Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.6

295 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

You have a phone interview followed by an in person interview with two people which can be intense dependent upon the location of the bank you are applying for. some places prefer bilingual.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

I went to a job fair. The interview process was fairly easy and stress free. They asked me a couple questions and they seemed to really like me. I didn't have a resume. I left confident that I had the job but it took two months for me to finally get hired. I would call the recruiter on a weekly basis to let her know I was still interested.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Long process, 3 interviews, WB assessment, HR over the phone, manager interview, offer letter

Interview Questions
    Not too much room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online. Phone interview. Group interview. Manager interview. Hired.

Base pay- no negotiation

Teller Interview

Contacted first by someone in HR for phone interview. Asked basic questions like, " give me a time when..." Asked to complete an online assesement where you had to select the bills you would give back to customers, most likely trying to gauge your accuracy and quickness. Then called in for a face to face interview with a local branch manager. An hour after the face to face interview I received a call fro HR offering me the position.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Process took 4+ weeks.

I started with the online assessment, which I passed. Then the phone interview came, beginning with HR, and then the local hiring manager who scheduled a face-to-face interview with the store manager.

I interviewed with the store and assistant manager, who asked a lot of situation questions, so be prepared for those. Also, know the products and services. That is a question they'll want to know.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your coworker was in a bad mood, and there was no way of getting him or her out of that bad mood?   Answer Question
    • The bank is backed up, and customers are waiting in line. When they reach you, they're very upset. How do you handle that?   Answer Question
    • A customer "doesn't have time" to hear about products and services today. How do you respond?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied online for an open teller position near my house. A few days later I got a call from a recruiter about a teller position but at a different location. The recruiter asked me a few basic questions about my past job that was sales related, and scheduled me for an interview in a bank branch. I'll be the first to admit i'm bad at interviewing, but this was a very easy experience. The manager was very nice, and easy to talk to. It went well, and I was pretty sure I would get the job. A few hours after I left I got a call back from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't asked very many questions, I was probably overqualified for an entry level teller position, so my job experience pretty much spoke for itself.   Answer Question
    I wasn't really given an opportunity to negotiate. At one point I was told 13 an hour, and then was offered 12. I accepted 12, but looking back wish I had said something.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonita Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonita Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied online and the recruiter called me within three days. Had a brief interview with the recruiter over the phone and then set up an interview with the branch manager the next day. Before setting up an interview with the branch manager the recruiter asked me questions about my previous job experiences and other questions pertaining to my background.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with the branch manager was very enjoyable. However, the role playing part was somewhat hard. Study the products, the manager was very impressed that I knew the products therefore it was easy which products to recommend. Also scenario questions were somewhat difficult also.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

It took about 3-4 weeks all together to get hired on and working but I interviewed around the holiday season. I had two phone interviews, some online testing to assess my skill for the job, once I went into the bank and interviewed I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Training on teller used interface for doing transactions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Several steps. Applied online first, Then phone, then several online tests, then interview with Branch Manager, then sent to a testing center for fingerprints and consent to background check. .