Bank of the Philippine Islands

Relevance Date Difficulty

Officer Training Program Interview

Officer Training Program
Makati City (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a text within a couple of days. Took the exam along with around 25 people who were applying to various positions, it seems everyone has to take exam which takes just over an hour to complete. After waiting a couple of hours, I was interviewed by the member of HR who invited me to take the exam. I was told immediately after the 15 minute interview that I would be recommended for a final interview.

I was invited back to the final interview by the end of the week. This interview was with a member of the division I was applying to (Risk Management). What followed was a long 2 hour meeting but it was very positive and the interviewer was extremely accomodating and answered all my questions about the position. I was offered the chance to sign the same day.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to apply to BPI given your training? (I hold a degree in economics but specialized in a field unrelated to banking)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had real difficulty declining what was a very good offer but chose to join a different company.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands.

Interview Details – After graduation from the management training program, i was interviewed by each department in the group i was going to be assigned in. i think it was a big thing that i had a deep background in math, finance and programming that's why i was sent to the research team.

Interview Question – they were only checking which department you were fit. the questions were crafted for them to know your experience and background.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in June 2012.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews.
1. HR (screening)
2. HR
3. Area Head

The first interview will just take a few minutes since it's just a screening. Basically, they will ask you things written on your resume such as your objective, your work experiences, your skills. They might also ask you why you choose BPI, your short-term and long-term goals.
The second interview will be by another HR personnel. This interview is comprehensive. My second interview took for about an hour for this post, but usually it takes 20 minutes depending on the flow of the interview. As usual the "tell me about yourself" was asked. Definitely, they will ask you again the questions being asked on the screening, but this time on a more detailed context. They might ask you your edge from the other candidates, your strengths and weaknesses, why would they hire you, how can you be an asset to them, what would be your contribution to the company. Never forget the company profile and job description you are applying for. I forgot some of the questions, but just be honest with your answers and be calm, don't be intimidated. The last interview would be with your boss's boss, the area head. He didn't ask me a lot of questions. Basically, the interview focused on my sincerity of joining BPI, and staying with them longer as an employee and things about career advancement. Companies would like to retain their recruits, recruiting and training are costly, so they want to know if you want to stay with them permanently. My last interview was just like a casual conversation, the second interview I would say was the hardest during the process.

Interview Question – Why do want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Staff Position Interview

Staff Position

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands.

Interview Details – (1) HR Interview
(2) Department Head interview
(3) Job Offer

I think I wasn't able to get in because the Department Head prefers to take in a male employee. I'm not mad but I think they shouldn't have considered me for the position if they prefer a male applicant in the first place. Communication between HR and the department needing a new employee can still be improved.

Interview Question – How are you fitted to the job vacancy? Do you have any previous experience that is somehow related to the said position?   Answer Question

Messenger Interview

Messenger
Makati City (Philippines)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in February 2012.

Interview Details – through agency

Interview Question – just your personal info and on how you can do your best for the job   View Answer

Sales Area Head Interview

Sales Area Head
Makati, Rizal (Philippines)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bank of the Philippine Islands in May 2009.

Interview Details – The bank is very conervative. They give priority to experienced officers. Salary can be negotiated but they rarely offer a higher position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to enter the company versus the other banks in the indusry   Answer Question
  • How would you describe the competitivenes of the bank versus the other banks in the industry, what are the weaknesses and strengths   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of the Philippine Islands? Contribute to the Community!