Bank of America

Average Difficulty
285 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – You have a phone interview followed by an in person interview with two people which can be intense dependent upon the location of the bank you are applying for. some places prefer bilingual.

Interview Question – Why BoA   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – I went to a job fair. The interview process was fairly easy and stress free. They asked me a couple questions and they seemed to really like me. I didn't have a resume. I left confident that I had the job but it took two months for me to finally get hired. I would call the recruiter on a weekly basis to let her know I was still interested.

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process took 4+ weeks.

I started with the online assessment, which I passed. Then the phone interview came, beginning with HR, and then the local hiring manager who scheduled a face-to-face interview with the store manager.

I interviewed with the store and assistant manager, who asked a lot of situation questions, so be prepared for those. Also, know the products and services. That is a question they'll want to know.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if your coworker was in a bad mood, and there was no way of getting him or her out of that bad mood?   Answer Question
  • The bank is backed up, and customers are waiting in line. When they reach you, they're very upset. How do you handle that?   Answer Question
  • A customer "doesn't have time" to hear about products and services today. How do you respond?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Long process, 3 interviews, WB assessment, HR over the phone, manager interview, offer letter

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much room for negotiation

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone interview. Group interview. Manager interview. Hired.

Interview Question – Why Bank of America?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base pay- no negotiation

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Contacted first by someone in HR for phone interview. Asked basic questions like, " give me a time when..." Asked to complete an online assesement where you had to select the bills you would give back to customers, most likely trying to gauge your accuracy and quickness. Then called in for a face to face interview with a local branch manager. An hour after the face to face interview I received a call fro HR offering me the position.

Interview Question – All basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Olney, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring went very smoothly, did a lot of training on the computer and got paid for training

Interview Question – nothing was really difficult about the interviewing or hiring process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I came into the bank and the supervisor of the site liked they way i carried myself and spoke tothers he asked if i'd like to come in for an interview and possible get a position as a teller. i said yes right away and came back about a week later for a short interview and got hired and started training.

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2011.

Interview Details – First there was an online exam to ensure you could do basic money counting, phone interview next and finally a face to face interview. Great experience overall. Manager I interviewed with and I really got along.

Interview Question – You are required to balance your teller drawer daily. Is it better to be short or over money?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initially I was offered base pay if accepted for the position, but after the interview, I was offered a lot more. No Negotiation.

Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my profile resume and questionnaire online, I got a call, where I was asked some questions and told I made it through to the group interview round. I interviewed in California, at the anaheim branch and it was freezing. Bring a jacket! They split us into groups and asked questions about our experience, some role playing in smaller groups and then 1 on 1 interviews. My recruiter was Maritza who was great and told me I should hear from them by that following Monday. I made it through to the next round and had an interview at the branch I was applying for because the hiring manager was unable to make it to the interviews in the group setting. It seemed to go well at the interview and they said they will get back to me within another week.

Interview Question – They want to know if you're willing to tell and refer products and services as tellers. not really unexpected, buy they try and see your experience in that area.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Several steps. Applied online first, Then phone, then several online tests, then interview with Branch Manager, then sent to a testing center for fingerprints and consent to background check. .

Interview Question – Do not remember any   Answer Question