Bank of America

Average Difficulty
283 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – The first thing you would do is apply. If they like your resume they required you to go to one of their recruitment meetings. I was in a group of about 20-25 people and recruiters would ask us to go through role plays. The recruiters would have a bunch of scenarios and each person was required to follow through the role play. The recruiters were extremely friendly and they did not harp on you if you got something wrong. Then if the recruiters like you they pass your resume on to the branches which may need your assistance. Once a branch calls you they have a one-on-one interview either with the district manager or the branch manager. The manager will most likely have you do a few role plays, ask you about your past positions, ask questions about how you sell to customers or what you do in difficult situations.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me if the amount of pay they were offering was ok with me. I agreed with it because originally I was under the impression that I was to get paid less. I found out later that I should have asked for more.

Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I first completed an online application and assessment. I then received a phone call from the HR specialist a few days later with a few basic questions, informally. I was informed by her to attend a group interview at a location. They then indicated that the position location we originally applied for is filled because they interview in advance to have tellers available to fill posts immediately.
I was sent to be interviewed at a location with an opening after being asked what location I would prefer, which was nice.
I interviewed with the Assistant Banking Center Manager and the Banking Center Manager, one after the other. They asked me typical interview questions, like questions about myself and my previous employment.

Interview Question – They asked me to sell them a bank product. It was challenging for me because I was not really sales oriented but I did good enough to sell myself, I guess.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details –

Albany, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly short. After applying, you take an automated teller test before any interview. If you pass that, someone from HR will contact you to do a quick phone screening, get some information about past residences and employment, then they will set up an interview at the branch you applied at. After the interview, the HR person will contact you again to let you know the outcome of the interview as well as make you an offer. The total process took me about 2 weeks from submitting my application to getting an offer.

Interview Question – Really no difficult questions. Wanted me to explain my resume, give examples of certain situations such as how did/would I handle a disgruntled customer, in my previous job how was job performance evaluated, how would past employers describe you, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate only because they are going to pay me a little more than my current job and I feel the rate is good compared to what I know "new" tellers start off making.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bend, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details – The application process was online and super easy. I had one phone interview with an HR rep then I had two in-person interviews, one with the AM and the other with the manager. This was really only because the manager was sick on the first go-round. I found out extremely quickly that I had the position and got started quickly. Training can last up to about a month, all of which you are paid for.

Interview Question – "Tell me of a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you solved it. What were the outcomes?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't realize that I could negotiate but they offered me what I felt was a fair starting wage and I accepted. Co-workers of mine have shared that they negotiated though and there was a positive outcome for them.

Bonita Springs, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and the recruiter called me within three days. Had a brief interview with the recruiter over the phone and then set up an interview with the branch manager the next day. Before setting up an interview with the branch manager the recruiter asked me questions about my previous job experiences and other questions pertaining to my background.

Interview Question – The interview with the branch manager was very enjoyable. However, the role playing part was somewhat hard. Study the products, the manager was very impressed that I knew the products therefore it was easy which products to recommend. Also scenario questions were somewhat difficult also.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for an open teller position near my house. A few days later I got a call from a recruiter about a teller position but at a different location. The recruiter asked me a few basic questions about my past job that was sales related, and scheduled me for an interview in a bank branch. I'll be the first to admit i'm bad at interviewing, but this was a very easy experience. The manager was very nice, and easy to talk to. It went well, and I was pretty sure I would get the job. A few hours after I left I got a call back from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked very many questions, I was probably overqualified for an entry level teller position, so my job experience pretty much spoke for itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't really given an opportunity to negotiate. At one point I was told 13 an hour, and then was offered 12. I accepted 12, but looking back wish I had said something.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Its a progressive interview approach similar to most large corp.
Filled out app.
Received phone call.
Sit down Interview.
Follow up offer or no offer.

Interview Question – Why Bank of America.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was made. Then reduced in light of interview results

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – brief phone call about the position and meet up for a one on one interview at the job site

Interview Question – how would you deal with a unhappy customer and what ways can you sell a product to them?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – You have a phone interview followed by an in person interview with two people which can be intense dependent upon the location of the bank you are applying for. some places prefer bilingual.

Interview Question – Why BoA   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – I went to a job fair. The interview process was fairly easy and stress free. They asked me a couple questions and they seemed to really like me. I didn't have a resume. I left confident that I had the job but it took two months for me to finally get hired. I would call the recruiter on a weekly basis to let her know I was still interested.