Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2009.

they take too much time, i do not feel they put enough effort to really help those who are applying for work... apparently i was over qualified and they will probably give the position to some less qualified.. go figure... the interviews are easy, the process is angered me

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

The first step in the process was an online assessment. The results were displayed immediately after the test was completed, which was nice. Very silly basic questions: "Do you prefer to: (a) sleep at work or (b) work at work?" After about two weeks came two 5-minute telephone interviews with HR. A few dayslater came a full 45-minute phone interview. This covered basic work history, strengths / weaknesses, availability, behavioral questions and a little role-playing. A few days later I was called for an interview with the market manager who was very pleasant. Honestly, the interview was delightful. She did ask some tough questions, but most were the expected interview basics - why are you leaving your current job, why hire you for this position, what can you bring to the job, what skills do you feel would be key to succeeding in this position, etc. A few days later I got a call back for an interview with the manager of the branch that had the opening. This interview was shorter, but the questions were more specific to the actual job I was being considered for. Two days later I got the offer.

All in all, they do want you to jump through some hoops. However, this seems to be more of a corporate issue - most others who interview with BofA go through the same multi-step process (and I mean MULTI). A lot of interviewers seem to have a group or panel interview step which I was, thankfully, spared. Other than the length of the process and the added anxiety and pressure of three-plus interviews the overall experience is not so bad. The people I came across struck me as kind and intelligent, which made speaking to them more pleasant than the typical dry question-answer-question-answer interviews where you're spitting out info like a robot.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to enter this field, as opposed to sales or customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would the supervisor at your current job describe you? How would you describe yourself? How do you account for the differences in the two answers?   Answer Question
    They made an acceptable offer - did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2007.

The first interview was by phone, the interviewer called me and we talked for about 30min going over what the position was and my qualifications and a short personality test to see if I was a good canidate for the job. I recieved a call back to set up a time for a panel interview for the position. This interview was about 45min long and the panel consisted of 6 Branch Managers/ Asst. Managers and the Market Manager. Each of them took turns asking me questions about teamwork and how to lead a team to meet their goals. They were very nice and organised but having so many people there and none of them were from the Management Team for the center I had applied for and so it kind of turned me off the the company. I think a manager should have some say is who is working for them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that didn't complete its task. How did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Promoted from within.
    Interview with corp recruiter, then branch manager.

None.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Very simple interview process. Applied online and got called in for an interview with the assistant manager and the teller supervisor. Fairly basic questions, mostly behavior based questions. They were both easy going and made the interview very comfortable.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

The interview process was actually pretty painless. The recruiters are very friendly, and get back to you in a very timely manner. I always had a phone call with feedback the day after each interview.

Interview Questions
    • What can you do to help the team prepare for an audit situation?   Answer Question
    The offer was good enough that no negotiating was needed.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

First thing you do is apply online then the recruiter calls you asks you a couple of questions and you answer some questions online. Then the manager interviews you along with the district manager. They ask you a couple of questions for about 30min. Then less than a week later the recruiter calls me back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • how would you provide coaching to a co worker that said something unprofessional to another co worker.   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiating. The push back was that offer was the highest they can go. It was a stepping stone and good experience to add to my resume.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2010.

had 2 phone interviews, then a one on one with a branch manager. I am now waiting on an interview with another manager next week. Everything went well in the interview! I am nervous about the next one. They say that is the final interview. Waiting is the worse!!

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2008.

Current employee applying for new position within the company. Interview by phone with recruiter was followed by interview with direct manager hiring for position. Be truthful and speak from experience as they are looking to see how you relate to customers and coworkers alike. They will ask questions about how you have dealt with difficult situations and will also ask about experience coaching associates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the situation and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

i applied online, did the online assessment which is pretty simple and requieres consistant answers. Then i got a call from recruiter , setting up time and date for a phone interview, and this one went for alomost 30 min, with questions regd. previous employment, role play and future plans. Then they sent me an email for background check. After submitting this , i have been asked to attend a one on one interview with the bank manager, at the branch , just getting prepared for that, im sure i will do better .

Interview Questions

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!