tellers start off making.

Anonymous Employee  in  Bonita Springs, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Bonita Springs, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied online and the recruiter called me within three days. Had a brief interview with the recruiter over the phone and then set up an interview with the branch manager the next day. Before setting up an interview with the branch manager the recruiter asked me questions about my previous job experiences and other questions pertaining to my background.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with the branch manager was very enjoyable. However, the role playing part was somewhat hard. Study the products, the manager was very impressed that I knew the products therefore it was easy which products to recommend. Also scenario questions were somewhat difficult also.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied online for an open teller position near my house. A few days later I got a call from a recruiter about a teller position but at a different location. The recruiter asked me a few basic questions about my past job that was sales related, and scheduled me for an interview in a bank branch. I'll be the first to admit i'm bad at interviewing, but this was a very easy experience. The manager was very nice, and easy to talk to. It went well, and I was pretty sure I would get the job. A few hours after I left I got a call back from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't asked very many questions, I was probably overqualified for an entry level teller position, so my job experience pretty much spoke for itself.   Answer Question
    I wasn't really given an opportunity to negotiate. At one point I was told 13 an hour, and then was offered 12. I accepted 12, but looking back wish I had said something.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Its a progressive interview approach similar to most large corp.
    Filled out app.
    Received phone call.
    Sit down Interview.
    Follow up offer or no offer.

Interview Questions
    Offer was made. Then reduced in light of interview results