Bank of Ireland Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2014

2.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of Ireland in July 2010.

One telephone interview with HR Manager, following by a technical interview with two IT Managers. Interview covered technical experience to date.This interview was for entry onto the Bank of IReland Graduate programme.

Interview Questions
    • As this was for the graduate programme there were no really tricky questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of Ireland in February 2014.

First interview was by phone and it's pretty quick. I been required to open some site where I've been writing a code for that person, and the only task which I've got is: to write a function which will convert binary number to decimal using python build-in functions, and without python build-in functions. I've accomplished my task in less than 5min and even validated my answer. They never came back to me again.

Group Credit and Market Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of Ireland in November 2013.

First had to complete an online assessment, fairly easy, some basic numerical questions, Have a pen, paper and a quite room and it shouldn't be any problem. Then invited to an assessment center. 8 other people there on the day, 4 different sections to the assessment ranging from a competency based interview from 3 employees (done on your own), as well as a negotiations session with the other candidates based on which opportunity a made up bank should invest in, this was followed by a presentation and finally an IQ test (shapes etc).

Interview Questions
    • The competency based part of the interview definitely had some tough questions, practice for this one.   Answer Question

Security Perfectionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of Ireland.

They were very nice people

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of Ireland.

the interview was all example led, how would you handle difficult situations, juggling workloads, give some ideas on how you would boost revenue and improve the relationship with referrers.

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of Ireland in February 2011.

Tends to be personality/competencies based not technical knowledge or skills.

Interview Questions
    • Wording can be tricky but no usual questions. Question example 'discuss a time when you had to adjust priorities to ensure a customers needs were met'   Answer Question

Bank Official Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of Ireland in March 2009.

Initial review by agency, long wait before next phase, long review before the local management interview, long delay before offer. Interviews all focused on CV, school and college results. Not an interactive interview, but that was a long time ago, it may have changed.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses, why should we hire you for the role? Standard questions really   Answer Question
    I negotiated some extra money as I'd worked during college, was hard to get anything joined below market rate but wanted a job

Designer SOA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of Ireland in March 2012.

No hiring process for contract position as such. Just they post or sometime comes from references about the vacancies. We need to send updated CV. They generally take formal interview of 30-40 minutes since they mostly go by references.

Interview Questions
    They offered 500 Euro/day rate.

Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of Ireland in April 2012.

Online aptitude tests and if succesfull called for interview/presentation.
    Interview involved the usual competency questions but you are also required to do a short presentation on your suitability for the programme as well as you views on the Bank

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself influencing the banks strategy from the grad programme   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of Ireland in January 2008.

Very laid back. Seemed to be a quick chat to make sure i wasn't mentally unstable. Quick tour of the area i'd be working in and bingo job offered.
    I know i had it easy there is a much more to recruiting in this company these days.

Interview Questions
    • When were you ever faced with a challenge?   View Answer
    Within any bank negotiations on salary are going to be extremely difficult.

Worked for Bank of Ireland? Contribute to the Community!