Bank of America

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.7

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

had 2 phone interviews, then a one on one with a branch manager. I am now waiting on an interview with another manager next week. Everything went well in the interview! I am nervous about the next one. They say that is the final interview. Waiting is the worse!!

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

First thing you do is apply online then the recruiter calls you asks you a couple of questions and you answer some questions online. Then the manager interviews you along with the district manager. They ask you a couple of questions for about 30min. Then less than a week later the recruiter calls me back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • how would you provide coaching to a co worker that said something unprofessional to another co worker.   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiating. The push back was that offer was the highest they can go. It was a stepping stone and good experience to add to my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

I applied online, and about 3 weeks later I received a call from a staffing recruiter. She asked me a few questions about the position and my work history and then informed me of the interview date. There was going to be a group interview with about 20 different candidates, all applying for the same job title, but different locations.
    3 days later, it was time for the interview, in the group setting with 2 men, the banking center manager, and a recruiting manager. We were told to dress professional, and bring a copy of our resume. We were given an availability sheet to sign, and then we were informed on the job qualifications, the bank's brand and brief history, as well as their culture and values.
    The recruiter asked each of us the following questions:
    1. Give a 30 second summary of our resume(including school,age,work history and any other details),as well as why we think Bank of America would benefit from our experience, whether or not we had any banking experience, and what our career goals were.
    2. Give a detailed SPECIFIC time where we went over and above for a customer.
    3. A detailed SPECIFIC time where we were able to recommend additional products to a customer by uncovering needs.
    3. A role play with the manager about how to greet and sell products to customers in a fake banking situation.

Tips:
    Dress EXTREMELY professional (jacket, closed toe shoes) and very conservative.
    SMILE a lot...the Teller role and all bank positions are very friendly.
    Be confident, speak up first and try to be as detailed as possible.
    Be ALL ABOUT the customer service.** This is the number one thing they look for** and also ask personalized questions as often as you can, especially in the role play.

2 days after my group interview I was set up on another interview in the actual bank location I was applying for with the banking manager and the assistant, which then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give a 30 second summary of your resume, what you hope to get out of Bank of America, and what are your career goals.   Answer Question
    • Give a specific scenario when you went over and above to make a customer happy.   Answer Question
    I was told the starting rate for Teller was $11.30 an hour, but it depends on the location and market.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in December 2010.

Hiring is pretty quick, it takes about 2 weeks. Interview could last for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • If one of your teller comes late most of the time, would you adjust her or his schedule to coming in at a later time??? How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    you can negotiate base on experience, distance and size of Banking Center.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

You will submit an application via website and if they like your application a recruiter will e-mail any necessary assessments if they decide to proceed. If you pass the assessments the recruiter will do a phone interview with you and if they like you will set up an interview with who your direct manager would be. In some instances instead of interviewing with the direct manager they will do what is called a round table and you and a few others applying for the same position will interview with a bunch of managers looking to fill the same position. If a manager takes a liking to you they will offer you a position. Round tables are usually done for outside candidates, while one on one interviews are done for internal candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Was currently employed as a Sales Specialist with the bank and was underperforming in my sales categories because I was filling in as the Teller Operations Specialist in her absence. Was asked, "Based on how low your current performance metrics are, why should we hire you?"   View Answer
    They make an offer and make it seem like there is to be no negotiation. However, if you tell them you were looking for a little more they will usually wiggle a little bit but nothing too substantial.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2012.

Be sure to submit an application online. Once that process is done you will likely be contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter feels you out as a candidate before asking you to complete a skills test (if required for role). Once you pass the skills test you are then scheduled an interview with the Hiring Manager. At this phase the manager does a very standard interview with a potential for role play (so be comfortable with enacting a sales skit). If the manager is comfortable with your interview and approves you along there is one phone interview done with the Market Manager (the hiring manager's supervisor). They will then ask you very similar questions along with another possibility for a role play. If they ask the same types of questions you are given about 2-4 days between the 1-1 interview and the phone interview so use the time to better connect with the questions. If approved the recruiter will then contact you with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a situation where you recognized and sold a product as a need the customer didn't know about?   Answer Question
    • If asked what words would your manager use to describe you?   Answer Question
    Once contacted with an offer you are able to negotiate. I would suggest doing so to better gain the need for the position to be filled and to better place yourself within the company. Your raise from here on out will depend on a relatively high starting salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

Online appliation was submitted, took about three weeks before recving any info from BOA. Finally received a online assessment invite. Completed this and ws then contacted by recurtier to do a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked basic questions in ref. to expeiance, reason for leaving previous job and a basic customer contact question. Next day I was scheduled to attend a face to face with the branch manager. I was told how process would go, expalined the expectations and givin a brief description of the role itself, in addition to some background about BOA. Interview went well sent off for background was told it could take up to nine days and now I'm pending a response.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a teller that was always out of balance,yet all other work was being performed beyond expectations?   View Answer
    Pending background info, no nego as of this moment.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

There was a phone call from the recruiter. He was extremely nice. There was a face-to-face meeting with the Market Manager as well as the Branch Manager. I received a phone call shortly after the interviews letting me know that I was hired. Overall, it was standard practice for a bank.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of scenario based questions about performance.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate. Said I was at the top of the pay grade.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Online Assessment
    Phone Interview with a recruiter
    In person interview with Branch Manager and another employee

Interview Questions
    • How would you teach someone who just wasn't getting a process?   Answer Question

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

Initial interview is a group interview, 11-15 candidates, 5-8 managers, filling multiple positions. Banking Center have sales goals to meet, a candidate is more desirable if they can help achieve sales goals.

Interview Questions
    • The interview requires you to sell a product, one that you may know nothing about. So be familiar with their products and make sure you convey the "value" and "relationship" you are building with the customer.   Answer Question
    no negotiations.