Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America
- Teller (379)
- Personal Banker (219)
- Intern (52)
- Banking Center Manager (47)
- Technology Analyst (45)
- Customer Service Representative (44)
- Analyst (39)
- Summer Analyst (37)
- Vice President (34)
- Teller Operations Specialist (33)
- Sales & Service Specialist (32)
- Financial Analyst (28)
- Investment Banking Analyst (24)
- Operations Analyst (21)
- Sales and Service Specialist (20)
- Bank Teller (19)
- Software Developer (19)
- Fraud Analyst (18)
- Part Time Teller (18)
- Business Analyst (18)
- Team Member (17)
- Project Manager (17)
- Credit Analyst (17)
- Banking Center Assistant Manager (17)
- Software Engineer (17)
- Assistant Vice President (16)
- Senior Software Engineer (15)
- Financial Advisor (15)
- Quantitative Analyst (13)
- Mortgage Loan Officer (13)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.
Process was quite good, made you do the online tests before answering the questions which I prefer. Interview took about 30 minutes and was nothing really technical, more competency based.
- Why did you pick the first and second division? Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted Offer
Firstly you must fill in the online application and then you will be sent numerical tests
After this the only other round was an assessment centre:
- Individual presentation - very hard!
- Two interviews
- Group exercise - prepare for lots of grilling questions!
- Numerical test - online practice is useless, as this is very different and is much harder
- Competency question on an ethical dillema Answer Question
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Bank of America.
I would consider the process and questions as very standard for bank. I had three interviews with different people one of which was with human resources and one with the hiring manager
- no difficult or unexpected questions were asked or presented during the interview process Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
Introduced by a job agency. I started with the direct interviews (I was informed there would be around 3 rounds of interviews, but I just did the first one and haven't got the feedback yet). The first interview was completely technical - sorry details of the questions couldn't be provided as I've promised the interviewers. However they were about calculus, probablility, stocastic differenctial equation (mainly about the BS model), modelling (didn't have to be a specific language) and related finance. They started from an easy question in each aspect and increased the difficulties as you progressed, but hints would be provided friendly.
Whole process was 1hour + 15 mins of the questions for the interviewers.
Very friendly discussions throughout the interview.
- Can't provide details, but some questions might take a while to solve if you are weak in any aspect (maths, modelling, finance), but as mentioned, they provide friendly hints. Answer Question
- No Offer
Online application form, online numerical test and then if you pass you get a telephone interview. Got the telephone interview and basic competency and motivation questions. Questions included why baml, why the spring week, what has been your greatest achievement and etc,
- Describe a time where you had a disagreement with a collegue. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Bank of America.
Had initial application with logical reasoning test which was easy. Then got through to the assessment center where the day was structured:
1) Case study with presentation to one person
2) Case study group exercise
3) Technical interview with my chosen language. Basic CS fundamentals, if you do a CS degree then this should be a breeze.
4) Standard interview. Normal questions.
Most of my interviewers were lovely and our guides through the day were great. Really ended up enjoying it and felt very relaxed throughout.
- Nothing particularly hard. Perhaps describe a situation I was a team leader and had something go wrong Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Bank of America.
Applied online, straightforward application. Had a couple of online tests, numerical reasoning, logical reasoning, fairly standard. Got fast tracked to the assessment centre so bypassed the phone interviews and in person interviews.
At the assessment centre:
- had to solve a timed technical case study and do a short presentation
- had to solve another case study in a group and do a slightly longer presentation
- short technical interview (Java, data structures, etc)
- short competency interview (working in groups, difficult scenarios)
Received a response in 2 working days, very impressed by that.
- Name a few methods present in all Java util classes. 1 Answer
No negotiation involved as it was a summer analyst/intern role.
- No Offer
An online test was requested. I was then offered to come in for an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of: presentation, group exercise, logical reasoning test, competency-based and a technical interview.
The HR team were very friendly and I got a really good impression of the bank from the assessment centre.
- Can you describe what agile development is 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferDifficult Interview
interviewed at Bank of America (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.
Lengthy online application form, Online Tests - numerical tests done and then immediately logical tests. Received no phone interviews afterwards. Despite better than average performance on online assessments. Suggestion: better do not apply for UK offices if you are not local/ if you hold other passports/ if you are not from Oxbridge/LSE. Save your time and effort for school exams or other worthy causes.
- No phone interviews Answer Question
- No Offer
5 different exercises - 2 interviews, one individual presentation, one group exercise and a maths test. This take place over about the period of 6 hours with a networking lunch in between which is with all the people who will be interviewing you on the day so use this lunch to your advantage
- Know your technical stuff like options, bonds and the technical stuff to do with that. Be armed with at least 2 trade/investment ideas Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review