Bank of America

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – The whole process was very simple. There was an online portion, which consisted of the application and a personality assessment type quiz. Then a phone interview. Then there was a 1-1 with the recruiter. And the last step was an interview with the hiring manager. All in all the process was straight forward and a one track path.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell something to the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – There was a phone call from the recruiter. He was extremely nice. There was a face-to-face meeting with the Market Manager as well as the Branch Manager. I received a phone call shortly after the interviews letting me know that I was hired. Overall, it was standard practice for a bank.

Interview Question – There were a lot of scenario based questions about performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate. Said I was at the top of the pay grade.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

Interview Details – Online appliation was submitted, took about three weeks before recving any info from BOA. Finally received a online assessment invite. Completed this and ws then contacted by recurtier to do a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked basic questions in ref. to expeiance, reason for leaving previous job and a basic customer contact question. Next day I was scheduled to attend a face to face with the branch manager. I was told how process would go, expalined the expectations and givin a brief description of the role itself, in addition to some background about BOA. Interview went well sent off for background was told it could take up to nine days and now I'm pending a response.

Interview Question – How would you handle a teller that was always out of balance,yet all other work was being performed beyond expectations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pending background info, no nego as of this moment.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Blacksburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2012.

Interview Details – Be sure to submit an application online. Once that process is done you will likely be contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter feels you out as a candidate before asking you to complete a skills test (if required for role). Once you pass the skills test you are then scheduled an interview with the Hiring Manager. At this phase the manager does a very standard interview with a potential for role play (so be comfortable with enacting a sales skit). If the manager is comfortable with your interview and approves you along there is one phone interview done with the Market Manager (the hiring manager's supervisor). They will then ask you very similar questions along with another possibility for a role play. If they ask the same types of questions you are given about 2-4 days between the 1-1 interview and the phone interview so use the time to better connect with the questions. If approved the recruiter will then contact you with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a situation where you recognized and sold a product as a need the customer didn't know about?   Answer Question
  • If asked what words would your manager use to describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once contacted with an offer you are able to negotiate. I would suggest doing so to better gain the need for the position to be filled and to better place yourself within the company. Your raise from here on out will depend on a relatively high starting salary.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – You will submit an application via website and if they like your application a recruiter will e-mail any necessary assessments if they decide to proceed. If you pass the assessments the recruiter will do a phone interview with you and if they like you will set up an interview with who your direct manager would be. In some instances instead of interviewing with the direct manager they will do what is called a round table and you and a few others applying for the same position will interview with a bunch of managers looking to fill the same position. If a manager takes a liking to you they will offer you a position. Round tables are usually done for outside candidates, while one on one interviews are done for internal candidates.

Interview Question – Was currently employed as a Sales Specialist with the bank and was underperforming in my sales categories because I was filling in as the Teller Operations Specialist in her absence. Was asked, "Based on how low your current performance metrics are, why should we hire you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They make an offer and make it seem like there is to be no negotiation. However, if you tell them you were looking for a little more they will usually wiggle a little bit but nothing too substantial.

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is pretty quick, it takes about 2 weeks. Interview could last for an hour.

Interview Question – If one of your teller comes late most of the time, would you adjust her or his schedule to coming in at a later time??? How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you can negotiate base on experience, distance and size of Banking Center.

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was an internal applicant, as they don't tend to hire management outside. I was a teller for a little over 6 months (with 5+ years retail management experience prior), before applying for promotion. Interview had little focus on sales, more focus on coaching and training experience, as the job expectation is to train the tellers. As a teller they expect you to exceed referral goals, and have perfect attendance with no latencies. Interviewed with Manager and Assistant Manager. Was supposed to have a 2nd interview with the Market Manager, but their schedule was full, so I was promoted after just one interview.

Interview Question – How would you exceed branch goals and expectations for teller referrals? / Role play coaching situations with tellers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offers will vary drastically based on location. I spoke with my manager a few days before the interview, we agreed that 40k would be acceptable, and that was the offer made after the interview.

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Initial interview is a group interview, 11-15 candidates, 5-8 managers, filling multiple positions. Banking Center have sales goals to meet, a candidate is more desirable if they can help achieve sales goals.

Interview Question – The interview requires you to sell a product, one that you may know nothing about. So be familiar with their products and make sure you convey the "value" and "relationship" you are building with the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details – Online Assessment
Phone Interview with a recruiter
In person interview with Branch Manager and another employee

Interview Question – How would you teach someone who just wasn't getting a process?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Went through 3 interviews 2 over the phone and the other at the bank took over two weeks

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I went in for a teller operation specialist but they called me and offered me the teller position. I am desperate and needed a job.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!