Bank of America

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – 3 over the phone interviews. Very pleasant and straightforward. Offer letter came 2 days later after a background check, and I negotiated base increase. Start date was less than 2 weeks out. Very well managed process and professional experience.

Interview Question – The questions were basic and comfortable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a bump on the base salary.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews in one day in HQ. Just be yourself. Many "tell me about the time" questions. Some wanted you to ask all the questions.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Friendly and informative

Negotiation Details – Respectful

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Very detail oriented interview touching on skills necessary for the job

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Typically, 2-3 phone interviews initially followed by 2-3 in person interviews.

Interview Question – An actual "case study" may be discussed and analyzed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the negotiation phase occurred entirely with the in house recruiter via phone and email.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was referred by someone I knew in HR. I met with the hiring manager and the head of the group for 30 min interviews each. It felt pretty informal and was more of a 'get to know each other' conversation. I went back to meet with two peers in the group and was given an offer shortly after. This was ML in 2007, I imagine BoA may have changed it.

Negotiation Details – It doesn't hurt to ask (within reason).

Vice President

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – One to one interview, few group of people interview and then sent to Human resource

Interview Question – Technical question related to Job   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

Interview Details – Resume faxed to HR, phone interview followed by a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2012.

Interview Details – It appears that at this level of experience, they are looking for someone with strong internal references and Industry experience.

Interview Question – Reverse linked list.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call from a headhunter for a VP role in internal valuation control group. Initial in-person interview with the manager, then several phone interviews with other people. They seemed all over the place, no sense of coherent culture or ask of what they were looking for

Interview Question – Easy interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much uncertainty about banks direction at the time

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!