Bank of Hawaii

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii.

Interview Details – Online application, Phone interview (hr representative) , 3 one-on-one interviews either in person or via video conference, and final interview. During the interview representatives would ask typical resume questions to find out more about interviewee and how he or she will fit to their company's goals and culture. The interviewers had casual and comfortable presence to soothe the interview process.

Interview Question – Explain how you would design a car for a deaf person.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Trust Interview

Trust
Honolulu, HI

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1 in-person interview with 4 different managers. No technical questions nor test. No walk around to meet co-workers & see the work environment(I needed this). About an hour long. No follow up interview. Laid-back questions and patient in waiting for the candidate's answer. Overall, the easiest interview I ever had. It almost felt insufficient and made me wonder whether the interviewees decided "No" quickly. Turned out they could tell who I am easily and it was "Yes".

Interview Question – What are you looking for to do here?   Answer Question

Peak-Day Teller Interview

Peak-Day Teller
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, in-person interview with service supervisor and manager within the month of applying.

Interview Question – Asked to sell a pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Teller Interview

Teller
Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in June 2013.

Interview Details – You fill out a Taleo application, which includes one of those "what would you do in this scenario?" tests. After this, there was no phone interview, we went directly into an interview in person. There, you get a professional/experience interview, followed by a personal interview (interests, where do you see yourself in a few years?)

Interview Question – "If you were an animal, which would you be?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They simply called me up a week later and offered me the position.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of Hawaii.

Interview Details – Applied online received a phone call for an interview. Completed an interview but didn't get an offer then received a phone call a few months later asking to interview for project management position. The process was not difficult neither was the interview process. They wanted to get to know me and see where I could fit.

Interview Question – With your schedule how are you able to do everything?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was one day long. It was a panel with the entire department in which I would be hired to work in. Questions were very detailed and behavior-based. Team was pleasant and easy to speak with.

The decision making process took a couple of weeks before they got back to me with an offer.

Interview Question – How will you benefit the HR team as a whole?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and simple.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Kapolei, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR Personnel called me probably 3 days after resume submission. Phone interview with HR personnel. I believe HR person schedules next interview with the vp of the call center department. Discuss resume. What is good customer service? How comfortable are you in using computers? Call center personnel did not mention anything about benefits, pay or whatever. However, she toured me around the facility already. After a week HR called to offer the position. Asked me to come in and fill up papers and discuss more about the pay and benefits. It was roughly 3 weeks process before I actually started my orientation.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you in using computers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Consumer Banking Representative Interview

Consumer Banking Representative
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in August 2012.

Interview Details – contacted through e-mail and instant exposure to mid-level execs

Interview Question – why should I pay you more?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward with some negotiating

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Honolulu, HI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in November 2009.

Interview Details – HR scheduled 2 face to face interviews, different days. They were both short and concise.

Negotiation Details – NO

Wealth Administrator Interview

Wealth Administrator
Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't easy but it wasn't hard. Just your typical questions of how you would handle certain situations. Why you want the job and why you want to leave your current job. The environment was very relaxed and I felt very comfortable.

Interview Question – What do you expect to be your biggest challenge from this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bank of Hawaii? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of Hawaii interview questions and advice in Hawaii. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of Hawaii employees and interview candidates.