Bank of America Teller Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.6

290 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

Contacted first by someone in HR for phone interview. Asked basic questions like, " give me a time when..." Asked to complete an online assesement where you had to select the bills you would give back to customers, most likely trying to gauge your accuracy and quickness. Then called in for a face to face interview with a local branch manager. An hour after the face to face interview I received a call fro HR offering me the position.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olney, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Hiring went very smoothly, did a lot of training on the computer and got paid for training

Interview Questions
    • nothing was really difficult about the interviewing or hiring process   Answer Question
    I came into the bank and the supervisor of the site liked they way i carried myself and spoke tothers he asked if i'd like to come in for an interview and possible get a position as a teller. i said yes right away and came back about a week later for a short interview and got hired and started training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2011.

First there was an online exam to ensure you could do basic money counting, phone interview next and finally a face to face interview. Great experience overall. Manager I interviewed with and I really got along.

Interview Questions
    • You are required to balance your teller drawer daily. Is it better to be short or over money?   View Answer
    Initially I was offered base pay if accepted for the position, but after the interview, I was offered a lot more. No Negotiation.

Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2013.

After submitting my profile resume and questionnaire online, I got a call, where I was asked some questions and told I made it through to the group interview round. I interviewed in California, at the anaheim branch and it was freezing. Bring a jacket! They split us into groups and asked questions about our experience, some role playing in smaller groups and then 1 on 1 interviews. My recruiter was Maritza who was great and told me I should hear from them by that following Monday. I made it through to the next round and had an interview at the branch I was applying for because the hiring manager was unable to make it to the interviews in the group setting. It seemed to go well at the interview and they said they will get back to me within another week.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know if you're willing to tell and refer products and services as tellers. not really unexpected, buy they try and see your experience in that area.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Several steps. Applied online first, Then phone, then several online tests, then interview with Branch Manager, then sent to a testing center for fingerprints and consent to background check. .

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2009.

great process, asked many quetions aproximatly about sales experience, how to handle dificult situation with customers, very relaxing, every participant gets a chanse to speck and share their specific experience with the human resource spetialist. At the end of interview you can ask question yourself about company values and what they apreciate the most in their employee

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2013.

We'll done. Very organized and structured questions.

Interview Questions

Didn't meet my salary requirement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2011.

The interview process was actually quite seamless and easy. It was a group interview with four other candidates and myself with one hiring manager. The hiring manager would ask us each question and see how we got along with each other. Overall, it was very professional, average interview time, and great networking (surprisingly). After the group interview I was contacted by the hiring manager who wanted to set up a one-on-one interview with the assistant manager of one of the local branches. That interview went fairly fast as well with the standard questions you would see in most interview situations.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had was during the group interview when I was asked how to respond to a yelling, difficult customer who refused to leave. The hiring manager acted as the customer in a role playing situation - it was very real and quite out of the ordinary. (I see now its importance in the job).   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

The hiring process is very typical for this type of position. The recruiting team does a great job of communicating with you throughout the process and will even email you additional information about the job prior to your interview to give you an idea of what an average day looks like for a teller. Interviews are very cookie-cutter when it comes to questions such as "tell me about a time when..." and "what would you do in this example situation". You get a great chance to interview your branch manager as well in terms of expectations and general office information. Be prepared to answer questions about your ability to upsell customers and how you handle customer service situations. Being a part of the financial industry means having a higher level of professionalism, so make sure to highlight those abilities regardless of the location you may be interviewing at.

Interview Questions
    • While no specific question is overly difficult or unexpected, make sure to have examples of your customer service, problem solving, and upselling abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America.

First got an telephone interview with a recruiter. Then got schedule for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Not a very difficult interview basic interview questions. Just be as friendly as possible and keep in mind its a customer service orientated job.