Bank of Hawaii

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Wealth Administrator Interview

I had initially applied for a different job but was contacted for this position which was a better fit. I had 3 interviews, the first with 2 from the dept, the second with the Manager, then a third with an advisor who would eventually be my supervisor. I was very impressed with the professional office atmosphere. This company takes a long time to schedule interviews and make hiring decisions, so don't be surprised with a long wait.

Interview Questions
    Like many companies, they don't tell you the salary up front. Jobs are graded and each grade has a low-medium-high range, but they wouldn't tell me the range either. However, I did get the salary I requested, just never knew where it fell in the range, so you don't know how you compare with other wealth administrators. I was happy with my salary, though.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of Hawaii.

Online application, Phone interview (hr representative) , 3 one-on-one interviews either in person or via video conference, and final interview. During the interview representatives would ask typical resume questions to find out more about interviewee and how he or she will fit to their company's goals and culture. The interviewers had casual and comfortable presence to soothe the interview process.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of Hawaii.

Applied online received a phone call for an interview. Completed an interview but didn't get an offer then received a phone call a few months later asking to interview for project management position. The process was not difficult neither was the interview process. They wanted to get to know me and see where I could fit.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of Hawaii in June 2013.

You fill out a Taleo application, which includes one of those "what would you do in this scenario?" tests. After this, there was no phone interview, we went directly into an interview in person. There, you get a professional/experience interview, followed by a personal interview (interests, where do you see yourself in a few years?)

Interview Questions
    • "If you were an animal, which would you be?"   View Answer
    They simply called me up a week later and offered me the position.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of Hawaii in March 2013.

I was contacted by an HR rep after giving my resume to her at a job fair. She initially contacted me for an internship and I thought it went real smooth and then I got called back for a second interview with the hiring manager, but it was mostly him just talking the whole time. I was told that they would contact me in 2 weeks after all the other individuals had interviewed. In the mean time I was interviewing other places and found a better paying job elsewhere and took that job. I never heard back from Bank of Hawaii

CBR Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of Hawaii in March 2013.

went to a job fair and had a informal interview then a phone interview afterwards. I was offered the job about 2 days later from the HR department because I was still in school, I had to accept the lower position and move my way up

Interview Questions
    • the interview questions aren't too hard to answer, just be honest with your experiences.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Consumer Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of Hawaii in August 2012.

contacted through e-mail and instant exposure to mid-level execs

Interview Questions
    Straight forward with some negotiating

Trust Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in July 2012.

1 in-person interview with 4 different managers. No technical questions nor test. No walk around to meet co-workers & see the work environment(I needed this). About an hour long. No follow up interview. Laid-back questions and patient in waiting for the candidate's answer. Overall, the easiest interview I ever had. It almost felt insufficient and made me wonder whether the interviewees decided "No" quickly. Turned out they could tell who I am easily and it was "Yes".

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of Hawaii in April 2012.

HR Personnel called me probably 3 days after resume submission. Phone interview with HR personnel. I believe HR person schedules next interview with the vp of the call center department. Discuss resume. What is good customer service? How comfortable are you in using computers? Call center personnel did not mention anything about benefits, pay or whatever. However, she toured me around the facility already. After a week HR called to offer the position. Asked me to come in and fill up papers and discuss more about the pay and benefits. It was roughly 3 weeks process before I actually started my orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you in using computers?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Peak-Day Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of Hawaii in December 2011.

Applied online, in-person interview with service supervisor and manager within the month of applying.

No negotiation.