Bank of Hawaii

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in June 2013.

Interview Details – You fill out a Taleo application, which includes one of those "what would you do in this scenario?" tests. After this, there was no phone interview, we went directly into an interview in person. There, you get a professional/experience interview, followed by a personal interview (interests, where do you see yourself in a few years?)

Interview Question – "If you were an animal, which would you be?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They simply called me up a week later and offered me the position.

Summer Intern Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of Hawaii.

Interview Details – Applied online received a phone call for an interview. Completed an interview but didn't get an offer then received a phone call a few months later asking to interview for project management position. The process was not difficult neither was the interview process. They wanted to get to know me and see where I could fit.

Interview Question – With your schedule how are you able to do everything?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in January 2011.

Interview Details – You get interviewed by supervisor and two managers

Interview Question – Try to know more about the company before coming in. Be prepared to know what you are expected to do.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was one day long. It was a panel with the entire department in which I would be hired to work in. Questions were very detailed and behavior-based. Team was pleasant and easy to speak with.

The decision making process took a couple of weeks before they got back to me with an offer.

Interview Question – How will you benefit the HR team as a whole?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and simple.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Kapolei, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR Personnel called me probably 3 days after resume submission. Phone interview with HR personnel. I believe HR person schedules next interview with the vp of the call center department. Discuss resume. What is good customer service? How comfortable are you in using computers? Call center personnel did not mention anything about benefits, pay or whatever. However, she toured me around the facility already. After a week HR called to offer the position. Asked me to come in and fill up papers and discuss more about the pay and benefits. It was roughly 3 weeks process before I actually started my orientation.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you in using computers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Consumer Banking Representative Interview

Consumer Banking Representative
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in August 2012.

Interview Details – contacted through e-mail and instant exposure to mid-level execs

Interview Question – why should I pay you more?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward with some negotiating

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Honolulu, HI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in November 2009.

Interview Details – HR scheduled 2 face to face interviews, different days. They were both short and concise.

Negotiation Details – NO

Wealth Administrator Interview

Wealth Administrator
Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't easy but it wasn't hard. Just your typical questions of how you would handle certain situations. Why you want the job and why you want to leave your current job. The environment was very relaxed and I felt very comfortable.

Interview Question – What do you expect to be your biggest challenge from this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in December 2009.

Interview Details – Basic interview - work hours, location, previous work history.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of Hawaii in February 2012.

Interview Details – Ask you question's why you want to be with the bank and not another bank. Want to see what your strength's and weaknesses are and where you see yourself 5-10 year's down the road.

Interview Question – What made you choose Bank of Hawaii?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bank of Hawaii? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of Hawaii interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of Hawaii employees and interview candidates.