Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

It's nuts, Regular Questions on handling complaints and banking experience, counting out a drawer, answering phones, and handing complaints off to an available manager.
Called on Phone
Set interview
Standard

Interview Questions

• None, if you have experience they will hire you.. So many leaving it's crazy.. They need help bad..   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Seattle, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

they take too much time, i do not feel they put enough effort to really help those who are applying for work... apparently i was over qualified and they will probably give the position to some less qualified.. go figure... the interviews are easy, the process is angered me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The first step in the process was an online assessment. The results were displayed immediately after the test was completed, which was nice. Very silly basic questions: "Do you prefer to: (a) sleep at work or (b) work at work?" After about two weeks came two 5-minute telephone interviews with HR. A few dayslater came a full 45-minute phone interview. This covered basic work history, strengths / weaknesses, availability, behavioral questions and a little role-playing. A few days later I was called for an interview with the market manager who was very pleasant. Honestly, the interview was delightful. She did ask some tough questions, but most were the expected interview basics - why are you leaving your current job, why hire you for this position, what can you bring to the job, what skills do you feel would be key to succeeding in this position, etc. A few days later I got a call back for an interview with the manager of the branch that had the opening. This interview was shorter, but the questions were more specific to the actual job I was being considered for. Two days later I got the offer.

All in all, they do want you to jump through some hoops. However, this seems to be more of a corporate issue - most others who interview with BofA go through the same multi-step process (and I mean MULTI). A lot of interviewers seem to have a group or panel interview step which I was, thankfully, spared. Other than the length of the process and the added anxiety and pressure of three-plus interviews the overall experience is not so bad. The people I came across struck me as kind and intelligent, which made speaking to them more pleasant than the typical dry question-answer-question-answer interviews where you're spitting out info like a robot.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to enter this field, as opposed to sales or customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would the supervisor at your current job describe you? How would you describe yourself? How do you account for the differences in the two answers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an acceptable offer - did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Bank of America (Miami, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. First it was phone , then the group interview and then meeting the Assistant Manager and Manger.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Richmond, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

They asked my name, I asked a couple of questions, and then walked around and then asked for my references, and had me fill out a security form for background checks

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Macon, GA) in November 2007.

Interview

The first interview was by phone, the interviewer called me and we talked for about 30min going over what the position was and my qualifications and a short personality test to see if I was a good canidate for the job. I recieved a call back to set up a time for a panel interview for the position. This interview was about 45min long and the panel consisted of 6 Branch Managers/ Asst. Managers and the Market Manager. Each of them took turns asking me questions about teamwork and how to lead a team to meet their goals. They were very nice and organised but having so many people there and none of them were from the Management Team for the center I had applied for and so it kind of turned me off the the company. I think a manager should have some say is who is working for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that didn't complete its task. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Promoted from within.
    Interview with corp recruiter, then branch manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was actually pretty painless. The recruiters are very friendly, and get back to you in a very timely manner. I always had a phone call with feedback the day after each interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to help the team prepare for an audit situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was good enough that no negotiating was needed.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

Interview

had 2 phone interviews, then a one on one with a branch manager. I am now waiting on an interview with another manager next week. Everything went well in the interview! I am nervous about the next one. They say that is the final interview. Waiting is the worse!!

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview

First thing you do is apply online then the recruiter calls you asks you a couple of questions and you answer some questions online. Then the manager interviews you along with the district manager. They ask you a couple of questions for about 30min. Then less than a week later the recruiter calls me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• how would you provide coaching to a co worker that said something unprofessional to another co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiating. The push back was that offer was the highest they can go. It was a stepping stone and good experience to add to my resume.