Bank of America

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews in one day in HQ. Just be yourself. Many "tell me about the time" questions. Some wanted you to ask all the questions.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details – Friendly and informative

Negotiation Details – Respectful

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – Very detail oriented interview touching on skills necessary for the job

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Typically, 2-3 phone interviews initially followed by 2-3 in person interviews.

Interview Question – An actual "case study" may be discussed and analyzed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the negotiation phase occurred entirely with the in house recruiter via phone and email.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – I was referred by someone I knew in HR. I met with the hiring manager and the head of the group for 30 min interviews each. It felt pretty informal and was more of a 'get to know each other' conversation. I went back to meet with two peers in the group and was given an offer shortly after. This was ML in 2007, I imagine BoA may have changed it.

Negotiation Details – It doesn't hurt to ask (within reason).

Vice President

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – One to one interview, few group of people interview and then sent to Human resource

Interview Question – Technical question related to Job   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2011.

Interview Details – Resume faxed to HR, phone interview followed by a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2012.

Interview Details – It appears that at this level of experience, they are looking for someone with strong internal references and Industry experience.

Interview Question – Reverse linked list.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call from a headhunter for a VP role in internal valuation control group. Initial in-person interview with the manager, then several phone interviews with other people. They seemed all over the place, no sense of coherent culture or ask of what they were looking for

Interview Question – Easy interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much uncertainty about banks direction at the time

Vice President

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details – initial interview through career fair for MBA

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. standard package for mba

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Vice President interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.