Bank of East Asia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of East Asia.

Interview

hr+ hiring manager, very standardized. one of the hr is not that efficient. overall no surprise questions. need to show good and humble attitude, wiling to learn and hard working.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of East Asia.

Interview

no formal interview but have a call to ask some basic questions, like your education, your working experience, your social activity.

information shared by my classmates and applied.

information shared by my classmates and applied.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of East Asia.

Interview

Group exercise
    - case study wf a group to solve a problem
    - in cantonese
    - hv 15 min to prep n 30 min to discuss

written test
    - two questions one in chin n one in eng
    - only hv 30min to write both
    - the questions are not hard, just set some conditions n ask u to solve

presentation

*only one hr in the whole process

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of East Asia.

Interview

1. online application-2. group interview: self-introduction, group discussion of a case study, individual presentation in English and Mandarin on the prepared the topics -3. individual presentation:I didnt proceed to this process -4. final interview: I didnt proceed to this process

Interview Questions

• a case study of BEA's employee expansion and office space shortage   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of East Asia in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to complete numerical and verbal tests online months after.
    First a case study (group discussion in Cantonese; 15mins preparation and 30mins discussion ), then Written Test in both Chinese and English (30mins), lastly a presentation in Mandarin and English which the topics are provided ahead for preparation

Interview Questions

• The case study is about BEA Tower has no enough working space, give suggestions about that   Answer Question

Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of East Asia (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted the application in early August, then I passed the aptitude test. Lastly, I came to a group interview with two department heads, it's a 4 to 2 interview group discussion.
    During the interview, we did a 1 min self-introduction first, then we discussed the concept of risk, the news related to bank. It's in cantonese.

Interview

A group interview (A case study, discussion conducted in cantonese), followed by individual presentations (one mandarin presentation and one english presentation which can be prepared in advance)

Interview Questions

• case study, which commercial tower should be considered for expansion   Answer Question

Interview

Was first invited to a verbal and mathematical assessment. After passing the assessment there was a group interview with HR in which the first part was group discussion, followed by a written assessment and lastly a short interview in which the interviewee had to complete two tasks that were predetermined.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't enough time provided for the business case.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of East Asia.

Interview

I filled out the online application form, then they called after a few weeks and asked for an interview. It was a group interview, and it consisted of three parts. The first part is introduction and second part debate, then third part written exam. It required the candidates to know all three languages: canton, mandarin and english. Nothing special about the first round, just prepare to speak three languages.

Interview Questions

• The written exam asked about behavioral questions, I remember one question asked if a client gives you a red pocket for CNY (HKD 5000), should you accept it knowing that this client will soon apply a loan from you? And what should you do under such circumstances?   Answer Question

Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of East Asia in July 2011.

Interview

There were 2 managers and 1 human resources manager interviewing 5 candidates. We took turns to introduce ourselves and the panel started throwing questions to us about various topics including banking, social and financial issues. The process took about 1 hour. Candidates were very strong and the panel was quite harsh.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the qualities of a banker?   1 Answer