Bank of America Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

3.1

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Single HR phone interview with subsequent hiring manager interview. HR contacted me based on a prior application for a different job. Focus was on a "walk-through" of the resume in interviews with HR, hiring manager's executive and hiring manager's colleague. Last interview with hiring manager focused more on technical skills important to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not open to negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Got an interview through a friend. Took a month or two. Just asked mainly fit questions. First round with MD. Second round with rest of team. Third round with 8 or so traders and sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very happy with offer.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

More behavioral than anything else. Wanted to get a sense of having somewhat of a quantitative background (either academic or professional) but otherwise it was behavioral. They preferred people with a risk and p&l background which I had so that aligned well.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about large US banks' debt footprints since 2008?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not willing to negotiate much on base salary. Got additional $5K through negotiations.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

3 over the phone interviews. Very pleasant and straightforward. Offer letter came 2 days later after a background check, and I negotiated base increase. Start date was less than 2 weeks out. Very well managed process and professional experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a bump on the base salary.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Friendly and informative

Negotiation

Respectful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Very detail oriented interview touching on skills necessary for the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by someone I knew in HR. I met with the hiring manager and the head of the group for 30 min interviews each. It felt pretty informal and was more of a 'get to know each other' conversation. I went back to meet with two peers in the group and was given an offer shortly after. This was ML in 2007, I imagine BoA may have changed it.

Negotiation

It doesn't hurt to ask (within reason).

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

One to one interview, few group of people interview and then sent to Human resource

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

initial interview through career fair for MBA

Negotiation

no negotiation. standard package for mba

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY).

Interview

All questions were straight forward right out of interview questions 101. Nothing Unexpected. To have a sucsesful interview you need to find away to connect with the interviewer. Don't just spit out one rehearsed answer at a time make a connection.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers seemed board. focus on conveying your strengths but make sure you are making a connection   Answer Question

I took another job offer