Bank of Oklahoma

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.8

Loss Mit Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of Oklahoma.

Interview process was good had more than one interview before being hired. I was hired through a placement agency and was hired permanently through them. Process was very easy. Salary was not negotiable.

It was not optional. They offered and did not negotiate.

Commercial Banking ACT Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of Oklahoma.

Applied through university for the Commercial banking accelerated career track program. First round was all behavioral. Need to know your resumé forward and back. Have thorough ideas of why you want to be in commercial banking. The program only takes about twenty to twenty five candidates per year, so it is a very tough one to get into. Be ready to be on the top of your game if you want a shot at cracking into this program.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to work with someone that made your job difficult?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of Oklahoma.

I submitted my application online. I heard from HR quickly. I had 2-3 interviews with different managers and then was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about my 'management' style. Since I don't manage people now or before I couldn't really answer that question as they posed it.   Answer Question

Specialist In Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of Oklahoma.

Typical interview questions regarding previous experience.

Interview Questions
    There was no opportunity for negotiation.

Accelerate Career Track--Commercial Banking Interview

The process started with applying and submitting a resume, references, and unofficial transcript. For this position, the interviewers began by asking me to describe myself, why I wanted to work with them, and if I had any questions. I had just interviewed for their consumer banking position just 1 hour before. During the consumer position, you could tell that they really cared about the person they were hiring and getting to know them. The people who interviewed for commercial banking showed that they weren't happy to be there and that they wanted the interviews to be over.

Human Resources Service Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of Oklahoma.

Recruiters were responsive and friendly. Interview process was quick and painless.

I was able to negotiate my salary based on my previous experience. They started with a very low figure and my recruiter countered that offer for me.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of Oklahoma.

This process was the most frustrating process I have ever been through. I initially began communication with a recruiter who seemed interested in helping me. After the first conversation, I would have to leave multiple messages over several days (or in some cases, weeks) before I would hear back from her. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with the Branch Manager, and an in-person interview with two senior managers. After each of the interviews, I was told that I interviewed very well. I was even told by the branch manager I interviewed with that she wanted me as the ABM. I was later told that the position was being given to someone who had been promised the position earlier. The recruiter then told me that I would be considered for future positions, but she couldn't tell me when another position would be available. This process left me feeling very unappreciated and unwanted by the company.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical management interview questions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

interviewed at Bank of Oklahoma in September 2012.

When I was there you took one interview with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager. The interview is set up in a conversational tone so the can get a feel for how you would fit in with the group. It last about half an hour.

However, now there is an initial interview the applicant must get through. From those who I have spoken through you generally need to know about the company, know about you job, and know how to sell e.i. a pen.

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of Oklahoma in September 2011.

The process was fairly simple. The branches that would best fit for me and them were identified and I interviewed with three of them. I liked that BOK didn't just push me off on the first available opening. They considered my background, experience, and personality when choosing a placement. I interviewed with the Branch Managers and then the District Manager. They used a lot of behavioral questions like "tell me about a time when you..." and they were looking for you to explain the situation, what you did, how you resolved it, and the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Summary, "Tell me about a time when you witnessed another employee or manager breaking the rules? What did you do?"   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate salary.

Express Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of Oklahoma in March 2011.

Initially I submitted an online application and didn't hear from them for several weeks. In fact I forgot all about applying. I then received a phone call asking me some basic questions about my resume and then they asked me to come in for an face-to-face interview. I met with a lower level manager and then a second one. They explained the nature of the job and that it was a call center and I would be hired to a set schedule! based on the needs of the operation. Finally I met with a woman who was the VP over the Express Banker group I would be working for. They were all very pleasant and I felt pretty comfortable in asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly it was asking me about scenarios I had had in the past with customer service! especially on the phones. Basic what-if questions, how did I handle a difficult customer! when was I able to help someone, how well could I multitask. Did I realize that this was not an upwardly mobile position and that it was rare for someone to move into another area in the bank from this position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The salaries are set, no real opportunity for overtime.